Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

350z vs LT1 on gas and ls1 with boltons

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these races are on almost every forum i am going to, lol.

i dont know burnzilla, i was roughly 390@rw at first when i ran him. the more i think about it, with the bottle pressure already being low, it looks like we are close, then all of the sudden he takes off. which leads me to believe that the bottle pressure dropped a good amount.

anyway, it was a great night. and next time i go out there i will have a full bottle with correct jets.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

that camaro is moving for a stalled auto from a roll..expecially with bolt ons..

"Bolt On" I have no shame or secrets to hide so I'll tell what I have here are My Mods:
SLP Air Lid with K&N Filter
Hooker LongTube Headers with Off road Y-Pipe and open Cutout
ASP UD Pulley
Stock Ported TB
Fuddle Racing 3400 Stall Converter
PCMforless Mail Order Tune
BMR STB,SFC,LCA's,LCA Relo Brackets,and BMR Lowering Springs
Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by camzaro28

i dont know burnzilla, i was roughly 390@rw at first when i ran him. th.
I meant 375 N/A
Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

the z sounded like any ls1 with lt's and a cutout. good runs i guess, i would've liked to see it from a dig but i don't think anybody races from a dig anymore

as for the 350z being the fastest car- well if that sprayed lt1 ran 11.90's then i'd put my $ on him in a REAL drag race from a dig. rolling into it yeah as you can see the 350 took him, but i'd bet it ain't running below like 12.50's.\

lt1 guy- see if you can talk the 350z owner into a dig race, i wanna see how different of a race it is.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
the z sounded like any ls1 with lt's and a cutout. good runs i guess, i would've liked to see it from a dig but i don't think anybody races from a dig anymore

as for the 350z being the fastest car- well if that sprayed lt1 ran 11.90's then i'd put my $ on him in a REAL drag race from a dig. rolling into it yeah as you can see the 350 took him, but i'd bet it ain't running below like 12.50's.\

lt1 guy- see if you can talk the 350z owner into a dig race, i wanna see how different of a race it is.
Good thing your not betting then.. Guys with 390whp with single turbos are running 11.9-12.4 112-116. Im not trying to start a war... just misinformation gets spread around and it bothers me to no end. Im sure you guys are the same way when someone tries to tell you about LS1's and LT1's which is completely wrong.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

yeah kinda like u saying he is putting down 412 or whatever, why he tell me different numbers? maybe he dont know what he puts down? yeah, that sounds like the case.

sleeperstyle,
i went out there on DR's looking for a dig race. wasnt happening.
he was on street tires which is understandable, and i think he knows he wouldve lost both races if either of camaros ran him from a dig.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camzaro28
yeah kinda like u saying he is putting down 412 or whatever, why he tell me different numbers? maybe he dont know what he puts down? yeah, that sounds like the case.

sleeperstyle,
i went out there on DR's looking for a dig race. wasnt happening.
he was on street tires which is understandable, and i think he knows he wouldve lost both races if either of camaros ran him from a dig.

I Believe you.. I obviously only know what posted..not what was said. You have no reason to lie brotha!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slimcracka
that camaro is moving for a stalled auto from a roll..expecially with bolt ons..

"Bolt On" I have no shame or secrets to hide so I'll tell what I have here are My Mods:
SLP Air Lid with K&N Filter
Hooker LongTube Headers with Off road Y-Pipe and open Cutout
ASP UD Pulley
Stock Ported TB
Fuddle Racing 3400 Stall Converter
PCMforless Mail Order Tune
BMR STB,SFC,LCA's,LCA Relo Brackets,and BMR Lowering Springs
He forgot to mention the cam...I don't think he would have kept up with only bolt-ons. Turbo 350Zs are nothing to take lightly...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Hello fellow LS1 owners,

I'm the owner of the Z in those videos and for the record that night my Z was doing 450rwhp @ 10psi. The old dyno someone posted was my old tune.

