Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Post your worst death(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Post your worst death(s)

We have some pretty powerful cars, making sport of those puny cars on the road, but there are times we bite off a bit more than we can chew. Post your worst deaths!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure if this counts.....

i was entering the highway on the on-ramp and in front of me was a orange z28 (not sure the year, it was 4th gen tho and possibly an SS)

and once the road opened up i started to speed up and go around to the left lane around the Z, tho there was traffic up ahead... the z28 perfectly sped up and got in front of me right before we hit traffic... i wasn't really gunning it or anything, but he powered right in front of mine to get in front of me quick. and it happened so smoothly, i was like damn.....

once the road opened i went into the lane next to him and rode side to side, revved a bit at him, but couldn't get him to run.

this was the only time ive felt belittled so far
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

I hadn't had my car very long and was just out looking for something to do. I see (or rather hear first) this black fox-body 'vert. I pull up to the guy and we rev at each other. He has the top down and his wife with him, so I figured he was out doing the same thing I was, so I knew he would be down. We clowned around a little because there was too much trafic to do anything but the road we were on opened up to a rather vacant Highway (especially at night). So we make our way out to the highway. We did one run from about a 45 roll and I got walked pretty hard. He pulled off before I could ask him anything, so I have no idea what his setup was. But then it turns out he moves just two houses down from my best friend. So I go over there to talk to the guy but he is gone??? My buddy said he was an airforce guy and had already moved. (we have a base hear in town and the flyboys are always coming and going-and they have some of the nicest rides also)
Old 08-27-2006, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Well I have 2 stories to tell

First: Early march of this year i was coming home late one night on rte24. Its a three lane highway on each side, and at 1 or 2 in the morning is great to try to find a race. So iam cruising at about 65 or so and iam approaching my exit, and then i notice a lt1 camaro go by me. So i decided to go for it. Now this thing looked stock as a rock, maybe lowered a little but other wise stock. Or so I thought. I dowshifted at 50mph into second and bye the time I got back on the gas he had about a 1/8th mile between us. I was like WTF? just happend. I tried to catch up but he was gone in a hearbeat.

Second: About 2 years ago, probably 3 months after I got my car, me and my buddie were out cruising. I had my car, and he had is nitrous fed Maxima. I will give his car credit its pretty quick. So were on 95 headed north, when all of a sudden a 95 to 98 style maxima comes up next to me. Now my car was still stock at the time, but i figured he wouldnt be a problem. Well I figured wrong. He downshifts and all i can hear is his blowoff valve let loose. I am thinking great now what did i get my self into. That thing took off and so did I. At about 130mph he was again about 1/8 mile or more. And my buddie with his maxima couldnt catch him either, and he was spraying too. Guess I bit off more than I could chew.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several very bad deaths. 2 times from a dig against Dennis "whplash" I sat and spun while he launched. I couldn't even make it close in the run down. Another time was the dig race against Fadi, I spun hard again, and watched him hook decently.

I need to slip the clutch better and get some soft/sticky tires and a lot of practice. Always seems like my driving skills go to **** when the pressure is on. I can slip the clutch pretty smooth when I am just ripping around town and hitting it off the line, but line me up against a heavy hitter and my launch seems to be like Popeye without his Spinach. LOL
Old 08-27-2006, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Lost by less than a carlength to my friend's 02 heads/cammed 440 rwhp vette, lost by a carlength to another friend's cammed 420 rwhp vette, and when I was stock I lost by a carlength to an 02 Viper GTS (this guy must have been the worst driver in the world).
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I decided to mess around with an intake/exhaust FRC at oneof the car meets. Now, I now I have a pretty weak LS1, and he was probably lighter even though the 2 guys inside had an east 100 lbs on me and my brother. But I couldn't prepare myself for what was about to happen.

We hit it at 25 and He spun the tires then just took off like a raped ape. I stayed into it thought, like a man should. And by 120 he had at least a grey hound and a half... maybe 2.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Every time I race my friend's 03' Cobra (503rwhp) just for *****, I reexperience the worst death of my life. I don't know of any random terrible deaths on the street, I have dealt some though.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

one phrase, "800hp supra on c-16". Oh yeah the thing trapped 138mph at PALMDALE. That was fun. The ****** thing looked like it was a god damned rocket and i was at the launch pad watching. It was all in fun though, just to see how fast it really was as he was running low 12's. HAHA.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

