Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

One crazy night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default One crazy night!!!

so this is saturday night, im 17 and have a 2000 WS6 with a few bolt ons, nothing huge, anyways it is homecoming night for a few schools in our area, and of course a lot of people are driving mommy and daddy's nice cars, so i thought i would go out hunting for a few races once the dances got over and everyone was out....wow i was right, talk about your pick of races, i took down one 06 stang GT, a fast mercedes of some kind, and a riced out honda. There were MANY more cars i tried to race but most of the guys around town know my car so they didnt go for it. My favorite race was one that i didnt even try to start. I was at a stop light and this black eclipse with a million stickers on it rolls up next to me and revved a little. I just sort of laughed and did nothing, well he must not have liked the little laugh because once we got going at about 40 he floors it to about 80 to get in front of me, i waited until he braked and then went to catch up, he got right in the middle of the two lanes so i couldnt pass him, finally i got next to him doin about 80 and he guns it again, so naturally i let him have it this time, i hit the brakes at about 115 and i must have put 10 cars on him. after that i turned off and never saw him again...................until i was goin back the other way and see lights up ahead- a couple local squad cars had him pulled over, i laughed and then realized that they might try to get me so i got the hell outta there
fun night sry bout all the writing
Old 09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow sounds like good time man.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet kill! watch yourself tho with the police. they can be pretty stealthy at times lol. u may want to invest in a radar detector, if u don't have one already. play safe!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kills tho Ya a radar is great and watch those triple digits on public streets. Geting busted doing 115 in 40 wont be to nice lol.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love those kind of nights. Very fun!! but just keep you eyes open.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wldesyWS6
so this is saturday night, im 17 and have a 2000 WS6 with a few bolt ons, nothing huge, anyways it is homecoming night for a few schools in our area, and of course a lot of people are driving mommy and daddy's nice cars, so i thought i would go out hunting for a few races once the dances got over and everyone was out
Not trying to be a dick..but at 17 you are one of those people out driving mommy and daddy's nice car.. (I am sure you have a full time job and pay for your car yourself... doesn't remove the stereotype. )

Cheers
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ummm well i jus turned 18 a few days ago and i have had my car for about 6 or 7 months and i paid for mine.... nice kills though
Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

gotta love stereotypes, i bought my first ws6 at 18... good kills man be careful out there
Old 09-25-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Not trying to be a dick..but at 17 you are one of those people out driving mommy and daddy's nice car.. (I am sure you have a full time job and pay for your car yourself... doesn't remove the stereotype. )

Cheers

OUCH!! lol,.....

Well,.I dunno about the mommy and dady crack. I'll admit,.ALOT of kids age 16-18 who drive Roushes, Saleens, Cobras, WS.6s, SSs, Firehawks and on and on didn't buy those all on their own. And Trust Funds don't count guys. I'm talking about money that you actually earned,...penny by penny. And don't lie. An 18 year old kid has zero credit so you'd need a co sighn from someone who does. And who usually does that,.....mommy, dady or a dumb enough uncle.

I bought my first Muscle car all on my own for 3K. But it wasn't new. It was a 68 Firebird that I REALLY invested alot of time and money into.(actually,..26K and two and a half years or more to be exact).
Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
An 18 year old kid has zero credit so you'd need a co sighn from someone who does. And who usually does that,.....mommy, dady or a dumb enough uncle.
i bought and signed for my ram-air..... u just got to know what your doing with your credit at a early age.. estabilish it with small loans right when you turn 18(400-500) pay them right back off then before you know it you can get a $10,000 car no problem
Old 09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

my car isnt wasnt terribly expensive.. its just insurance i was more referring to the mommy and daddys nice cars as in those who roll the 40k $ Hemi 300 Cs, Lexus's and Benz......
Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

"isnt wasnt" = i cant type lol
Old 09-26-2006, 06:00 AM
TECH Junkie

who cares , it doesnt matter if mommy and daddy bought their kids nice cars or not , where I live alot of people do that , it just makes it that more fun when you blow their doors off with your p.o.s. (not referring to anyones car)
Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Wasn't trying to rile people up....at 18 I got help getting a 8,000.00 car.... I payed it off in 8 months. At 19 I bought my Z28 with no help and had a 330.00 car payment and 360.00 a month insurance payment.. I got a lot of crap from people saying it was my parents car, etc... I just skipped college and landed a computer job out of highschool that payed decent. At 18 there was no way I could have bought my car without help... 17? Even busting *** working at Wendys I couldn't cover the payment...FORGET about the insurance.

My point was sometimes you look down on others and don't realize other people are looking at you the same way.

peace
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Good kills
+1 for radar detector

How many times do we have to discuss the young kid with nice car bullshit? Some people's parents planned financially from the time thier kid was born and worked hard to let thier kid have things they never had growing up. So what? That is great for them! I am tired of people whining b/c their parents didn't buy them a car when they were younger. We have rich people and we have not so rich people, get over it. My parents bought my car and pay some of my insurance...I hate taking hand outs and I do everything I can to help pay for my ****. But being a full time student it is hard to make a lot of money. My parents used good financial planning and hard work to afford the things we have. How is that bad?