Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BMW M6 mid to low 11sec car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006 | 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
All bs aside, I am not joking about the torque thing. I would really like for you to answer the question. Name one instance that torque has become a deciding factor in a race, where to cars make nearly the same power.

Weight is more of a factor than torque.
Weight is always a problem but torque is the only thing that overcomes inertia. Torque is ALWAYS the deciding factor in a drag race (one that takes place from a dead stop, not a bullshit highway punch). You were never at all curious why a 490 HP Ferrari only runs mid-12s while 330 RWHP f-bodies run low 12s? Come on...
Tell me why a Ferrari F430 makes over 150lbft of torque less than a C6, but traps slightly higher. They weigh about the same.
traps higher maybe, the ETs are the same and that's all that matters. The F430 makes 490 HP vs. the LS2s 400. The very fact that the LS2 makes more torque is why they have the same E/Ts inspite of the F430 having taller gears and 90 more HP.
Tell me why an s2000 is faster than a v6 mustang. Even though the mustang makes over 100lbft of torque more. Just a simple question, not trying to start ****.
Weight and gearing. Take about 200 lbs out of a new V6 stang and throw 4.10s in it, I wouldn't be surprised if the mustang pulls on the S2000, not one bit. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see mid 14 second passes from a 5-speed coupe V6 at all considering auto verts run 15.2 and below
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:17 AM
On The Tree

that supra was clearly a turd btw, and a Z06 would tear an M6 all kinds of new ******** from any speed.
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Look dude, do you wanna run or not, let me know and quit bullshitting
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Race... with a video.
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

yeah get it on vid.
Old 08-15-2006 | 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol...got butt hurt on the 350z, now he is bringing out the 650+rwhp MR2. Damn MR2 has more power, and is a helluva lot lighter. I don't think the 4.10's and the 150 shot are gonna be able to pull it off, but I think it will be a pretty decent race if you can catch traction. I wouldn't run him for money.
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HOSS
lol...got butt hurt on the 350z, now he is bringing out the 650+rwhp MR2. Damn MR2 has more power, and is a helluva lot lighter. I don't think the 4.10's and the 150 shot are gonna be able to pull it off, but I think it will be a pretty decent race if you can catch traction. I wouldn't run him for money.
Im not gonna run him for money, but im not gonna let him talk **** and not back it up either. I mean I don't give a **** if I lose to a light little POS with 650+rwhp, but it sure would make him look bad if I jumped his *** and he couldnt fetch me
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHA what about the deuce! You on spray vs an mr2. Almighty LS1 on dope. More torque remember. One car to 150 or whatever
The more you talk, the more you look like an idiot.

Congratulations on being another douche bag with a fast car.
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your avoiding the deuce again arent you. How do you know what I will make. Remember your whole torque theory. We will do it from a roll for sure, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DEUCE?

"torque theory"?? Theres no theory to it. Its proven that torque, no matter how rice your mentality is, DOES in fact matter in a race. Granted, a lighter car with less torque can pull a heavier car with more tq. TQ/Weight. Now in the C6 Z case its no contest...500-600 Lbs is already a huge deficit to overcome, But with any brains you would be able to say, a car weighing THAT much less with 100 more LB/FT to its name, would completely and utterly destroy the bimmer. Not bashing on the BMW by any means, Its an awesome car, and quick for what it is. nice vid
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPLATT
But with any brains
That might eliminate mr. 25psi, alot of the stuff he says would lead you to believe he may not have a brain at all, lol.
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:31 PM
Teching In

25psi is just IGNORANT!!! Why dont you just race Sprayed1998 already? And if you had any ***** why don't you run from a dig? Whats a roll race? For people who can't launch their cars........ just run and squash the bullshit
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BaDaSS
25psi is just IGNORANT!!! Why dont you just race Sprayed1998 already? And if you had any ***** why don't you run from a dig? Whats a roll race? For people who can't launch their cars........ just run and squash the bullshit
or people with 550rwtq and a stock 10 bolt, hehe.
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:39 PM
Teching In

HAHAHAHA well thats a good enough reason too lol!! Run them already n post VIDEO
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

I just wanna see a vid of the sprayed SS vs the mr2...and 25psi your right torque doesnt matter as much from a high speed punch but as someone else already said the reason why ET's are similar with one car with more torque while the other has more Hp is that the torque will get you moving quicker off the line, however the top end HP is going to make up for it, hence why the F430 and vette have similar ET's. Neither HP or TQ alone is going to win a race, its the combo of the two. Your torque down low is what ultimately gets you into your peak HP band, and the more torque you have down low the quicker your going to get into you peak HP band. Even if your racing at high levels of speed, unless you have really good gearing, when you shift and your rpms drop its your torque that again gets you back into your peak HP band. Perfect example is my buddies 04 srt-4 with a .50 trim turbo. When he punches it at 5K+ rpms he instantly starts pulling on me, however I make up a little ground and stop his pull when he has to shift because he doesnt have as much torque down low as I do, however once his turbo starts spooling up again and he hits his peak boost he starts pulling on me again. Just think about it man, you have two high HP cars, why do you think sprayed 1998 beat your 350z when he wasnt making tyhe same HP numbers as you?
Old 08-15-2006 | 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
why do you think sprayed 1998 beat your 350z when he wasnt making tyhe same HP numbers as you?
EGT's, loose bolts, passenger, boost leaks, injectors, tune, you name it and he has made the excuse. all of which he failed to mention untill after I started pulling him down hwy59, and that was just the egt excuse, all the others have come in the last few weeks(race was a few months ago,lol)
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BaDaSS

If they race from a dig, sprayed will beat him no doubt it my mind. Assuming he gets traction.