60 something Chevelle Had 396 badges, but who knows really. It was over before it started. I was behind him, and we both made a right hand turn, he was creeping when I swung out and hammered it. I got to about his door when he got into it and he very quickly put about 2-3 cars on me in no time. Still have nightmares about that one
Old 08-27-2006, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
one phrase, "800hp supra on c-16". Oh yeah the thing trapped 138mph at PALMDALE. That was fun. The ****** thing looked like it was a god damned rocket and i was at the launch pad watching. It was all in fun though, just to see how fast it really was as he was running low 12's. HAHA.
oh yeah forgot about my "run" with my friends Supra. That was real stupid on my part. He went by me sideways like I wasn't moving.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Teching In

i was passenger in my friends Lt1 trans am when my friend rev'd what he thought was a Gt. little did he kno he was ****** with a 03' Cobra lol... (couldnt tell tho cuz it was night) so of course the cobra wantd to race and the passenger took out the camera ... well they gave my friend the jump and still blew the damm doors off the T/a........Nightmare!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my cobra races dont turn out too pretty i got 2 nice *** whoopins.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

I lost to a honda civic (mods 01 SS M6, Cutout, 160*, FTRA, SFC's, Harlem Shift Light) by a quarter panel that was the worst death.

My favorite death occured a couple nights ago same mods.
1969 Camaro blue with white stripes and a Michigan plate. From a stop I shut it down at 90 and he was a couple of buslenghts ahead of me. I tried to catch up for a shoot the **** session and drool over the car but traffic got thick and I lost him. Beat the **** outta me only way I could tell to shift was my shift light I could't even hear my car becuase his was so loud.
-Nate
Old 08-27-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I only lost twice.
I raced a 480 rwhp 150 shot bolt on WS6 from 40-130. lost by about 5 cars.
I raced a 400 whp srt-4 and lost by one car to

however my worst death was when I was racing another SRT-4. I was ahead by one car and gaining when I heard a loud clack from under the hood. I pulled over and white smoke was pouring out. I had spun a rod bearing
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A few years ago in the staging lanes I was behind a silver Buick T-Type with tinted windows and factory wheels...I could tell he was running DRs, and I thought I could make out a roll bar/cage thru the back window, but it could be seat belts, right? Haha...Anyway, we line up with me in the left lane and him in the right...I tree the crap out of him and don't even see him...at first...then all of a sudden this silver jet flies by me and kicks my *** with a 10.30 something at 135ish...

When we get back to the pits I said that he had one hell of a run, but I said that I chopped down the tree on him..He tells me that his buddy was trying to get a good picture of a launch and I was in his way...so he let me go!!!!!hahahaha...I felt like such an ***...It was one hell of a sleeper...

--Alan
Old 08-27-2006, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I also forgot to mention a run in with a friend of mines 650rwhp supra. I downshifted and hit the spray, he just rolled on the gas, turbo spooled and he was gone. Sounded freakin mean.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In my Cobra, I got beat by a ferrari 360 modena on the highway...with my girl in the car. Mother ******.

And I was in the same car, and I got walked from a dig by a VT diablo. Mother ******. it was purple too.

I make it a point now, to walk them all....and loose very little, if ever.

As much pride as I have....you have to at some point, realize that there is simply someone faster, somewhere. Sometimes you gotta loose, to make more forward progress..... like adding more power....

My last two cars....no losses.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

In my 98 Z, I only lost once on the highway after I pulled this 99/01 Cobra Vert the first run and then he sprayed me on the second run and left me in the dust. I haven't had many races in my 98 yet though.

Back in the day when I had a 86 Z28 w/ a cammed 355 and 2.73's , we ran a foxbody 5.0 3 times. Beat him twice from a roll pretty bad but the third race was from a stop and he sprayed and flew off but almost lost control of his car in the process.

When I had my 88 Iroc TPI 5.7 w/ a catback, I was cruising around with a friend of mine who weighed in at about 350lbs. I saw a modded LS1 T/A and kinda messed with him a little and he left me like I was standing still. That was probably my worst death ever.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

This goes way back to my '70 GTO all stock. I'm at a light when this AC Cobra 289 HiPo pull next to me with a gray haired guy driving. Now I've never seen an AC cobra before, and this one was fresh out of the body shop with a new paint job and no badges. I thought what the hell and threw a rev at him. He reved back, the light turned green and I took off like a bat out of hell. He just sat at the light for a while and let me get through first gear before I see his headlights move. The next thing I see are his taillights in the distance. After that, the Goat wasn't stock anymore...

Quick Reply: Post your worst death(s)