2000 WS6 M6 vrs 2005 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
True True True.

It is entertaining for a while though.
Your right!! i was very entertained last night! Best thread i've read in a while. I like watching people make themselves look like an ***.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why are Mustangs even posting on here anyway? lol. they don't have LT or LS based motors...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to apologize from 98% of the mustang owners out there.... this guys an idiot. A good amount of 05+ owners have their head up their ***'es when it comes to performance vehicles. Most of them have never owned or even driven anything else with more than the blazing 300bhp.

LS1 > 3v heavy mustang.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by czwalga00gt
I'd like to apologize from 98% of the mustang owners out there.... this guys an idiot. A good amount of 05+ owners have their head up their ***'es when it comes to performance vehicles. Most of them have never owned or even driven anything else with more than the blazing 300bhp.

LS1 > 3v heavy mustang.
apology accepted lol. i remember when i had nothing but my '78 TA, 2 years ago, and i thought it was one of the fastest things out there. well, it's still faster than these new mustang GT's, but after i got my '97 WS6, i was amazed how slow the '78 became. come people just don't know what fast really is, until they step it up a notch. then, they realize there are always faster things out there, and what you have may be considered breakfast to some people... take it from me... i did the same thing back in the day lol.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by czwalga00gt

LS1 > 3v heavy mustang.
glad somebody has it straight. i don't like the new mustangs at all. they even ruined the sound of them. i don't know why, but the new GT's sound awful

that being said, we're not hating on mustangs here. nearly everyone on LS1tech will tell you a mustang sounds better than an f-body, and almost everyone on this site gives tons of respect to the '03-'04 cobras and will readily admit stock for stock, they'll **** all over an LS1 (of course, ford needed a blower to do it ). this is not a mustang bashing forum. what cracks us up is the average mustang driver thinks their 14 second car is the fastest thing on the highway. they are rude, cocky and think just because they have a loud V8, they have the right to run you off the road. then they come to an LS1 f-body and blindly call it a piece of ****, tell you they'll whoop your ***, then when you walk them by 5 car lengths in a 1/4 mile run, they get all pissed and won't even look you in the eye. no one here is saying mustangs are pieces of ****. no one is saying they're awful cars. they are simply one of the most affordable V8 sports cars out there and tend to attract a driver base of ignorant, cocky ******. no one here hates the mustang itself, we just pity the driver.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sdm1234
why are Mustangs even posting on here anyway? lol. they don't have LT or LS based motors...
Free country ain't it? There's no restriction as to who can post. In fact, there's a Mustang site that shares the server with us, soo....
Old 10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 203Cree
Free country ain't it? There's no restriction as to who can post. In fact, there's a Mustang site that shares the server with us, soo....
if there's a server strictly for them, they an freely use that one. i don't understand why mustang owners come on here, hijack our threads, argue, complain, and talk trash on our forum. it's one thing to come on here and be a fellow enthusiast along with all of us, but it's not acceptable to trash talk us, especially on our own turf.

i know everyone likes to joke around about f-bodies and mustangs and how we hate eachother and what-not, but in the end, who is the REAL enemy here? imports for sure... if there was a war on domestics vs imports, we all know Mustangs and F-Bodies will team up together in a heartbeat. we joke around on here and bash stangs. ha ha it's all in good fun. but when mustang owners come on here and get offended by these statements, it's just not cool to bash us back, but in a serious manner.

c'mon 203cree, u should know that.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
glad somebody has it straight. i don't like the new mustangs at all. they even ruined the sound of them. i don't know why, but the new GT's sound awful

I agree, mine sounds good though. Gotta love long tubes with a little whistle ontop.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

if there's a server strictly for them, they an freely use that one. i don't understand why mustang owners come on here, hijack our threads, argue, complain, and talk trash on our forum. it's one thing to come on here and be a fellow enthusiast along with all of us, but it's not acceptable to trash talk us, especially on our own turf.

i know everyone likes to joke around about f-bodies and mustangs and how we hate eachother and what-not, but in the end, who is the REAL enemy here? imports for sure... if there was a war on domestics vs imports, we all know Mustangs and F-Bodies will team up together in a heartbeat. we joke around on here and bash stangs. ha ha it's all in good fun. but when mustang owners come on here and get offended by these statements, it's just not cool to bash us back, but in a serious manner.

c'mon 203cree, u should know that.
These things I know, but you can't just make a blanket statement about ALL Mustang owners because of ONE toolbag. Most on this site are cool. In fact, I believe the mod for this section is a Cobra owner.

Continue to play as far as I'm concerned. This guy is making himself look bad. We all know what's really up.

And they do share a server with you and us (the truck guys).
Old 10-01-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

I am trying to figure out how this thread isn't locked yet.....over 100 post pretty much about nothing...anyway thebigthree is
Old 10-01-2006, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
Like I said, come on up here. Will see how much it doesn't matter.

