Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2000 WS6 M6 vrs 2005 stang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006 | 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Old 10-01-2006 | 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponygt65
S197s have 3.55s in the M5s. In A4s the S197s have the 3.31 gear.
For some reason I thought it was 3,31s in the 5spd, thanks...
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
Or bring yourself to Denver, You'd be in the 15's with that timeslip up here. LOL
Your up in Denver, Colorado. I know a guy that will run you w/ a 5.7L GTO. Let me know if you are willing to run him. Maybe we can get it on video for this site.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
There's another call out I think that makes three. Lets see myself, sidewayz28 and now even a fellow Ford owner. Sounds like you have managed to line up three races to confim you theories about how fast your car is. Hell I have a hardtime getting three real races in a month you did in less thatn 24 hours. Good job!! Now come out and play or stay on the porch and talk. I would also bet that if you beat any of us we would gladly post up that your car is a killer Stang and we would all shut up. But I promise you it will take more that a 14.7 to get with any of us at any altitude.
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fastkars.com
For some reason I thought it was 3,31s in the 5spd, thanks...
No problem man.
Old 10-01-2006 | 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

4.10 and a tune..and a 14 sec. timeslip, and u think u can smoke every car..lol.. yur gay dude..never post on this site again..
Old 10-01-2006 | 02:53 PM
Banned

Like I said before, if any of you are in Denver, and go to Bandimere speedway, Pm me and let me know what you think you will run and I'll bet you a good 500 dollars that you'll be at least, And I do mean at least 1.2 seconds slower than you expect. By the way, I beat the LS1 with my tune only. I haven't been up there to get my best time with my 4.10's. Sea level boyz...(chuckle). The funny thing after reading some of the posts is this. Some of you said I was cocky and that I think the S197's are touched by God and cannot be beaten. Anyone that has read through these posts should know that's not true. The Irony is this...... If you would read the average post of an LS1 owner, you would see who actually believes their car is touched by God, so to speak.Pot/kettle, anyone?
Like I said before, you guys are like ricers on this forum.
I have a guy I work with that owns a 2002 SS with some serious work done on it and he bought an 06 Stang after driving mine. He's really the one that sort of put the idea in my head, that the LS1 and S197 would be a good race. He only believes the LS1 would win on highway races, which I agree, based on what I hear. On the strip, Stock Vs Stock, it's a drivers race about 90% of the time. You don't find many Stock LS1's nowadays, but when I have, they are certainly not what you guys are saying they are. When you mod them, they are insane. Stock, they are not normally 12 second cars. You guyz are full of it.
I've seen the LS1 in action. I've driven a 98 Camaro. They are fast, but can be beaten. This is what pisses you off.

Here's some more Irony for ya. I tell of my LS1 kills and you say not to base my facts on any races, yet you tell me of you smoking S197's by 4 to 5 car lengths in the next sentence or post.
LOLOL, you guys are clowns.

Last edited by TheBigthree; 10-01-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:05 PM

Man Bigthree....you make friends fast. I must say you are confident, thats good.

You guys realize that probably 50% of the guys on here are Ford A N D Chevy fans?? Some guys have gone LS1's to Cobras and will swap again. I love them both but I love reading these emotional posts that much more. How much time would the altitude affect your runs and trap? Just curious?
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Like I said before, if any of you are in Denver, and go to Bandimere speedway, Pm me and let me know what you think you will run and I'll bet you a good 500 dollars that you'll be at least, And I do mean at least 1.2 seconds slower than you expect. By the way, I beat the LS1 with my tune only. I haven't been up there to get my best time with my 4.10's. Sea level boyz...(chuckle).
The original post was reference stock v stock....and the guy is in Leon Iowa according to his avatar......not Phoenix, Cali, Texas, France, Germany, Antarctica, etc. Lets get back to the subject, which I agree we went onto a tangient when you posted the "supergay" smiley...... Either way, your altitude stuff doesn't matter unless the two cars are racing each other via video conference like one in the Sahara desert and the other in the Amazon jungle....
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Man Bigthree....you make friends fast. I must say you are confident, thats good.

