34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LG Motorsports' allngn_c5 vs Livernois' cgillies86 97 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
Well, if you factor in the weight factor and the jump, I guess dougs car beat me by 3 cars to 140. I am not at all suprised on the results considering he has a 50 hp/50 tq advantage on me. I would of liked to have done better but o well.
Your car did great man. I'd be happy with the results for sure. We'd be a pretty close race on the roll. Maybe sometime.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94LS1Z
Where was the from dig race? Even though doug did pull hard up top I would still give a quartermile pass to chris with no questions asked. DR's vs The vid I saw of you vs Fadi I would put money on chris...this is in no way an insult I am just saying you need some tires and gears.
VS Chris, tires yes, gears no. Exact same ratio, everything, I just make more power. Give me something sticky to compete with his DRs and I'll take him in the 1/4.

I'll say it again being quick was not my first priority, I wanted 200 mph and I have done it. Will have to do it again with camera on speedo. Moderately quick was a definate bonus, and being able to get over 34 mpg on the eway helps keep fuel costs down when I am just driving. I use this car to ride in style when I go out of town, and to make a statement when I show up.

If racing a 750 gxr (yr ??) on the high way from an 80 roll in 3rd and pulling away from him isn't quick then your car must be way faster then me. The bike race happened last night on my way home from Chris' house. (no vid ) The guy on the bike got off at the same exit as me, pulls up and says two words, "holy ****!" I said exactly. Light goes green and that was that.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would need tires and gears to challange Fadi and his C6 ZO6. The Mamo ported 90/90 as well. Air Flow Research, "feel the difference"
Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
Your car did great man. I'd be happy with the results for sure. We'd be a pretty close race on the roll. Maybe sometime.
Thanks man, I could of done a little bit better shfting at 6600 instead of 6400. Also, I could of slamed gears harder but, I do not have to money to fix this thing if it breaks again. Besides Doug would of won anyways. The 100lb advantage he gave me basically negates my short shifting. But, yea I will be down to mess around a bit on the freeway with you.

-Chris
Old 08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Should be fun, I will be the only one to vote for myself, lol.
You got way more votes then you thought. We gotta go run again some time Chris. I had a lot of fun. The video turned out very nice I think. Good job on it. We'll have to get something setup between you and Dennis. Should be interesting.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
You got way more votes then you thought. We gotta go run again some time Chris. I had a lot of fun. The video turned out very nice I think. Good job on it. We'll have to get something setup between you and Dennis. Should be interesting.
Yea that would be cool. I just hope my oil pressure is back up to 36psi at idle. It was down to 28psi last night at idle. Hopefully, I didn't mess up that motor already.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea that would be cool. I just hope my oil pressure is back up to 36psi at idle. It was down to 28psi last night at idle. Hopefully, I didn't mess up that motor already.
I hope I can figure out why I had so much smoke coming out the back. Either a little too much oil when I added some, or I have some bad rings and getting a little blowby...may need to upgrade my pistons and rings when I go to LG next year.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't worry about that man. That's where mines been at since I bought it. As long as she climbs with rpm you're ok.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
I wouldn't worry about that man. That's where mines been at since I bought it. As long as she climbs with rpm you're ok.
Alright, good, it still goes up with rpm.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

I agree you could have done some better shifting. Looked like your car was nose diving on the shifts. I think it would have been a closer run had you done as you said...shifted at 6600 and banged the gears quicker.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by joewee350
I agree you could have done some better shifting. Looked like your car was nose diving on the shifts. I think it would have been a closer run had you done as you said...shifted at 6600 and banged the gears quicker.
Well maybe next time we run i'll do that. I am very hesitant to bang gears like I used to. Because I blew my motor missing a shift 2 months ago.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

That's what I'm talking about ALLGN_C5! A thread with some actual racing.

Looks like it was a real good run although I'm not much for roll racing. Tires or no I'd like to see a run run from a dig with a marked off 1320.

Both cars look like monsters.

