Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on Camaro SS vs. SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok guys but i may have $1500 in mods to the engine MAYBE. and im prob running high 11s on the 100 shot. i really dunno though never taken it to the track. i just know i ran a stage2 and handed him his as with 2 cars at end of low. and i didnt even spray all i had was some DR's LOL. poor lil car.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
Then maybe these guys should start posting up slips and vids. If any of these numerous 10 second SRT-4's have a slip faster then the 10.7 I linked they would then have the fastest SRT-4. At least the fastest that has come forward and produced a slip on srtsyndicate.

I'm not making fun of FWD. I am however making fun of them looking like Neons

I have seen a pickup truck that looks like it was from Sanford & Sons run a 9 second quarter mile. I have seen a mid seventies station wagon run in the 9's as well. You can make any car fast with time, knowledge and a whole lotta money. But when the fastest LS1 based F-body is in the 6's it gets a little difficult for me to be impressed by a FWD SRT-4 that takes everything they got to get into the 10's.

That's just my opinion.

Dude you are looking at it the wrong way. You have an 8 cylinder rwd pretty much made for drag racing and you still have to spend 10s of thousands of dollars to get it as fast as you are talking. A street driven 10 sec 4 cylinder is pretty impressive to me. I didnt have that much money in my SRT4 and it would have roasted alot of cars on the highway that were pretty modded. It did as a matter of fact beat a heads and cam T/A that dynoed 420 rwhp on the highway and I was on pump gas.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Dude you are looking at it the wrong way. You have an 8 cylinder rwd pretty much made for drag racing and you still have to spend 10s of thousands of dollars to get it as fast as you are talking. A street driven 10 sec 4 cylinder is pretty impressive to me. I didnt have that much money in my SRT4 and it would have roasted alot of cars on the highway that were pretty modded. It did as a matter of fact beat a heads and cam T/A that dynoed 420 rwhp on the highway and I was on pump gas.
I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to view personal opinion

It takes money to go fast in a LS1 but so what? My current project is going to cost me about 15-17K. But when I'm done I'll be 10's N/A, 9's on the spray and relatively street friendly. To say well I can spend X amount to get Y fast is a ricer argument IMO. If I wanted to be cheap as possible I would mod a Civic or 5.0 Mustang. But looks were also important to me and I liked the TA's/Formulas. When I am done I'll have a perfectly streetable car capable of 9's. This is something the SRT-4 is yet to do.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to view personal opinion

It takes money to go fast in a LS1 but so what? My current project is going to cost me about 15-17K. But when I'm done I'll be 10's N/A, 9's on the spray and relatively street friendly. To say well I can spend X amount to get Y fast is a ricer argument IMO. If I wanted to be cheap as possible I would mod a Civic or 5.0 Mustang. But looks were also important to me and I liked the TA's/Formulas. When I am done I'll have a perfectly streetable car capable of 9's. This is something the SRT-4 is yet to do.

Ok you are pretty much being ridiculous IMO about going out of your way to make fun of SRT4s. You dont have to like them nor do you have to own one but you are just being an ******* about it for no reason. Like I said my SRT4 would have handed you your *** and it was all bolt on no nitrous stock motored. Now before you go off again about how ugly it is and blah blah blah look at my sig, Ive seen both sides of the arguement. I liked both cars for two totally different reasons. My SRT4 was WAAAAY more streetable than my Camaro and would whip *** when needed. Nothing like getting 25+ mpg in the city and making 400 whp at the same time.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Ok you are pretty much being ridiculous IMO about going out of your way to make fun of SRT4s.
How is that? Because I said they look like Neons? Compare the headlights and maybe you'll see a resemblance. Because I said FWD sucks for drag racing? That's common knowledge. Because I pointed out that the quickest one is running a 10.7? I don't see any of that as making fun of SRT-4's. I see it as reasons why I wouldn't personally own or mod one.

You dont have to like them nor do you have to own one but you are just being an ******* about it for no reason.
Not at all. I merely made a few observations which are all based on facts. They do look like Neons, they are FWD and the fastest one is 10.7 (that I am aware of anyway).

Like I said my SRT4 would have handed you your *** and it was all bolt on no nitrous stock motored.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda but it didn't. I am 3 and 0 vs SRT-4's at NYIRP. And by mid summer my project should be complete and I'll be faster then the fastest SRT-4. But there will always be some station wagon, ugly pickup or import that can wax me. Does any of that really matter? No.

Now before you go off again about how ugly it is and blah blah blah look at my sig, Ive seen both sides of the arguement. I liked both cars for two totally different reasons. My SRT4 was WAAAAY more streetable than my Camaro and would whip *** when needed. Nothing like getting 25+ mpg in the city and making 400 whp at the same time.
I've seen your sig (not like anyone could miss it). I'm glad you like your STR-4 and I say that with no sarcasm. But just because your ls1 isn't what you called "streetable" does not mean that others can not put out a lot of power while still being streetable to that particular owner.

Nothing like winning and that's what 500+ rwhp LS1's tend to do. And do it quite well.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

I've spent a lot of time at srtforums warstories (back when it existed) so I know all about the SRT-4's that trap 120-130. But the thing is those cars seem to only exist on the internet. Every one I raced at NYIRP runs mid 13's or slower

Skittles. Taste the rainbow

Good kill.

