Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

gave a modded RSX-S a head start.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Why do people automatically look at the bad rice? The civics and crap. Why not look at the best looking cars ever made, the FD RX-7, the MKIV Supra, etc. For some reason bandit automatically thinks that all imports are ****, including the reall nice ones. Idiots...

Also, 1 out of 100... Haha, all of the old Japanese turbo cars run 13's stock. Damn thats slow.
Now, LSINA7, not starting anything, but just how many old japanese cars run stock 13's?
later NSX runs like 13.6-13.8
NSX-T is mid low 13's
Type R integra was like low 14s
preludes at best were low 14
s2k is low 14 car
g35 is 14
miata best is like low 15
TurboII 7 is mid to high 14s
FD3s ONCE got in high 13s, most stockers are 14's
rx8 14.5 and up
gst and gsx eclipses were 15s
vr4 just barely broke into 13s (13.8-13.9 range)
300ZXTT also high 13s low 14s
I believe one of the 350z versions cracked 13s, most are 14s
now the soobies have gotten there, stis can get as low as 13.0 ('06 per MT)
mister2's didnt get close in any version
most of the TTsupras were mid 13s stock

While this is all good, most of these are still "newer" Japanese cars. 510's FB's, FC's Ae86's etc didnt do 13's sorry. I was a die hard import and rotard for YEARS. After riding around all the time in my buddys 30th TA vert, I was sold on V8s. I still like the look of the 7 though. My current goal is to find a GSL-SE and stuff a 383 in it.

Devon
Old 09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, 1 out of 100... Haha, all of the old Japanese turbo cars run 13's stock. Damn thats slow.
Originally Posted by 87turbo2
Now, LSINA7, not starting anything, but just how many old japanese cars run stock 13's?
later NSX runs like 13.6-13.8
NSX-T is mid low 13's
Type R integra was like low 14s
preludes at best were low 14
s2k is low 14 car
g35 is 14
miata best is like low 15
TurboII 7 is mid to high 14s
FD3s ONCE got in high 13s, most stockers are 14's
rx8 14.5 and up
gst and gsx eclipses were 15s
vr4 just barely broke into 13s (13.8-13.9 range)
300ZXTT also high 13s low 14s
I believe one of the 350z versions cracked 13s, most are 14s
now the soobies have gotten there, stis can get as low as 13.0 ('06 per MT)
mister2's didnt get close in any version
most of the TTsupras were mid 13s stock

While this is all good, most of these are still "newer" Japanese cars. 510's FB's, FC's Ae86's etc didnt do 13's sorry. I was a die hard import and rotard for YEARS. After riding around all the time in my buddys 30th TA vert, I was sold on V8s. I still like the look of the 7 though. My current goal is to find a GSL-SE and stuff a 383 in it.

Devon
C'mon man... read.

Older Japanese Turbo cars....
Nissan Skyline
Mazda RX-7 TT
Toyots Supra TT
Nissan 300ZX TT
3000GT TT
MR2 T
Acura NSX (Not really a turbo car but competed in the same era.)

All ran 13's stock.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sparetire
RX8s and several other cars would look a lot better if they did not come with lame Altezza lights stock. I dont know WTF that was, but for a few model years that was the hot thing to do. The Altima was the worst.

Personally I think a RX8 in Dark grey without clear tail suckiness would look OK.

Oh lord dont start me on the altezza's...the first thing almost all my evo buddies did was smoke their altezzas or ripped the things out...I just dont see the point of them as I think they are hideous! But as for the rx-8's I just dont like the whole doors suicide doors kinda thing and how a lot of them come with those tail light gaurds and such...it just takes away fromt he clean lines of the car and makes it look funny...I like the old rx-7's because they had clean body lines without so much clutter on them unlike the rx-8's. JMO though.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

C'mon man... read.

