Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Post your worst death(s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a few but the first one is the funniest i think, and by far the most humiliating, i was down at myrtle beach with the family a few years back, we took the suburban, i had a magnacharger, tune, CAI and catback on it. i was having trouble getting the meth injection running right, ended up i was dumping water into the engine and drowning it out. so we are on our way back home, its a 9 hour drive, and a little white rice mobile is up my tail, so i jump over and he starts his flyby, i had decided i was gonna stop him and let him hear my supercharger scream in his windows. well as soon as the boost hit, the injection started dumping water in and i was misfiring like crazy, and this riced out corrola S flew past me wagging his finger at me like "ah ah ah not so fast" damn that sucked, i pulled over and ripped the wires loose for the meth injection. i would rather have had high IAT's then lose to a corrolla S again
Old 03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

2 weekends ago, I was headed home at 2 a.m. The roads were completely soaked from the 5 hour raid we had. I pull up to a stoplight and this BMW 325i pulls up next to me. The 18 year old and passenger keep revving at me. He had this huge grin on his face and looked like he meant business. I tried to ignore him, knowing that I wouldn't be able to do anything on wet pavement. He proceeded to taunt me all the way until the next stoplight. It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore...so when the light turned green, I stomped it. My car spun and went completely sideways. He took off with his stock 325i with no problem or traction issues.

I'd like to think that he knows it would have been a different story if the roads were dry. I was pissed off for 2 days after that.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 PM

My worst death had to be against my buddy Kyle's Procharged 418 LSX Camaro. Boy did I think I was ready for that one. Turned out I wasn't.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Banned

raced an 08 shelby gt-500, from 20 roll. i was at his door when his buddy hung out the passanger side ans yelled go. so now im at his back bumper cuz i wasnt ready. then i accidentally left it in first cuz i was so baffled, so i bang off the limiter about 6 times. so now im a full car and a half back. take it thru second, at the end of second im 4 foot behind him then third im comin around and he lets off. i was soooooooo pissed. i coulda stomped him. those would have been some kickass braggin rights. its actually my buddys-moms-67year old boyfriends car who works for ford, he lets him take it out whenever he wants. so i will get another chance
Old 03-26-2009, 07:50 AM

^Mild bolt-on 2001 WS6 vs a GT500 and you were pulling on him? Someone can't drive for ****.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok...so about 4 years ago I had just sold my first f-body (91 Z28) and bought my 94 Vert. Of course I thought LT1's were king and hated the LS1 cars, cause all the guys around my town were throwing big stalls and exhaust on their cars and were acting like John Force. So anyway, I put a Comp 224/230 in my car, have the heads mildly ported, stall, gears, and couple other odds and ends and think I'm a bad ***. So I take the car to the local 1/8th mile track and run a couple of 7.8's. There were a few LS1's out there that were in the 7.7-8.0 range, so I thought I had a shot at taking down an LS1. So this silver '99 Formula stages beside me, and it looks bone stock...appears that the only thing done to it is exhaust, not even a lope coming from this thing...so I think I've got the race won before it ever starts. Anyway, lights go green and all I see is a pair of blacked out tail lights leave my ***. That damn car ran a 6.90 to my 7.80 and I feel like a total asshat. Turns out the car had a small cam, ported heads, LS6 intake, ported TB, 3600 Vig converter, suspension, LT headers with true duals, and a 125 shot of N20 (but he didn't spray in 1st), and factory 3.23 gears. It wound up being the first LS1 where I'm from in the 6's in the 1/8th (and stayed that way for a long time). That was the day I saw the light regarding LS1's and their awesomeness!

Now, funny end to the story...I tried like hell for the next few months to beat this car. I did everything to my LT1 I could, but he always seemed to get faster. SO, when the car came up for sale a little over 2 years ago I bought it...and it's now my pride and joy (although it's getting a new engine and rear end as I write this).

So, moral of the story: if you can't beat it, buy it!

