Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z 15psi vs 06 viper VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cam+spray is all a LS1 needs to wack most cars

We raced a LS1 with my freinds supra, Bolton LS1 with a Slick and spraying alot at it

We took it by barly a car, geuss how much money is into the supra=to much
and the LS1= Not alot at all pennies
Old 10-14-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
I'm not gonna say if a strong h/c ls1 will or will not beat said 350z, but remember the z06 vs 350 thread that just got locked? The 350 had more hp, but the z's torque and power under the curve trampled the import. The same would apply to a h/c ls1 I would think. JMO
Yes and right before it got locked someone shed some more light on the mystery, that car went 12's at the strip with all it's power...abviously something wasn't right with that setup, people were replying who owned 350z's that ran faster with much less power.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slick1851
Cam+spray is all a LS1 needs to wack most cars

We raced a LS1 with my freinds supra, Bolton LS1 with a Slick and spraying alot at it

We took it by barly a car, geuss how much money is into the supra=to much
and the LS1= Not alot at all pennies

I'm sure your right, these car's love the jug, damn I can't wait to get my hands on an ls1 next season, lol. But there's a big difference in cost and maintanance with a forced induction system where you don't have to keep paying to refill the bottle after 50-60 seconds it's used. Not saying nitrous is a cheater mod or anything, i actually don't think it is I mean w/e works, but just trying to be realistic if we're talking about the money aspect of getting a car to stay healthy at 600+whp, it all add's up fast.

Last edited by jimmy169; 10-14-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmy169
I'm sure your right, these car's love the jug, damn I can't wait to get my hands on an ls1 next season, lol. But there's a big difference in cost and maintanance with a forced induction system where you don't have to keep paying to refill the bottle after 50-60 seconds it's used. Not saying nitrous is a cheater mod or anything, i actually don't think it is I mean w/e works, but just trying to be realistic if we're talking about the money aspect of getting a car to stay healthy at 600+whp.

Finally someone with some sense.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 25psi
Finally someone with some sense.

I like backing up the underdog, lol, keep's thing's interesting
Old 10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont understand how people can actually think a 550rwhp 350z would get pulled on by a stock c6 Z06 with 100 less rwhp. But yet only manages 113mph traps.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

I love this excuse. Let's compare your mighty ls1, 600whp...how much is a turbo system or supercharger gonna cost you guy's alone, nevermind the clutch or tranny and drivetrain part's, and the internals and engine work and fuel you'll need to support that power. I've seen good forced induction system's run about 10k on your cars, and clutch's up to 3k. Don't kid yourself ls1's are expensive as hell to mod and the money add's up quick. Granted I would rather mod the ls1 than the 350z but this hobby cost money and you can get ls1's these days for 10-15k, you think people won't spent atleast twice as much as that modding them, come back to reality then, it add's up quick and I know a lot of people here are guilty of spending shitloads of money into their car, tell them they shoulda bought a viper.

And yes I agree, modding cars is the worst way to spend money, but oh well what are you gonna do, it's an addiction, but doesn't matter what car it is it'll all add up so don't kid yourself with this excuse. It will usually cost you almost as much if not almost twice as much as you got the car for, if not you probably have nothing to brag about cause your not breaking enough parts/not going fast enough.
There are other ways to make power out of LS1.

$1000 for nitrous kit with all the accessories.
$500 for spec stage 4 clutch
$500 tune

You could be making 500whp safely spraying 200 shot for $2000. Add a cam and bolt ons for with another $3000 and you're looking at 600whp on stock bottom end without any problems.

That's how I'd spend the money if I wanted a fast car
Old 10-14-2006, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

I only had a turbo kit at the time I ran Bitchboy sprayed1988. Stock exhaust,cats, at 7psi of boost and we were back and fourth the whole night. Ask him why did he have to take the passenger out of his car and put it in mine. Ask him why he refuses to run th deuce for money. Hes a ***** plain and simple. Tell him to run me for 500 in the next 3 weeks when my 350z is done. Bet you he wont.
HAHA, Ive been calling you out for months, you avoid it everytime I ask. I am not scared of you or your ******* car. We meet up and before the race you had NO excuses, nothing at all. In fact you were talking about how you were ready to test ur new plenum and blah blah blah. We meet up and run, you got a jump on me on almost all of the races then let off at 120 when my boat was about to come sailing past you. My EGT's are too high, waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. How about you bring that lame *** trash before you line up. I am willing and ready to run you ANYFUCKINGTIME you want, for bragging rights, ON VIDEO. My SS on the bottle from a 1st gear roll, no ******* excuses. I put my passenger in your car because I was at well over 4000 pounds with him in it, sad thing is even with him in your car you were the lighter car and still got beat.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats for people thats on a budget.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Power is power stop trying to turn things around
Old 10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
There are other ways to make power out of LS1.

$1000 for nitrous kit with all the accessories.
$500 for spec stage 4 clutch
$500 tune

You could be making 500whp safely spraying 200 shot for $2000. Add a cam and bolt ons for with another $3000 and you're looking at 600whp on stock bottom end without any problems.

That's how I'd spend the money if I wanted a fast car
I have to disagree about the safety aspect, it's really not a matter of if just a matter of when. I mean how long can the piston ringlands last on these car's with a 200shot?

