Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

KILL LAST NIGHT!!! BUILT 350's WATCH OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default KILL LAST NIGHT!!! BUILT 350's WATCH OUT!

well last night my car club and i went out to the local meet to see what was going down for the night well i was supposed to run this 92 TA, full build 350 with blue print and balanced motor with a 509 cam with camel hup heads and also a five speed!! well didnt run before cuz he belt kept falling off and well he kept asking my friend if i was gonna show cuz i was at my boys house in another county well i ended up showing up later on with my team and well everyone took off to the street we race on and i caught up with him on the highway and we gased each other!! then instead of turning to go meet with everyone else we went straight and we went for it! at first we couldnt line up right he wanted to go a lil higher mph then i did but we ended up lining up at around 20-25 he gave me the go sign to do the honking so i down shifted my car and i couldnt hear my car at all i can just here this screaming *** full built motor against my 98 z with lid/free mods/cutout/flowmaster/shift kit and i did the honks and damn we were side by side for 1st & 2nd and he started to kinda pull on me a lil like a lil less then a fender and he shifted into 3rd before me and once my car shifted my shift kit just threw me forward like a car and i stayed in third til bout 115-125 and i lead off and i looked in my rear mirror and i was about a 1 to 2 cars in front of him!! it was some **** cuz one of my boys in the club has a 99 ss with the same mods as me but he has gear and stall and they race but my boy did down shift and that ta beat up by three cars and well we went to meet up with everyone and he was all pissed off and his three brothers were like he cars is not timed right and it slacking but it crazy cuz before i got there he told everyone that he car was running good and that no street car could touch him!! and i gave him his beating and it some **** cuz he called me out after he beat my friend and he was talking down on me that i aint got a chance oh him and **** like that and look what happened!! so san antonio texans watch out ls1s are taking over!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

from what I could understand that sounded like a real good kill.
But for a longer story please space it out more.....gets hard to read you know.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my bad bro i just woke up and i was supposed to put this in last night but i got home bout 7
Old 09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a shitty "fully" built 350

good kill
Old 09-04-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i saw the spec sheet and he spend bout a lil over 4 grand
Old 09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

He needed a 3/4 race cam with those Humper heads; everyone knows that!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

No disrespect, but I feel sorry for that guy with the '92 TA fully built 350...getting beat by a low 13 sec LS1.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually, sounds about right given the heads and cam of the SBC....good kill. Hard to make old school engines fast by todays standards. Low 13's in a heavy F-body with a 350 is decent (street car, not one set up for drag racing).

SDB
Old 09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

yeah i mean an old school flat tappet with those heads was probably lucky to make 350 at the flywheel in that FULLY built 350.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Dude.... From now on, treat the period like a hot, drunk ex-girlfriend. Use it. Often.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DSRCAM
well last night my car club and i went out to the local meet to see what was going down for the night well i was supposed to run this 92 TA, full build 350 with blue print and balanced motor with a 509 cam with camel hup heads and also a five speed!! well didnt run before cuz he belt kept falling off and well he kept asking my friend if i was gonna show cuz i was at my boys house in another county well i ended up showing up later on with my team and well everyone took off to the street we race on and i caught up with him on the highway and we gased each other!! then instead of turning to go meet with everyone else we went straight and we went for it! at first we couldnt line up right he wanted to go a lil higher mph then i did but we ended up lining up at around 20-25 he gave me the go sign to do the honking so i down shifted my car and i couldnt hear my car at all i can just here this screaming *** full built motor against my 98 z with lid/free mods/cutout/flowmaster/shift kit and i did the honks and damn we were side by side for 1st & 2nd and he started to kinda pull on me a lil like a lil less then a fender and he shifted into 3rd before me and once my car shifted my shift kit just threw me forward like a car and i stayed in third til bout 115-125 and i lead off and i looked in my rear mirror and i was about a 1 to 2 cars in front of him!! it was some **** cuz one of my boys in the club has a 99 ss with the same mods as me but he has gear and stall and they race but my boy did down shift and that ta beat up by three cars and well we went to meet up with everyone and he was all pissed off and his three brothers were like he cars is not timed right and it slacking but it crazy cuz before i got there he told everyone that he car was running good and that no street car could touch him!! and i gave him his beating and it some **** cuz he called me out after he beat my friend and he was talking down on me that i aint got a chance oh him and **** like that and look what happened!! so san antonio texans watch out ls1s are taking over!!!
So who is all on your team? You guys sound like u got some pretty fast cars I will be in tha san an area dec sometime in the first week end. I ll bring my team down and we could hange out. I dont know the san an area at all just looking to get out of killeen for some fun.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

i love how everyone responds with the lift on their cam when you ask..."what cam?" it's sad that an aftermarket "performance cam" for a run of the mill sbc has .509 lift...as that is what our stock turds have for lift.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tCTech
Dude.... From now on, treat the period like a hot, drunk ex-girlfriend. Use it. Often.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Teching In

I owned a 86 Z28 when i was 17 2 years ago with a "little run of the mill .525 lift cam (306* adv. dur), a 850 dbl pumper holley carb,with a little 3000 hughes stall and canfield 2.08 in./1.60 ex. alum heads on a +.30 over 400 sbc.Full Hooker Comp headers with a foot of pipe and bullets turned down underneath.Didnt have any diffrent suspension just 4.10's some mt et drags that i drove around town,and a th350 that dad built with tci parts and transgo shiftkit,with me wet in it weighing at 3020 lbs. Not to flame the ls1 because i will be owning one in a few days hopefully..anyways..that car would completly annihilate them by like.a semi and trailer length..it wasnt even a race..dont under estimate a "small cammed" carburated 350-400 cu sbc.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:19 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car your describing is an entirely different animal than the pos that was described by the poster. You had a stripped down/gutted (to get to 3000 lbs) race car on slicks with aluminum heads and 400 cubes. What did it run in the 1/4? I would guess 12.80 or so.

SDB
Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Never got it there =\ Stopped running 114 smell good and started using 93 and broke a piston and spit it out the oil pan =\. Easy mid 12's..=) I would keep up with a bike 30-120..they would get a suprised look..
Old 09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Oh boy, now we're raggin' on old school SBC's. EFI RULES!!! Yeah!!

Please, it's 10x easier to get a carb'd 350 to run than an LS1. Those that are hating just don't have a clue.

From the description of the 3rd gen in the above mentioned race, that's a "mild" 350 if I've ever heard of one. Double Humpers are a stock cast head. It would be comparable to putting stock LS6 heads on a LS1, you're not going to see a big improvement like you would with a nice set of AFR's or the like. Without knowing the full specs on the cam one cannot say with complete accuracy exactly how aggressive it is, but going on the lift alone and judging by the outcome of the race it sounds like a "baby cam".

I would bet my left nut that the "fully built" 350 consisted of something simular to this- stock 350 short block, stock DH heads, small cam, dual plane intake, and a 6-700cfm carb. Hardly the makings of a "built" SBC or a decent performer for that matter.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Dual Plane Intakes Super Victor all the way
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Car clubs are for homos...

His car is just a poorly put together small block, wait till you mess around with a Old school junk box thats been built right.

Last edited by slick1851; 09-05-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds like terribly set up sbc
why the hell would any one have a "fully built" sbc and run ported camel hump heads thats just absurd!!!! and plain dumb
doesnt that guy know about DART Iron Eagles, even if he's low budget