No not making fun of anything here are you there.

You win dude. As for my sig you can kiss my ***. When you have asa much time money and effort into something like that you tend to be a little proud of it. Maybe after you get your **** done you will understand, which you probably never will get done. Im sure you're just like most of the internet people who have big dreams but small wallets. Later....
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are you guys even arguing....everyone has their own tastes and preferences, their is nothing wrong with that. Move on. ANd your right about the part with the wallets. example= me

p.s. now its my turn to get bashed
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Finite1
i have no idea of the stages.

but I killed one the other night. I saw him come onto the freeway off the ramp and i somehow knew hed track me down. he had "187" on his windows.. like maybe he was a track car or some ****.

he kept pulling fly bys on me.. and i was like wtf.. i did the same ****.. until i got up next to him and he saw me brake and he got next to me.

from like an 80 rolll to about 110, i put like half a car on him... but we hit traffic.. i rolled down and was like "your quick!"... dumbass couldn't hear me or some ****..

i'd have LOVED to run him from a dig or lower speed rolls... my feathering is good.. heh.

good kill.
I have yet to race an SRT4, but unless that thing has warp speed on it Im not sure how good of a chance it would have
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastest94v6
why are you guys even arguing....everyone has their own tastes and preferences, their is nothing wrong with that. Move on. ANd your right about the part with the wallets. example= me

p.s. now its my turn to get bashed
Your a lollypop licking ******. Feel better?

Just kidding man
Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

No not making fun of anything here are you there.
Nope. Just having a little fun

You win dude.
I usually do

As for my sig you can kiss my ***. When you have asa much time money and effort into something like that you tend to be a little proud of it.
You were so proud that you sold it and used 2 sad faced smilies

Maybe after you get your **** done you will understand, which you probably never will get done. Im sure you're just like most of the internet people who have big dreams but small wallets.
If you want you can call Mike @ New Era Performance. Ask him about Darrens 99 Formula project. Then ask him if his Colbolt SS ever hit that 13.4

Sorry Mike, I couldn't resist.

Later....
You have yourself a nice day.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
I have yet to race an SRT4, but unless that thing has warp speed on it Im not sure how good of a chance it would have
933 rwhp DAMN. Beam me to the the finish line Scottie! Although I'll probably still lose
Old 10-12-2006, 07:57 AM
uno
On The Tree

and in the end, this srt4 still lost.......
Old 10-12-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Agreed.

My wife has an 05 SRT-4 that I only have a few mods, and if you are a good driver and can slip the clutch a bit you can get them off the line decent but let me tell ya, from a roll them little fockers pull NICE. SHe does want a GTO though for the lowend TQ.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam

rofl.

AZ reppin!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I local srt 4 not sure what mods but expect swapped out turbo or possibly some spray was running 12.2 at 113/114 this last season. On drag slicks.I wanted to find out mods but he wasn't around in the pits. We are 1700 feet or so up here.

Buddies 430 rwhp 99 SS heads/cam/headers/bolt on could only make 11.99 this year at 117mph with not sure what tires possibly nittos. Another wild cam/headers lsi was doing 12.39 at 114 also on nittos.

So have seen one fast srt4. On street tires though hard to hook them up off the line for sure and they can wheel hop bad without some mods to stop that.I did test drive one and it was pretty neat. I prefer my dsms for looks though.

My dsm is currently my fastest car.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

As previously stated there are alot of srt-4s in the 10s now... With slips to back it up.. Nothing new really. Srts are nice quick cars and for 5 grand for the stage 3 you can have a 11 second car.. Not bad at all... To bad they are FWD its the only reason i got rid of mine... Stock for Stock i could hang with LS1s til about 60 mph.. from a 20 roll But anyway good kill
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I local srt 4 not sure what mods but expect swapped out turbo or possibly some spray was running 12.2 at 113/114 this last season. On drag slicks.I wanted to find out mods but he wasn't around in the pits. We are 1700 feet or so up here.

Buddies 430 rwhp 99 SS heads/cam/headers/bolt on could only make 11.99 this year at 117mph with not sure what tires possibly nittos. Another wild cam/headers lsi was doing 12.39 at 114 also on nittos.

So have seen one fast srt4. On street tires though hard to hook them up off the line for sure and they can wheel hop bad without some mods to stop that.I did test drive one and it was pretty neat. I prefer my dsms for looks though.

My dsm is currently my fastest car.
You are either drunk, stoned or the kid who always fell asleep in english class

Those times all seem slow for the traps. I'm at 900 feet and I hit 12.4's @ 108. And that's with all stock internals and ls1 intake manifold
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

You are either drunk, stoned or the kid who always fell asleep in english class

Those times all seem slow for the traps. I'm at 900 feet and I hit 12.4's @ 108. And that's with all stock internals and ls1 intake manifold
your in a A4.. Your traps are going to be low.. a M6 will run at like 111 or 112 @ 12.4. I run 103 @ 13.540
Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
your in a A4.. Your traps are going to be low.. a M6 will run at like 111 or 112 @ 12.4. I run 103 @ 13.540
True. But 117 is still a tad high for 11.99 even in a M6. But he might be pulling a bad 60' or perhaps he's just not the fastest shifter (assuming the SS is a M6).
Old 10-25-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

If they are on a DR or going from a roll watch out, those lil things are beast