You guys realize that probably 50% of the guys on here are Ford A N D Chevy fans?? Some guys have gone LS1's to Cobras and will swap again. I love them both but I love reading these emotional posts that much more. How much time would the altitude affect your runs and trap? Just curious?
Well, this is an LS1 forum, so your not going to get many who will stand up for another car. I'm just bold like that. Anyway, I've heard some serious variations as to how much being over a mile high would affect numbers. The altitude calculators say one thing, but the people at the track say another. In the mountains, you usually have winds, most of the time, headwinds. If you run 12.9 at sea level. You would at least be 14.1 here. With a headwind, that time could easily be slower. I don't know about the trap, but from what I understand, if you hit 100mph at Bandimere in a stock car, you're doing good. I believe guys have done it, but they usually have aftermarket tires, or something other than stock. Most guys in the GTO's are running high 14's to very low 15's because they seem to be hard to launch. One guy said he ran a 13.8 or something in a bone stock 05 GTO. It's possible, but not likely.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93ChevExt5.7
The original post was reference stock v stock....and the guy is in Leon Iowa according to his avatar......not Phoenix, Cali, Texas, France, Germany, Antarctica, etc. Lets get back to the subject, which I agree we went onto a tangient when you posted the "supergay" smiley...... Either way, your altitude stuff doesn't matter unless the two cars are racing each other via video conference like one in the Sahara desert and the other in the Amazon jungle....
Like I said, come on up here. Will see how much it doesn't matter.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Like I said, come on up here. Will see how much it doesn't matter.
And like I said, let's get back to the original subject or do you have some other problem like a learning disability besides all the other junk wrong with you...
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow! This feud is still going on?? I thoght you guys would eventually just ignore this loser.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes you are totally correct we ARE ricers. That's why our time slips come from putting huge wings on our cars and 6 inch exhaust tips on our cat backs. I can tell you for a fact that most if not all f-body owners will tell they have been beaten by a Ford but it was running a HELL of a lot faster than a 14.7. REGARDLESS of what altitude they are at. I now know what your motto is. I'M SOFA KING WE TODD IT. Go to a forum where a 14.7 is a respectable number like maybe Jerry Springer will do a show for guys that have slow cars. Maybe Martha Stewart could give you some driving tips while you two are knitting a seatcover.
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

i think im going to go hunting for some new stangs tonight
Old 10-01-2006 | 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
i think im going to go hunting for some new stangs tonight
No dont....if they're stock or close to it you'll waste your gas
Old 10-01-2006 | 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

...Go to a forum where a 14.7 is a respectable number like maybe Jerry Springer will do a show for guys that have slow cars. Maybe Martha Stewart could give you some driving tips while you two are knitting a seatcover.
This thread would have been an entire waste if it weren't for these lines.
Old 10-01-2006 | 05:07 PM
Tech Resident

TheBigthree, why do you keep speaking of altitude? BONE STOCK f-bodies are faster than bone stock new GT's. so why does altitude make a difference? your car, bone stock, is NOT faster than an LS1 f-body no matter what altitude you are at. if you win, they must have started in 3rd gear. no N/A mustang ever created has ever been faster than an LS1 f-body. and as for you saying earlier LS1's are overrated, you should be educated they were UNDERRATED ~40 horsepower from GM. our overrated LS1 cars are pushing 50 more horsepower than your mustang, not to mention we're more aerodynamic than your cardboard box on wheels. as for weight, we won't even have to bring that up.

my 2.73 geared formula - the slowest LS1 f-body you can get - still ran a 13.6 with nothing but a corsa catback, on ice cold street tires i didn't even heat up because they were new, and on heavy *** 17" aluminum corvette ZO6 wheels that guaranteed added a few tenths to my time...and this was on a warm summer's night. it doesn't matter what altitude we are at, our cars are faster than your car.
Old 10-01-2006 | 06:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
TheBigthree, why do you keep speaking of altitude? BONE STOCK f-bodies are faster than bone stock new GT's. so why does altitude make a difference? your car, bone stock, is NOT faster than an LS1 f-body no matter what altitude you are at. if you win, they must have started in 3rd gear. no N/A mustang ever created has ever been faster than an LS1 f-body. and as for you saying earlier LS1's are overrated, you should be educated they were UNDERRATED ~40 horsepower from GM. our overrated LS1 cars are pushing 50 more horsepower than your mustang, not to mention we're more aerodynamic than your cardboard box on wheels. as for weight, we won't even have to bring that up.

my 2.73 geared formula - the slowest LS1 f-body you can get - still ran a 13.6 with nothing but a corsa catback, on ice cold street tires i didn't even heat up because they were new, and on heavy *** 17" aluminum corvette ZO6 wheels that guaranteed added a few tenths to my time...and this was on a warm summer's night. it doesn't matter what altitude we are at, our cars are faster than your car.
Thanks for trying to inform this guy......
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

The suspense of wondering what thebigthree's response will be is killing me. So many have tried to explain and failed I think this one will turn out the same.
Yea theres no getting through to this guy. Very hard headed. It was a good attempt by Choco.