Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Post your worst death(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got walked by a pullied 03 cobra like 2 years ago in the C5. he just kept pulling and pulling..
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

My worst death. I Copied/Pasted from an older thread. Good read though....

"I was at the track in the staging lanes one sunny Saturday having a good time. At the time my car was running 12.7's on nittos. Nothing special but decent for a street car. Anyways as the lines moved my line was 1 car behind and along pulls up this 94-95 GT. I didn't even notice it behind me when I was sitting in my car. When the lines stopped (I think somebody puked fluid on the starting line) I got out of my car and so did the driver of the GT. We look at each others cars. His was moonlight blue with a 2.5" cowl hood that was unpainted. His tires were weld draglights 3.5" up front and some 15x8 in the rear with ET streets. The front rims looked dirty covered in brake dust. Full interior and even with some magazines and a windbreaker jacket in the back seat. He was a nice guy and complimented my car and I did the same about his. So we agreed to run each other and never really asked each other about the ET's. While we were bs'ing he asked me what type of safety requirements are there to run. So I told him some basic stuff like a DS loop if running slicks, a helment for anything under 13.99, etc.

So as the cleanup was done the lines started to move, I started my car and he got in his and started his car. It was your standard 5.0 sound. It had a slight lope (I'm guessing an alphabet cam) but nothing radical. What sounded like flowmaster mufflers and a o/r h-pipe. As the lines moved, it was our turn to dance. I did my burnout first and quickly staged. I said to myself I'm going to smoke another slow 5.0 and destroy this guy. I look over just in time to see him roll out of his burnout. I bring the rpms up to 5000 and preload the drivetrain. I'm staged and ready to go. He stages up and down comes the tree. Yellow, yellow, yellow, GREEN! I hooked up pretty good for a 17" DR (1.79 60ft). What happened next was something out of STAR WARS. By the time I got out of 1st gear (I had 4.56's at the time) I couldn't read his license plate. All I saw was a blue blur in the left lane going down the track. My jaw was in my lap. I was so shocked I accidently tapped the limiter for a millisecond and shifted into 2nd. Just after I pass half track I see his ET........ 10.37@13X!! I finish the run and grab my ticket. I get back to the pits and he was nowhere to be found. He was like a ghost. Just appeared then in a instant he was gone.

About 2 months go down the road and I'm at a local hangout/car show standing infront of my car with some friends. I see this very same ghost pull in and I told my friends what happened that day. It was deja vu as the rear of his car was facing me and I finally got to see this car's license plate. The license plate said "WO HORSY" -Mark"
Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

When I was lid and catback I was coming home one night a few years ago from our local fbody meeting when I pulled up to a light next to a 69 impala. It had 3 girls in it and they asked me if I wanted to run, so I didn't wanna say no to some chicks, so I agreed. What I didn't know was that this car had a 572 ci motor w/ a blower. Light went green and by the time I reacted she was already through the damn intersection. She ended up putting oh......20+ bus lengths on me. She slowed down and said good run, even though my pride was bitch slapped, literally. I asked my father-in-law if he knew the car since he has been in my area for 50+ years and he said yes. Turns out the girls fathers builds drag cars for a living and that car was her 16th bithday gift. I knew that it was loppey and sounded mean, but I figured " older car, heavy, girl driving, old school technology, I'll kick her ***" WOW, was I wrong. Even with the mods I have now, which I know are not that much, she would have still destroyed me. My friends got a good laugh out of it after I told them. Humble pie tastes like ****.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About a week after getting my z28 I threw on the slp lm catback that had just come in the mail and went crusing. As im driving on this 2 lane 55mph road I see what i thought was an old school (late 80's) monte carlo. Now there are a few of these monte's in my town and they are all ragged on and beat to **** so i figured this was one of them and that it would be an easy win...nope...we get to a light a little ways up the road and I look over and hes hanging back a bit so I still cant make out exactly what the car is except that it has the monte carlo type body style. I mash it off the line and take off and he rolls off slowly...next thing I know he goes screaming by sounding like a damn jet plane and leaves me in the dust. I ran into the guy the next week at a loal car show and hes running mid 10's on DR's and race gas...
Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

A damn turbo civic and a srt 4, both stories are on here, by the way I am a stock Auto trans am with the ws6 hood. Engine mods coming next year more than likely. 19 and all my money goes to school, gas and my sound system in my car right now.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Launching!

