cgillies86 Livernois Motorsports H/C boltons pkg
34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LG Motorsports' allngn_c5 vs Livernois' cgillies86 97 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell I am all for a no shift one gear pull. It will show how you seem to pull as strong or stronger on the bottom and mid range, and I should out run you big time. I hope.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
4th gear pull from 100 to 150 !!!! Sounds like a money race for me Chris. Want to bet that Mongolian BBQ dinner I owe you double or nothing???
Maybe if I get my 300lb friend to video tape it, and you have a full tank of gas and I get the jump, LOL...
Old 08-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Hell I am all for a no shift one gear pull. It will show how you seem to pull as strong or stronger on the bottom and mid range, and I should out run you big time. I hope.
We should do it, because then I won't have any excuses..LOL. But seriously, if we did a 1 gear pull and stopped at end of 4th then we'd get a good idea how many cars slower I actually am.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am all for it. Whatever you want to do. As long as you don't talk me into going down Woodward on the week of the dream cruise again.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Nice runs! I'm a little paranoid though about street racing after getting stopped not long ago. allngn_c5, I would think you should trap 124-125 with the RWHP numbers you are putting down. My car runs pretty consistent 118-119 mph, but I'd like to put a tire on it to get some decent ET numbers.

-Rick
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Launching!

I am all for it. Whatever you want to do. As long as you don't talk me into going down Woodward on the week of the dream cruise again.
Yea, lol that was a mistake last night
Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SilverC5Vert
Nice runs! I'm a little paranoid though about street racing after getting stopped not long ago. allngn_c5, I would think you should trap 124-125 with the RWHP numbers you are putting down. My car runs pretty consistent 118-119 mph, but I'd like to put a tire on it to get some decent ET numbers.

-Rick
I just hope my car can trap at least 120, and I'll be happy.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Nice video........Hell I am lucky to get a race once a month but this old man here can show you guys how to shift
Old 08-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FRCTorchRed
Nice video........Hell I am lucky to get a race once a month but this old man here can show you guys how to shift
Doug can shift pretty well, I used to be able to row the gears. But, I am paranoid as hell to slam my gears now. Because, last time I slamed my gears and raced, I blew my motor. Damn missed shifts
Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

I keep watching this over and over. I don't know if I like the song or the racing better.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
I keep watching this over and over. I don't know if I like the song or the racing better.
That video turned out sweet as hell thats for sure.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
Ditto bro !!!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think we might have found you a job when you graduate from college with that fancy computer engineering degree. You can make 100 grand editing peoples race footage. That would be some good work if you can get it.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Launching!

I think we might have found you a job when you graduate from college with that fancy computer engineering degree. You can make 100 grand editing peoples race footage. That would be some good work if you can get it.
That would be so sweet. I guess if i get sick of computer programing I can fall back on something.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Looked Like A Blast
Old 08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gentlemen gentlmen...

Nice video's....good racing!!! Dope footage.

Advisory: Shift quicker.... both of you cats.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Gentlemen gentlmen...

Nice video's....good racing!!! Dope footage.

Advisory: Shift quicker.... both of you cats.
I hear ya loud and clear Capt Power Shift>>>>>>>>.

J/K Jamie. I figured you would like the video with the music and the sweet camera work that Chris' friend pulled off after he figured out what he was doing. I don't like shifting as fast as you are talking about when I am so close to the rev limiter. I could've on this race though because I was hitting the next gear at 6400-6500 rpms instead of 6700 like I should have. Not taking anything away from Chris with that comment either, his car gets up and goes very well from a roll. I think heads up no jump for him, and no passenger for me, I am going to put some distance between us a lot easier from 55 to whatever. Glad to hear from ya Jamie, I thought you were MIA for a min.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Launching!

I just hope my car can trap at least 120, and I'll be happy.
It should easily trap 120+. I trapped 120- 121 at the track last time I went (once! I prefer road coarse events). I had around 425ish HP w/ 39x Tq.

Nice vids
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by apexman
It should easily trap 120+. I trapped 120- 121 at the track last time I went (once! I prefer road coarse events). I had around 425ish HP w/ 39x Tq.

Nice vids
Well thats some good news, well see what happens this thursday.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear ya loud and clear Capt Power Shift>>>>>>>>.

J/K Jamie. I figured you would like the video with the music and the sweet camera work that Chris' friend pulled off after he figured out what he was doing. I don't like shifting as fast as you are talking about when I am so close to the rev limiter. I could've on this race though because I was hitting the next gear at 6400-6500 rpms instead of 6700 like I should have. Not taking anything away from Chris with that comment either, his car gets up and goes very well from a roll. I think heads up no jump for him, and no passenger for me, I am going to put some distance between us a lot easier from 55 to whatever. Glad to hear from ya Jamie, I thought you were MIA for a min.

freaking A.

I responded to this yesterday man...but...obviously something went wacko with my connection.

Anyway's... Trust me man, I'm not about ripping my car apart, due to an over rev...thats the last thing I need to happen right now. I'd light the car on fire at this point if "my" car has a failure, I deal with enough of that at work everyday.Brother, The shifting, is SOO CRUCIAL to racing. I know you know this everyone, so please nobody take this like i'm telling you something that "I" tink you don't know.

..that said, with all honesty, the best thing I have going for me, is my driving style. I don't always powershift, I most of the time, just speed shift....or blip the throttle enough, to where I am NOT lifting completely but, maybe only 20% or soo....anything BUT full thorttle WORKS. Speed shifting, and keeping the car straight and MOVING forward REGARDLESS of wheel spin is what makes my combo sick. It WILL make or break a race for me. It's that simple. It is something that MUST be done dawg.

If anyone isn't comfortable, shifting that fast,powershifting, speed shifting, flatshifting,etc etc, I can fully understand why. You don't want to break ****. Like me. I started young, driving this way. And I suffered many times, when my 5.0 had a cracked T-5 main shaft in the transmission. Honestly, I broke 4 "world class t-5's" in that car. It never did it on an actual missed shift but, I know damm well it was due to my (at the time) non-driving *** missing gears time and time again. My Cobra,...same problem. I think I went through 4 T-45 transmissions. On that car, I honestly didn't miss too many shifts, cause at that time I had three years of manual ONLY driving, which was all in classic hot-rods and late model vettes and mustangs. I think the T-45 was just to weak for my driving style.

Now, after 12 years of manual only driving, I rarely miss gears if ever. Also, after all that driving, i've learned that you don't ALWAYS have to powershift, to make a fast selection. So do try and MAT the throttle...but Those extra 300 to 700rpm's that we may loose from NOT shifting superfast, in "MY" car, would kill me, atleast on motor, cause I would have knocked MYSELF below my cars powerBAND....and would have alot of ground to make up.

You don't have to make EVERY GEAR SUPER FAST either. Maybe start off with your stronger ones. The ones that YOU KNOW you can bang. If you think your gonna miss(don't think that cause you will), just also be ready to lift. Me, personally, i try and be ready for anything, ready for the sky to fall, whatever...missshift...whatever....titty flash from hot chick in car next to me...whatever. YOu can handle it man. I've seen your videos. ******* nut.

Trust me bro,...it makes the biggest difference in the entire world. Once you start banging them out, you'll never look back.

blah blah blah. I almost forgot what the hell I was talking about... my bad. lol....i'm retarded.

Again, I know everyone here knows this...just speaking my mind. Although you guys might not want to take advice from a looney.

Peace out ya'll.