But yeah I agree I'd prob do the same thing, lol. But then with 500whp you really have to consider traction and that's when a whole new world of money pits open's up, i mean how much can the stock rear take? Like I said it all add's up, for everything you do their's always gonna be a weak link you will have to consider doing next. As much as I agree with you to an extent, I have to keep it realistic, even when it come's to a mod as cheap as nitrous.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Budget, more like common sense, LS1's are high comp motors. They don't respond to boost as well as the bottle. Take 4.6L stangs on the other hand, this those 4V heads and low compression they are begging for boost. Sure you can take the time to build a low comp LS1 and a power adder but others decide to build high comp motors with the bottle.

Here is a good example of a cam/spray LS1, this is similar to how my car is gonna be.

http://www.projectcamaro.com/trmin8r
Old 10-14-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to disagree about the safety aspect, it's really not a matter of if just a matter of when. I mean how long can the piston ringlands last on these car's with a 200shot?

But yeah I agree I'd prob do the same thing, lol. But then with 500whp you really have to consider traction and that's when a whole new world of money pits open's up, i mean how much can the stock rear take? Like I said it all add's up, for everything you do their's always gonna be a weak link you will have to consider doing next. As much as I agree with you to an extent, I have to keep it realistic, even when it come's to a mod as cheap as nitrous.
My best friends car lasted 4 years with a 200shot being spray, we lost count of the bottles.

Motor never blew, hes putting in a 408 with a bigger shot.....

So used right its fine, You sound like a nitrous sissy
Old 10-14-2006, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

I agree with you, but I don't see a point of spending $6000 on a turbo kit unless you're going to rebuild the motor, you can make the same power with nitrous.

On the other hand, if I had the money to rebuild the engine, I would be pushing way more than 600whp out of my forged LS1 with a nice turbo kit. And I bet you'd it would still cost me less than $30,000.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Budget, more like common sense, LS1's are high comp motors. They don't respond to boost as well as the bottle. Take 4.6L stangs on the other hand, this those 4V heads and low compression they are begging for boost. Sure you can take the time to build a low comp LS1 and a power adder but others decide to build high comp motors with the bottle.

Here is a good example of a cam/spray LS1, this is similar to how my car is gonna be.

http://www.projectcamaro.com/trmin8r

I dont think they can understand how good LS1s take to spray when used right, they are used to there fucken Junk boxes blowing up befor making decent power.

Your under dog talks bullshit,and runs in circles
Old 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
HAHA, Ive been calling you out for months, you avoid it everytime I ask. I am not scared of you or your ******* car. We meet up and before the race you had NO excuses, nothing at all. In fact you were talking about how you were ready to test ur new plenum and blah blah blah. We meet up and run, you got a jump on me on almost all of the races then let off at 120 when my boat was about to come sailing past you. My EGT's are too high, waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. How about you bring that lame *** trash before you line up. I am willing and ready to run you ANYFUCKINGTIME you want, for bragging rights, ON VIDEO. My SS on the bottle from a 1st gear roll, no ******* excuses. I put my passenger in your car because I was at well over 4000 pounds with him in it, sad thing is even with him in your car you were the lighter car and still got beat.

Run my deuce tonight on video for 500 from a dig till 140. I've called you out atleast 10 times and everytime you said you wont run for money. You know my 350z is in the shop for the longblock build and a larger twin turbo upgrade. Thats why you are calling it out. You've known this for 2 1/2 months now. My car will be ready within 3 weeks, but in the mean time run the deuce right now as we speak. Put your money where your mouth is instead of my dick! You know the number. I will be at starbucks on southpost oak and 610 in 30 min. Be there no excuses.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned

When your comparing a LS1 Fbody to a 350Z, mod for mod the LS1 will be faster... Everytime.

Its just that simple.

The Fbody is cheaper to build, cheaper to buy, easier to work on, and with 346 Cubic Inches, anyway you look at it its a better car, better bang for your buck and has more possibilites.

END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Run my deuce tonight on video for 500 from a dig till 140. I've called you out atleast 10 times and everytime you said you wont run for money. You know my 350z is in the shop for the longblock build and a larger twin turbo upgrade. Thats why you are calling it out. You've known this for 2 1/2 months now. My car will be ready within 3 weeks, but in the mean time run the deuce right now as we speak. Put your money where your mouth is instead of my dick! You know the number. I will be at starbucks on southpost oak and 610 in 30 min. Be there no excuses.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Lol omg

Run my car from a Dig" to 140mph" what the ****?

Standing mile races? What the **** is wrong with you?

Your the reason why imports get ****, dumb ****
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slick1851
Power is power stop trying to turn things around

I agree, that's why when people use the money excuse it just annoys me, there are many route's to take when it come's to power and putting it to the ground, money shouldn't be an aspect there are just too many dif. choices and compromises you can make. If his car costs more, deal with it or don't race em. If you beat em and his car costs more, he might have more important things to worry about than winning one race with his car, or maybe you're the better machanic/driver. Everyone can pull an excuse out of their ***, aspecially the money factor excuse, my favorite one.
12 Second Club

Look at the post below yours. Very good example of long lasting LS1 with 200 shot. He's raced his car against anything he possibly could and it's still running strong!!!

But I do agree with you about traction. 12 bolt and set of DR's will solve those traction issues

Quick Reply: 350z 15psi vs 06 viper VIDEO