Last edited by FormulaZR; 03-26-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was turning onto a service drive to get on 696 in Royal Oak. In front of me is a blazer, next to him is a brand new Mustang GT and behind the GT is a C6Z, and the driver is dressed out in some pinstripe power suit. Both right lanes can turn right onto the service drive. The blazer in front of me goes straight so im like "**** it" I floored it around the mustang, sideways. The mustang didnt do anything, but i look back in my rear view mirror and the ZO6 is getting sideways trying to get traction. When i hit the onramp i was doing 90 and the Z flew around me, had to be 120+. I pulled up next to him on the expressay (which was packed of course) and he gave me a smile. Then i pulled in behind him, and when traffic opened up, he nailed it at 70 and he was just gone. I just realized my place and maintained 70. lol
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Cruising down I10 between Phoenix and Casa Grand..T tops off, bone stock. Line up next to a single turbo supra, I think T67. Guess the outcome.....
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2001ws6-500hp
raced an 08 shelby gt-500, from 20 roll. i was at his door when his buddy hung out the passanger side ans yelled go. so now im at his back bumper cuz i wasnt ready. then i accidentally left it in first cuz i was so baffled, so i bang off the limiter about 6 times. so now im a full car and a half back. take it thru second, at the end of second im 4 foot behind him then third im comin around and he lets off. i was soooooooo pissed. i coulda stomped him. those would have been some kickass braggin rights. its actually my buddys-moms-67year old boyfriends car who works for ford, he lets him take it out whenever he wants. so i will get another chance
Maybe you should change your hadle to "2001ws6-290HP" for a while...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Worse death would have to be against a guy in a Supra.. His name was either Robert or Roger (other Mississippi members probably know who i'm talking about) who had a Supra with V8Killa on the tag. We were coming down I55 North here in Jackson and even and he told me to take the hit @ about 50mph. Even with the Turbo lag of his car and me getting the hit he was 10-12 cars out by 100mph. My first thought after that was "I've got to get Supra one day.

About two weeks later me and Mach 1 and a guy in an SS names Shawn (other Mississippi member probably know who I'm talking about) line up on I55 South doing about 20mph just as we pass Hooters we all go and it was only a race between me and the Mach 1. The SS shot out like our two Mustangs were spectators to God's engine the LS1. I was dumbfounded at how a car that didn't sound all that spectacular just raped us like we had no arms and legs to defend ourselves. I didn't feel as bad when sometime later he raped a C6Z06 from a dig. I had respect for LS1 cars but after that I knew I had to learn more about them and someday own one. My friend beat me to it when he bought a 00 T/A.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Don't get offended. The GT500 is an absolute embarrassment. I took one of those from a dig when my Cobra was bone-stock.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Launching!

i raced a newer tiberon that i new i would beat, i ended up getting pulled over by a cop
Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

never in a trans am.... in my other car though
Pretty embarrassing since its my 1st actual death...
i have lost to an 08 mercedes at the time when i had my maxima with a bad knock sensor lol... we went from a roll of 30, i was in 2nd gear i jumped on him and all of a sudden i hear a v8, and he puts many cars on me, at 60 i give up and shutdown... it was in the city...
Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFire04
Don't get offended. The GT500 is an absolute embarrassment. I took one of those from a dig when my Cobra was bone-stock.
couldn't drive
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedFire04
I'm still trying to figure out who's nuts you're swinging from but its definitely not Ford's. The GT500 should have trapped 3-4 mph higher than you, he couldn't drive very well.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

i raced an airplane before i ended up losing by miles!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Staging Lane

In my V6 Camaro I got spanked by a Viper GTS, he gave me the jump and just blew past by and had me by atleast 15+car lengths and pulling hard. My guess is he had full exhaust and intake but exhaust non the less.

The second one I was driving on a country road and I got over taken by a Diablo VT and I was already driving fast as ****. He dusted my *** as if I was going slow.

The third asskicking contested of a GSXR 600, 1000 and the mighty 1300, Yeah I knew I didn't stand up to any of them but I still had fun non the less.

Then the most recent was a Bullit Mustang that kept reving his engine at me so I decided to run him and he had me by around 4cars total.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got smacked around in my bolt on 99 Z28 by an early 90's chevy truck. Bright red, reg cab, short box, very loud with a big cam lope. We punched it at a 20mph roll, he put 4 car lengths on me by 80mph. He was running a wicked 572ci BBC/TH400 combo with 4.10's. He also had nitrous, but didn't spray me. Said it ran 10's on the bottle, crazy thing was it was very clean, but looked bone stock, he even kept the factory steel rally wheels, had them widened in the back for slicks.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
^Mild bolt-on 2001 WS6 vs a GT500 and you were pulling on him? Someone can't drive for ****.
sure the gt500 is a screamin car but wht good does a 500+ hp mustang do if it cant keep the wheels planted. its gotta run lower rpms then gets pulled on, for your info these cars run 12.9 with a proffesional driver. aint no super car. so yea i was pullin on him.............
Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
we cant have goals these days smart ***? people like u that make me wanna puke

Quick Reply: Post your worst death(s)