Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My SS vs Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:24 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some dude with a supercharged one and supposedly nitrous wants to race me for money. i figure i will kick his *** even if i miss a few gears
Old 10-10-2006, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was a cobalt! you will not get a nice kill from me today for that one.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

the supercharged ones have that big gay *** spoiler, non supercharged have a normal spoiler.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
the supercharged ones have that big gay *** spoiler, non supercharged have a normal spoiler.
The one i raced had the big *** spoiler.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mike c.
it was a cobalt! you will not get a nice kill from me today for that one.
I dont care about you saying good kill. But everyone knows the Cobalt can be made fast. You cant underestimate them. Just like people were underestimating the SRT-4's and now people are getting their *** handed to them.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I dont care about you saying good kill. But everyone knows the Cobalt can be made fast. You cant underestimate them. Just like people were underestimating the SRT-4's and now people are getting their *** handed to them.
it's ok i like being the underdog. the look on people's face when they hear my supercharger is priceless.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01z
some dude with a supercharged one and supposedly nitrous wants to race me for money. i figure i will kick his *** even if i miss a few gears
If you missed a few gears i gaurentee you a stock cobalt would hand you your ***.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree where do you live we should test and try.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
If you missed a few gears i gaurentee you a stock cobalt would hand you your ***.
not rly.....i took one at the track by a city block.

I ran 13.7

he ran 15.0
Old 10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
01z
TECH Regular

i still havnt seen a fast one. maybe im not looking hard enough
Old 10-10-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSJon
not rly.....i took one at the track by a city block.

I ran 13.7

he ran 15.0
try launching a front wheel drive supercharged car then get back to me.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not saying im fast but i hang with my buddy with all the bolt ons besides a ls6 intake . He usally puts 3 to 4 cars on me.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If any of you guys are out the michigan way tell me id love to see were im at compared to slightly modded ls1's.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:21 PM
01z
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
i hang with my buddy with all the bolt ons besides a ls6 intake . He usally puts 3 to 4 cars on me.

i guess thats hanging
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep for a car most ls1's put "trains" on i say i do pretty well.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

I know a guy that has a pretty quick one. I think his is a mid 13 second car. Thats not to bad! If you want see a fast Cobalt you should watch Nopi Tunervison. They have a fast *** cobalt on there that is running in the single digits.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Good Job.

Last edited by reocamaro; 10-10-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Post deleted because I was way too bitter towards Cobalts.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Good Job.
Obviously the comparison is to just show how they both are underestimated by Ls1 drivers. Why dont they compare to each other? (they both run 14's stock)
Oh....it looks like you edited your post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well...my close friend here at work,...has been involved pretty hardcore in building a saturn ION,..similar to the eaton 2.0 SS. I can tell you this,...the car has had the blower pullied smaller then you could imagine,...then a TURBO CHARGER ADDED WITH THE BLOWER(at that time, there was no tuning software available at that time)....ran for a while.....removed the turbo....ported the blower nasty...did ALOT of little tricks they'd shoot me for mentioning....full exhust, severl times, several kinds, always custom made.....added nitrous.....then just removed the blower completely......and are now, all turbo power.

You'd never know it had any of the above mentioned mods...at anytime, except for now, as the sound of the car, mocks an SRT 4(kinda dieselish)...and the sound of a turbocharger, is unmistakable.

I can tell you this,..you doubters, or you haters in your mildly altered F-bodies, or possibly vettes.....would get your **** pushed in by this little ******.

Keep doubting...like you all did, including myself with the srt's(i've never been beaten by one but i've raced some REALLY fast ones...)...and you watch how bad you MIGHT just get beat.

Watch for up and coming video's of this little GM wonder. Soon,...we'll be going with a bigger turbo....and a bottom end. I keep telling them to hurry, as I would like to see something front wheel drive, something GM, come out and walk all the srt's in the area. Hopefully, soon.

So, yes, these front wheel drive freaks are rare to find now but,.....i'm sure that won't last forever. It seems like every srt 4 I run accross now, has more then 350 wheel horsepower, which is more then enough to beat a 400 wheel horsepower F-body.
That goes for some vettes as well.

power to weight.

NOTE. My buddy, also at work, just finished his LT1, with home ported heads(nice job), some moderate camshaft,...some other bot-ons, stock exhaust.....and he barely beat a NOT SOO stock ION the other day. He told me that today,.....and he seemed really dissapointed when he was saying it.

All i'm saying is, assumption is a mother ******.....not all cobalts, not all srt-s, not all ions are slow.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Well...my close friend here at work,...has been involved pretty hardcore in building a saturn ION,..similar to the eaton 2.0 SS. I can tell you this,...the car has had the blower pullied smaller then you could imagine,...then a TURBO CHARGER ADDED WITH THE BLOWER(at that time, there was no tuning software available at that time)....ran for a while.....removed the turbo....ported the blower nasty...did ALOT of little tricks they'd shoot me for mentioning....full exhust, severl times, several kinds, always custom made.....added nitrous.....then just removed the blower completely......and are now, all turbo power.

You'd never know it had any of the above mentioned mods...at anytime, except for now, as the sound of the car, mocks an SRT 4(kinda dieselish)...and the sound of a turbocharger, is unmistakable.

I can tell you this,..you doubters, or you haters in your mildly altered F-bodies, or possibly vettes.....would get your **** pushed in by this little ******.

Keep doubting...like you all did, including myself with the srt's(i've never been beaten by one but i've raced some REALLY fast ones...)...and you watch how bad you MIGHT just get beat.

Watch for up and coming video's of this little GM wonder. Soon,...we'll be going with a bigger turbo....and a bottom end. I keep telling them to hurry, as I would like to see something front wheel drive, something GM, come out and walk all the srt's in the area. Hopefully, soon.

So, yes, these front wheel drive freaks are rare to find now but,.....i'm sure that won't last forever. It seems like every srt 4 I run accross now, has more then 350 wheel horsepower, which is more then enough to beat a 400 wheel horsepower F-body.
That goes for some vettes as well.

power to weight.

NOTE. My buddy, also at work, just finished his LT1, with home ported heads(nice job), some moderate camshaft,...some other bot-ons, stock exhaust.....and he barely beat a NOT SOO stock ION the other day. He told me that today,.....and he seemed really dissapointed when he was saying it.

All i'm saying is, assumption is a mother ******.....not all cobalts, not all srt-s, not all ions are slow.
Thats exactly what i was trying to say but you know there are some people on this site that think there is no way their ls1 can lose to a 4 banger....no matter what mods they have.