Older Japanese Turbo cars....
Nissan Skyline
Mazda RX-7 TT
Toyots Supra TT
Nissan 300ZX TT
3000GT TT
MR2 T
Acura NSX (Not really a turbo car but competed in the same era.)

All ran 13's stock.
I was trying to be more inclusive of other "fast" imports from Japan. man I know you have some V8 cars now, but you are always ready to stand up for all imports it seems like. I man everytime a thread about a slow import or something comes up, you rush in to defend it. Now I admit, the cars you listed are good. But you have to agree, they make up maybe 1% of the imports. 99% of the imports are civics, integras, various mazdas ans mitsu's. They are slow (save for the EVO's and a few rare others). SO I believe the earlier statement to be true about slow imports as a rule. Stock for stock old us stuff has been better.
Buick GN ran high 13's in the 80's stock
so did the GNX
The LT1 was pretty comparible to those "fast" japanese cars
As was some Turbo Dodge stuff
Ford always did OK
Point is more than 1% of the domestics could have been considered fast.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
I'd like to see some proof of this, thats a ridiculous number for a 2.0 N/A 4 cylinder. Not to mention the torque number is probably less than half of that
I have a magazine (SCC) with a 312 whp K20, made like 220 ft. lbs. It might have been a k24 block with a k20 head. I think Skunk 2's car has went 9.80's with this exact motor in there gutted Civic hatch.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

I have a magazine (SCC) with a 312 whp K20, made like 220 ft. lbs. It might have been a k24 block with a k20 head. I think Skunk 2's car has went 9.80's with this exact motor in there gutted Civic hatch.
Whats the point though...thats my question.

I'm going to put a Hayabusa motor on a shopping car and run 5's. Then I can be like all the ricer with their "gutted hatchs". Its like they are proud of the fact that their vehicle has been reduced to nothing but a chassis and is no longer even recognizeable as a driveable vehicle.

Like I've said before - its about having a nice looking, nice sounding, streetable and respectable car and making it faster from there.

A piece of ****, no matter how fast, is still a piece of ****.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Whats the point though...thats my question.

I'm going to put a Hayabusa motor on a shopping car and run 5's. Then I can be like all the ricer with their "gutted hatchs". Its like they are proud of the fact that their vehicle has been reduced to nothing but a chassis and is no longer even recognizeable as a driveable vehicle.

Like I've said before - its about having a nice looking, nice sounding, streetable and respectable car and making it faster from there.

A piece of ****, no matter how fast, is still a piece of ****.
Not your cup of tea? Fine. But who the hell are you to make fun of someone and call their car a piece of **** even if it is an old Honda that was made slow? If they are trying to make it fast, thats them. They should get respect for making a little over 300 whp and running 9's in a FWD all motor 2.4 L. Also, your POS's aren't everyone else's. Maybe not popular to your belief, but some people do like Honda's, and their looks and sound. Why do you have to just be an *** about it?

BTW, when did you get your name back?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i find 312 all motor in a 4cyl. a little suspect, even if its in some magazine...i dont always believe what i read...ie.the new gt500 at 9psi supposedly runs a 13.1?hmm sooo my car with bolt ons would beat fords newest cobra?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

I would beleive it. The new MM & FF has a roush stage 3 vs a stock c6. The c6 handed the stang its butt in every category. I heard the new gt500 will be pushing 3800-4000lbs so thats not going to help. The magazine actually took a stock 05 GT mustang and it ran a better 1/4 than the s/c one after a few mods (CAI, i think some gears) they did at the track.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

I don't understand how f-body owners can call a car like a RSX-S a "piece of ****."