DAMN..... Some people are persistent

QUIT talking trash.....STFU and run some of these people. ANYONE of us can talk ****. The only way to know for sure is to Line em up !!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 203Cree
These things I know, but you can't just make a blanket statement about ALL Mustang owners because of ONE toolbag. Most on this site are cool. In fact, I believe the mod for this section is a Cobra owner.
yes i understand that completely, and i apologize for making my statement sound worse than it was actually meant to be. i didn't mean it to sound like all mustang owners, in general. however, there have been quite a few on here lately that have gotten offended over our "joshing." most mustang owners that visit here are cool, and are here to learn/advise like the rest of us, but there has been a sudden rush of them lately that have been trash-talking. all i'm saying is these guys should keep their mouths shut and either grow up, or get out of the LT/LS forums. i don't go on the mustang forums and defend f-bodies, so i don't expect them to do that with us. if u want to defend your car, that's fine, but don't try and defend any one else's.

i guess the main point i'm trying to get across here is...

if you're going to say something, say something CONSTRUCTIVE.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW,LOOK WHAT I STARTED
Old 10-01-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is a fun thread.........this is a prime example of what sdm1234 said.....stang and fbod owners getting together to hate on a ricer. HAHA.

BTW - there are two N/A stangs that will hang with an Fbod. One will beat, the other is a very close race...well, in the 1/4 that is........00 Cobra R, and the Mach 1. The 99/01 Cobra ain't to shabby either.........BUT, I get your point.

And I dont' defend or argue on here. If I see someone mis-informed about a mustang (GM owner or not), I try to clarify. The last thing I want, is to have a bunch of mis-informed people runnign around spoutin' off crap...like the Bigthree is doing. I also am here to learn more about LT/LS cars...so it is a 'vice versa' kind of a thing.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Resident

yes i understand that completely, and i apologize for making my statement sound worse than it was actually meant to be. i didn't mean it to sound like all mustang owners, in general. however, there have been quite a few on here lately that have gotten offended over our "joshing." most mustang owners that visit here are cool, and are here to learn/advise like the rest of us, but there has been a sudden rush of them lately that have been trash-talking. all i'm saying is these guys should keep their mouths shut and either grow up, or get out of the LT/LS forums. i don't go on the mustang forums and defend f-bodies, so i don't expect them to do that with us. if u want to defend your car, that's fine, but don't try and defend any one else's.

i guess the main point i'm trying to get across here is...

if you're going to say something, say something CONSTRUCTIVE.
just remember, the mod for this forum drives a mustang
Old 10-01-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
F-body-$15,000, Mods-$2000, LS1tech membership-$0, Thebigthree making an *** of himself for an entire 24 hours-PRICELESS!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 AM
Teching In

As another 05 GT owner I'd like to say a few things.

1. 05 GT's come no where close to 300rwhp with a tune only. You'll be lucky to get 270rwhp with a tune only. They most certainly are not "detuned" like the terminators are.

2. NO WAY will a stock 05 GT or even your "modded" GT beat a stock LS1. It's just not happening.

For the record I know A LOT when it comes to the s197's. I've spent a lot of time under the hood of mine and I know what it can and cannot do.

My mods:

K&N intake
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Magnapack mufflers
Centerforce dual friction clutch
NX Wet kit spraying 100 shot
Plus I have lowered it and done some suspension work

makes 290rwhp/301rwtq off the spray and 386rwhp/432rwtq on the 100 shot

I've never run it on the current NX set up but it should run anywhere from 11.8-12.2
Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bullitt995

1. 05 GT's come no where close to 300rwhp with a tune only. You'll be lucky to get 270rwhp with a tune only. They most certainly are not "detuned" like the terminators are.

2. NO WAY will a stock 05 GT or even your "modded" GT beat a stock LS1. It's just not happening.

For the record I know A LOT when it comes to the s197's. I've spent a lot of time under the hood of mine and I know what it can and cannot do.

My mods:

K&N intake
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Magnapack mufflers

I've never run it on the current NX set up but it should run anywhere from 11.8-12.2
You are a real stang owner unlike the other guy.....everything you posted is the truth. Unlike thebigthree you actually have mods.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Banned

Ahhhh, my friends..... I had a few laughs myself today when I mentioned some of your statements at work today. The most common comments were that you guys have no idea at all what you are talking about concerning high altitude racing. My partner with the Evo said Camaros were slow and that my car stock could run with it. He was basing that on a run he made on the highway with one. I don't agree that they are slow. I do think I could run with one in the 1/4 stock, but not on the highway. They particularly enjoyed the LT1 running twelves with some bolt ons at 5800ft.

It would be a blast watching many of you when you first got your track slips after running over a mile high.

Last edited by TheBigthree; 10-02-2006 at 04:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bullitt995

My mods:

K&N intake
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Magnapack mufflers

Are you basing this on your experiences? If you've tried and cannot, i'm sorry, but I already have done it. So has one of my friends. It's not at all impossible. An LS1 is a mid to low 13 second car with occasional 12's. It's within reach. To say that it's impossible or in your words "not happening" is actually kinda funny because you sound as if you believe the LS1 runs a full second faster than the Stang. Have a lil courage man and line em up.