Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 WS6 M6 vrs 2005 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't know you were referring to a stock GT. But again how do you know any car is stock for that matter? I'd like to see a stock for stock ls1 and the new GT. FWIW my wifes a4 went 13.68@101 completely stock w/ her driving. To be honest, she is in the 12's with less mods than what it took me when I broke into the 12's. But in this thread I'd think w/ equal drivers WS6 will win each time. Has just a better power to weight ratio. -Mark
Old 10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did all of this arguing get started? WOW, I didn't plan on this to happen.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
If the argument has been about power, then the edge goes to the LS1(cubes). My argument is and has been that we can run with ya. Stock 3:55's help a lot. If you're racing the 06's and 07's 3:55's are an option. Are you racing the guys without them? I dunno.

We're gonna keep repeating the "my car is better than your car debate"(my dad can beat up your dad) until we're blue in the face. The only thing to do is to race. We can't though. I've raced LS1's like many of you have raced Stangs.
what are you talking about? the argument here is quarter mile times. your car is NOT faster than an LS1. people with mustangs are actually REGISTERING just to comment because you're such an ***. that's a good indicator that somewhere on some forum, someone has linked to this page and EVERYONE is making fun of you. if you truly beat an LS1 at the track, that means they either seriously messed up their launch and went sideways and had to recover or they missed a shift. and i like the way you posted above about an evo owner saying a camaro is slow. LS1 camaros beat evo VIII's and lower stock for stock and run dead even with the evo IX's if an LS1 camaro is slow, so is an evo. tell your friend i personally said he is retarded and has no idea what he's talking about. then again, morons tend to hang out together i guess that explains a thing or two about you.

come down to south jersey. PM me when you get here. i'll personally be glad to show you all 6 digits of my license plate.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
It would be a waste of gas for him to race a 05+ GT that is stock or close to it. Im sure he knows there are Stangs out there that can beat him
bay area.. i respect stangs and was looking for a 5.0 at the time i found my SS. my brother has a 520rwhp 331 stroked 93 cobra. yeah i know theres PLENTY of stangs that would rape me
Old 10-03-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
bay area.. i respect stangs and was looking for a 5.0 at the time i found my SS. my brother has a 520rwhp 331 stroked 93 cobra. yeah i know theres PLENTY of stangs that would rape me
Yea i know what you mean. I know some guys with some very fast 5.0's and i respect stangs as well.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

If you are from California, ill race you.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
If you are from California, ill race you.
I think he lives in colorado. (denver)
Old 10-03-2006, 09:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Didn't know you were referring to a stock GT. But again how do you know any car is stock for that matter? I'd like to see a stock for stock ls1 and the new GT. FWIW my wifes a4 went 13.68@101 completely stock w/ her driving. To be honest, she is in the 12's with less mods than what it took me when I broke into the 12's. But in this thread I'd think w/ equal drivers WS6 will win each time. Has just a better power to weight ratio. -Mark
I agree with Bitemark and most of the other posters here. LS1 motors have outstanding heads from the factory and it shows. I'm an experienced drag racer and car entusiasts. I've been impressed with most of the folks on this site and decided to join as a result. I'm a newb

However, this thread has revealed some ignorance (no offense that's an accurate word) about S197 mustangs and high altitude as it affects N/A engines. I'm sure most here understand that an engine is nothing more than an air pump...high altitude = thinner/less air. less air = less fuel which = less horsepower. F/I helps a bunch in high altitudes. I hope everyone keeps an open mind here and recognizes facts when presented.

A stock S197 3V can make 300whp with a tune. 13:1 IS an acceptable A/F ratio. 3:55 gears help put an S197 into LS1 territory, but given equal drivers the STOCK LS1 has an advantage. Still a driver's race. Tires would make a BIG difference.

Begin modding and all that has been said goes out the window.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
agreed! not too many stock ls1s these days... OR SO IT SEEMS
Old 10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
I don't care who you've raced. LS1's are seriously overratted. You will be a thing of the past when the Boss 302 comes back. It's coming to compete with the new camaro. It's going to be a 5.0 or 5.4. It's going to be rated at 390, probably de-tuned like the S197's. Then we can see what's up between Ford and Chevy because the cubes will be closer. I know I can run with the Mach, but I like Mach's because it runs with LS1's and it's a 4.6 as well.
Hahaha, you're a homo..
Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I agree with Bitemark and most of the other posters here. LS1 motors have outstanding heads from the factory and it shows. I'm an experienced drag racer and car entusiasts. I've been impressed with most of the folks on this site and decided to join as a result. I'm a newb

However, this thread has revealed some ignorance (no offense that's an accurate word) about S197 mustangs and high altitude as it affects N/A engines. I'm sure most here understand that an engine is nothing more than an air pump...high altitude = thinner/less air. less air = less fuel which = less horsepower. F/I helps a bunch in high altitudes. I hope everyone keeps an open mind here and recognizes facts when presented.

A stock S197 3V can make 300whp with a tune. 13:1 IS an acceptable A/F ratio. 3:55 gears help put an S197 into LS1 territory, but given equal drivers the STOCK LS1 has an advantage. Still a driver's race. Tires would make a BIG difference.

I agree with everything you said.......except the 300RWHP with only a tune. BUt you still get an A - 98%......good job.

(just messin with ya)