I used to have an Integra GSR (basically the RSX-S before the RSX-S), and while my Camaro is MUCH quicker, handles better, and IMO is better-looking, the build quality of the Acura was quite a step up from an f-body. The interior was much nicer, the paint held up better, and the car just felt tighter and more solid. I can definitely see the reason to call most hondas "slow"--they are, but for the most part I think an f-body has a higher "piece of ****" factor. I think that we are all just willing to put up with it becuase they are so fast for how much they cost (at least I am).
Old 09-13-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RynoDyno312
The interior was much nicer, the paint held up better, and the car just felt tighter and more solid.
That's your own personal opinion and will not be tolerated nor taken into account.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Teching In

well I'll start by saying I'm a diehard GM guy. but you're leaving a ton of japanese imports out that were quite quick and looked good to boot. Now as it stands the newer imports have caught up both on the streets and at the track. They're releasing a monster Skyline in the US soon and the Supra is coming back faster as well. We have our civic equivalent in the domestic world as well. It's the Fox Body and to a lesser degree the TPI. Also a few cars you named off as slow, the RX8 and the 350z, out handle almost every other car on the road. They're built for the downhill. And the Evo's and STI's that seem to give us so much trouble aren't even meant for drag racing. They're rally cars. Truth is most domestic V8 sports cars are engineered to go fast in a straight line, while the import sports cars aren't, they shine in other forms of racing, So it's not even like comparing apples and oranges. It's more like comparing apples to squid.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdm1234
That's your own personal opinion and will not be tolerated nor taken into account.
I've been in plenty of older Hondas, and I'd say the build quality is about average. Nothing chinzy, nothing spectacular though either - its no Audi by any means.

I'd say F-bodies are just below average for build quality. My car has no creaks or rattles, but some of the interior plastics are pretty cheap and the body panel gaps aren't exactly stellar. However, thats almost expected when you have a combination of plastic fenders, fiberglass hood, urethane bumpers, and metal quarterpanels
Old 09-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sdm1234
You really think the f-bodies are built as well as Acura's, and have a nicer (meaning better materials and fit/finish) interior?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RynoDyno312
You really think the f-bodies are built as well as Acura's, and have a nicer (meaning better materials and fit/finish) interior?
That is completely irrelevant to this forum. Keep it street racing related
or this is getting locked. Too much around here lately.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^i dont know how my thread went from me blowing out a rsx....to talking about acuras being built better then fbodys?!......couple comments though

1. its not about a rsx getting hated on for being a import.....its when its made to be something its not, that it turns into garbage
2. like i said i dont believe pretty much anything i read....read a second mag. the other day, when they compared the vette to the gt500...this time the gt500 somehow ran a 12.9, when i just read the day before it ran a 13.1...so theres either a discrepency or the drivers are really different...i just dont see how someone can make a blown 500 hp car and not be running at least low 12s
3. i was out riding with some guys last night (1 TT 99 camaro, 1 single T ws6 )both cars look very stock, but there a little more aggresive then me with there cars, anyways, we caught 2 SI's, and one type R heading out to the beach....needless to say the type R wanted some of the TT, i dont think he could tell it was boosted, but it was the front car of our three.....lets just say it wasnt a race, one car WENT and one car TRIED to go, but the two teenagers in the si next to me about flipped a lid when they what happened....pretty much a "ooo **** " factor
Old 09-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
That is completely irrelevant to this forum. Keep it street racing related
or this is getting locked. Too much around here lately.
Sorry.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

"Best looking cars in the world" should never be applied to ugly Supras and ugly RX-7s rofl
Old 09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
"Best looking cars in the world" should never be applied to ugly Supras and ugly RX-7s rofl
Says the man with a LT1 Camaro.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

The plot thikenz... I myself think there is lack of knowlegde of the purpose of these cars. Imports (Japanese style race cars) are for Time Trials. Run their little asses around the track for 15 - 20 laps and see who gets the shortest time. Very little adrenaline felt while doing this **** all day.

Domestics (American racing style cars) are mainly built for 1/4 mile straight line racing. Who can get to the finished line first, ***** to the wall racing. Adrenaline shooting out of every pore in your body. You shake like an eathquake when you begin, and shake even harder when you finish win or loose from the rush. HP and TQ actually means something in our racing. I'll stick with the adrenaline rush myself...