55 Chevy two door stripped and tubbed with a 555 cu.in motor with a 300 shot yea he was gone. It had like 1400+ whp? He never got it dynoed.I was friends with him and i knew i was gonna get a new one ripped in me.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

one day i was on my way home for lunch... and this beatiful blue c6 zo6 came was ahead of me... and i was like *** IT! lets have some fun! lol.. at first he didnt want to race.. but i floored it past him.. and slowed down for him to catch up... than he smilled.. reved and we did the three honk... omg lol.. he took off and i punched it.. but he kept pulling like if i was standing still lol... man it was a bad death but great at the same time! at the end i cought up again.. and he gave me a thumbs up and i had to exit...
Old 08-28-2006, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

i ran what i was told to be a stock NSX...we cruised to the highway and i downshifted going about 50 mph or so and when he downshifts i hear this horrible schwiss ... lets just say the **** had a 67mm turbo intercooled and ran mid 11's...cool guy to talk to though
Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Austin, TX
twin turbo
red Supra
race gas
NASTY!

don't like to talk about it. He walked away like I was standing still from a 20mph roll.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

A few years ago I was in my 86 monte ss, with a 305 out of a regular 80's monte carlo. Only 150 hp, but i did have 4.56 gears and a 2400 stall and could dead hook off the line. So i had three races all in a row with a sho tauraus. First one i took him till 50 and then there was another light so we had to stop. second i took him again till around 50 but not by as much and we hit another light and had to stop. Third time I got out on him again but not by much and then out of nowhere this crazy *** 03 cobra just blew by us like we were racing in reverse. I mean it was just gone.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

My worst death was at G10 in atlanta this year I made the mistake of jumping on an 06 z06 we we started out around 60 on the highway and I got the jump of about a car and then he just freakin walked on me like I was sitting still but hey no matter how fast ppl tell you those cars are you can never believe them till you jump on one yourself it was fun though and those things are hella fast
Old 08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

viper
twin turbo
950 rwhp
93 octane
Old 08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

In my stock 87 IROC 305 TPI. I'm at the light with a 911 turbo when I sneezed and bumped my throttle. The guy looks over at me and smiles, and when the light turned green that car unleashed the most beautiful display of fury I ever saw. I just sat at the light with my mouth in my lap...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Teching In

'65 Shelby Cobra
Built 347 Stroker
now has supercharger
Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Got murdered by my friend's LS6 Chevelle. Damn thing had close to 10 lengths by the time I finished 2nd gear (5500 RPM's). We knew what would happen, just wanted to see how bad it would look, lol. Got walked pretty good by a 10 second WS6 too.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Finite1
not sure if this counts.....

i was entering the highway on the on-ramp and in front of me was a orange z28 (not sure the year, it was 4th gen tho and possibly an SS)

i wasn't really gunning it or anything, but he powered right in front of mine to get in front of me quick. and it happened so smoothly, i was like damn.....

this was the only time ive felt belittled so far
Wonder if it was me???
Old 08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm, first time at the track with the Cobra they line me up against a Nova with a freakin' pit crew fer crissakes. He launched hangin' and I left spinnin' He ran a 10.34 to my 13.2 and just sat there in the outside lane waiting for me to show up so he could turn off. The worst street race was an impromptu roll-on with a RAM 1500 Cummins TD with paste-on headlights and 20" tires in back. As soon as he lined up and I saw the cage, sponser crap and that damned 8" stack in the back, I knew I was toast. I had CAI and shitty exhaust at the time and was able to hang for about the time it took for that big assed snail to spool and then it was C-ya to the tune of about 10 cars in one gear. Later I find he's been running low, low 10's with that thing. Funny **** seeing him pull like that with black **** blowing 50 feet in the air.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

My worst death was at the track before I got my car tuned. I lined up with a red SRT-4. There were about 15 Neons there that night and all but a few were running 13.7x or higher. So I wasn't too worried about this one. We lined up, I got the hole shot and jumped out to a car length or so. Then, something happened. Before I was through 1st, this red streak flew by me in the left lane. I bounced it off the limiter in 1st and 2nd because I couldn't hear my car. And he was 500 ft. in front of me. I saw him shut down at about 1000ft and ran a 12.00. That was my last race that night.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my worst death was getting beat by my dad in his modded 05 mustang GT in my stock ls1 trans am
Old 08-29-2006, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

the other night on my way home i was just crusing about 60mph with the windows down and t-tops out when i see the one thing that gets me going hid in the rear view.
to my luck it was a new m3 coupe passes me doing about 110 well thats how fast i had to go for a miunet to catch back up. looked stock but who knows the exhaust sounded like a 350z's. at 110 i was in 5th i could have went in to 4th but i dident. i got next to him and flooerd it and i herd him give chase 5th revs out but my shift light did not turn on. it comes on a 6100 so i shorted that gear and went in to 6th i had the spedo peged when he just crusis by. the one time that a lower gear is needed oh well i tried to get him to slow down but he didnt oh well

and a friends, friends srt4 about 5 cars from 90 i had to people including me he had 4 including him.

Quick Reply: Post your worst death(s)