Jon
Old 08-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by COMNBYU

Looks like it was a real good run although I'm not much for roll racing. Tires or no I'd like to see a run run from a dig with a marked off 1320.

Jon
I would love to run from a stop after I install a stronger rear. But, I am on the stock rear for right now. Next summer I will probably upgrade the rear end.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Wow, fast stuff there. Looks like allot of fun. Nice races!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jon
Thanks a lot Jon. Chris is a good friend of mine and I wanted the race to be as even as possible. Like it was posted in the video, Chris had the jump and a 100 lb weight advantage. You get to see what a 40+rwhp and 40+rwtq advantage can do even though I had a passenger and had to let him run first because neither of us could hear the others horn. Chris's car has a seriously wicked exhaust with some 1 7/8" Kooks, you've heard about mine, 1 3/4" LG Pro Long Tubes < NO Cats, NO Mufflers > No mufflers courtesy of the Billy Boat Quad tip Bullitt cat back system. I must say that with his car ideling at 800 rpms he has this evil Big Block Muscle car sound. Thanks a lot Chris, and maybe we can find some more people for you to run heads up against. You have a lot of car there. One of the fastest Head and Cam 97's out there I bet.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:00 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't forget the weight advantage frc FRC over coupe. Go from a dig damnit! Roll racing is for supra's.

SDB
Old 08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jon

Jon you will get your wish. We are going to try to set up a group of us to go to Milan, or Lapeer in September. Hopefully it will be Whplash (Dennis), cgillies86 (Chris), Me, and Fadi. Maybe I will hear back from Clkwork and he can make it as well. Got some 11 and 12 second cars in this bunch potentially. I could even see Fadi hitting a 10.999 or an 11.1xx Dennis has great potential for low 11's if he gets his shift points reset. I don't want to speculate on my runs. Hoping for a 124 or 125 trap, and 11.xxx . Scared to read the slip for my 60' times. Just a side note I will be running some borrowed tires that Dennis is going to let me use for a few runs. He said they would hook so I'll be able to hit it hard off the line. Wish us luck on all being available on the same Friday...... Friday at Milan should be nuts.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks a lot Jon. Chris is a good friend of mine and I wanted the race to be as even as possible. Like it was posted in the video, Chris had the jump and a 100 lb weight advantage. You get to see what a 40+rwhp and 40+rwtq advantage can do even though I had a passenger and had to let him run first because neither of us could hear the others horn. Chris's car has a seriously wicked exhaust with some 1 7/8" Kooks, you've heard about mine, 1 3/4" LG Pro Long Tubes < NO Cats, NO Mufflers > No mufflers courtesy of the Billy Boat Quad tip Bullitt cat back system. I must say that with his car ideling at 800 rpms he has this evil Big Block Muscle car sound. Thanks a lot Chris, and maybe we can find some more people for you to run heads up against. You have a lot of car there. One of the fastest Head and Cam 97's out there I bet.
I kinda wish I would of tached my car up to 6600 or 6700 just to see how much closer it would of been. Maybe next time I won't be a ***** and speed shift instead of pausing a breif second before I shift. Next time, maybe we should do a 90 or 100 roll and pull all the way through 4th. That way I won't have to worry about missing a shift.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SDB
don't forget the weight advantage frc FRC over coupe. Go from a dig damnit! Roll racing is for supra's.

SDB

Well the weight advantage I have with my car, I gave right back to Chris because I weigh 243 and he's around 200, or 205. Pretty close match.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

I kinda wish I would of tached my car up to 6600 or 6700 just to see how much closer it would of been. Maybe next time I won't be a ***** and speed shift instead of pausing a breif second before I shift. Next time, maybe we should do a 90 or 100 roll and pull all the way through 4th. That way I won't have to worry about missing a shift.

4th gear pull from 100 to 150 !!!! Sounds like a money race for me Chris. Want to bet that Mongolian BBQ dinner I owe you double or nothing???