There's a big article on it, which is more imporantant. It's been debateable for years.

An easy way to look at it,

out of the whole, that's where torque shines at. So Spray would get the big jump and no way 25psi would catch him.

Roll racing, well, it changes the outcome.
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I just wanna see a vid of the sprayed SS vs the mr2...and 25psi your right torque doesnt matter as much from a high speed punch but as someone else already said the reason why ET's are similar with one car with more torque while the other has more Hp is that the torque will get you moving quicker off the line, however the top end HP is going to make up for it, hence why the F430 and vette have similar ET's. Neither HP or TQ alone is going to win a race, its the combo of the two. Your torque down low is what ultimately gets you into your peak HP band, and the more torque you have down low the quicker your going to get into you peak HP band. Even if your racing at high levels of speed, unless you have really good gearing, when you shift and your rpms drop its your torque that again gets you back into your peak HP band. Perfect example is my buddies 04 srt-4 with a .50 trim turbo. When he punches it at 5K+ rpms he instantly starts pulling on me, however I make up a little ground and stop his pull when he has to shift because he doesnt have as much torque down low as I do, however once his turbo starts spooling up again and he hits his peak boost he starts pulling on me again. Just think about it man, you have two high HP cars, why do you think sprayed 1998 beat your 350z when he wasnt making tyhe same HP numbers as you?

Nice post btw.

I understand what you are trying to say, but look clearly in the first video when I pulled him easily. The more times we ran, thats when he started to pull. Remember I am a turbo car, so the advantages go to an n/a car as far as cool down is concered. ASk him why he put the passenger in my car after the first 3-4 races! Thats becuase I pulled him.

As to you sprayed, I've spent over 30,000 dollars in both cars and I would like to recover some of my money. So if you have some nuts, put up 500 against the deuce and another 500 on the 350z. Ill be on pump vs your spray. Btw, I just bought a 93 rx7 shell so you have another pick here in a couple of months.
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quote from sprayed:

Well we finally went out and did it, we had another guy in a DSG 04 Cobra join too. Basically it was My SS(sig), vs PE TT 350Z 7-8psi vs 04 Cobra 2.8 pulley, exhaust, CAI and dyno tune.

We did 1st gear and 2nd gear rolls. The 1st few runs camera guy was in my car and the 350z would edge me out up top, we did that a few times and pulled over to talk, his car is 100% legit, runs HARD as ****.

After that we put the camera man in his car and did the same ****, 45-50 rolls down hwy 59, on one race I hit 150, lol. Basically it was even, I had a slight edge like he did when I had the camera guy Id say it is a 100% dead even race. We both ran the cobra about the same, dead even. In fact, I would like to see 3 cars get together and race this close, it was almost funny how even it was.

I am doing the TSP ls6 budget heads, FAST 90/90 and asp pulley, he is gonna forge his motor and run 15lbs. Should be some more good vids of us running pretty soon.
Vids will be up later tonight, gotta convert some ****.
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Nice post btw.

I understand what you are trying to say, but look clearly in the first video when I pulled him easily. The more times we ran, thats when he started to pull. Remember I am a turbo car, so the advantages go to an n/a car as far as cool down is concered. ASk him why he put the passenger in my car after the first 3-4 races! Thats becuase I pulled him.

As to you sprayed, I've spent over 30,000 dollars in both cars and I would like to recover some of my money. So if you have some nuts, put up 500 against the deuce and another 500 on the 350z. Ill be on pump vs your spray. Btw, I just bought a 93 rx7 shell so you have another pick here in a couple of months.

Right im not saying your car isnt faster, and I agree in the first vid you did pull him. All im responding to is the fact that even though he has less horsepower he cans till hang with you due to his torque and powerband. You may make more peak HP but he is going to jump out on you due to his amount of tq down low and how broad his power band is. Not saying your powerband is all up top as i havent seen a graph but my guess is that your hitting your peak HP numbers at a higher RPM than he is, so until you get intot eh upper RPM's he is going to pull on you. I hope you get to race your mr2 against him on spray as i think it will be a real good race with you edging him out up top if you race to 150 mph. If the race is to 130 I say its a flip onf a coin who wins because on a 150 shot he is going to make massive amounts of torque down low and will jump you but once you start hitting your peak boost you will pull back quite quickly. Just race for fun though fi you guys cant agree on a $$$ amount and post the vids up! Good luck to both of ya!
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Spend a lil money on some milled heads, a fast 90/90, and spray the 100/150, and I think you can take either of the cars. We have already seen the shitty setup on his 350z, maybe the same craftmanship will come in to play when he gets it built...

Quick Reply: BMW M6 mid to low 11sec car?