The car has went 11.8 @ 120mph with a 1.760ft. I hope this answers anyone's questions.

Now on to the runs, both awesome and great races. The story behind the runs with the LS1 me and him ran before but at my roll 55mph which I pulled a car and a half. So, this night I agreed to do his roll and he requested 30mph, which is really low for me as I don't hit full boost until 45mph and had no way to brake boost that night. But being the good sport I went for it and had to play catch up each time.

Excuses aside, both cars are different beasts and I will always respect anything with "Z"
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have an awesome looking 350z man! and obviously its pretty damn good performing as well! good races
Old 10-17-2006, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
you have an awesome looking 350z man! and obviously its pretty damn good performing as well! good races
+1! Welcome, and thanks for the honesty. There has been alot of BS around here lately. Keep those vids coming!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Wow this is on here too,LoL!Hey Everyone My name is Mark and Im the Owner of the SOM LS1 Z28 in the vid,This is My post from the 350z forum,God I love (Copy+Paste)LoL!This explains must of the questions asked,they arent to happy with me over there.

First off id like to say good runs Chris always fun when u and I go out to play.Secondly,Why All the hate from everyone?Let me set a few things straight My car is All motor!!Yes it has a cam a STOCK one if it didnt it wouldnt run,LoL!!! Chris where do u get off thinking my car has an aftermarket cam?Rumors?LoL We all know how those work, If yall like I can post a clip up of my car running and timeslips so everyone here can verify it has a stock cam.My car has been a best of 12.0 @ 114 with a 1.6 60ft,Chris hasnt you car gone 11.9's?So Im what a tenth off of you?Why are the vidz so hard to believe if were sooo close at the track?My setup is efficient thats why the car runs as well as it does but by no means is it the fastest LS1,take some time and Checkout LS1Tech.com there is a top 50 fastest Bolt On LS1 List anywhere from 10.9-11.8 and thats just the people that decided to register,or maybe the all motor list where you'll find 9-10 second passes,Yes some of those cars are gutted and can be called a "race" car but some are full weight as is Mine I have every option,T-tops,leather,Cd,Chrome wheels,etc etc My car is HEAVY weighing in at 3450 plus me,Another 165LBS.Ive been more than fair and respectful towards Chris or anyone that I race for a matter of fact,My car is a Bolt on,Stalled,Auto with suspension do yall really think im at best from a roll?Hell no My car is at its best from a dig,BUT I like to make races fair so I run the less skilled Drivers,LoL!J/K!From a roll so it can be a good race.Well Im writing a novel so I'll stop,Chris I'll prolly see you wensday.Peace

Oh and BTW I dont let out early we are going too fast where we were at and I dont want to wreck flying around a turn,Im sure Chris will agree.My car shifted into OD in an auto so if any of you are intelligent youll know we were going very fast.And for the record COUNT the honks I hear three in each and every video.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camkid
there is no way that z28 had just bolts! he would not be keeping up with a 350 turbo....no way in hell.....my guess is that the ls1 was cammed with bolts.....a cam is not a bolt on its a bolt in so the video prescreen was wrong.
Power under the curve is an amazing thing Maybe one day you'll understand that just because car X makes 450rwhp @ PEAK but the power under the curve isnt as strong as car Z making 350ish RWHP @ equals a win JUST BECAUSE it makes 450rwhp. Average power is where its at. We all know stalled autos at their optimum roll speed are pretty ******* deadly because of the torque multiplication and power under the curve.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camkid
my guess is that the 350z was pretty close to 450whp with that amount of psi....the z28 was prob making around 430-450 with a cam....

the reason that the z was not pulling him from the go is becasue even if 350's are turbod they are almost next to impossible to brake boost.....my recommendation for the z is to go from a dig=very diffrent result

430-450 rwhp with a cam? I havent seen many stock cubed ls1's make 430-450 rwhp cam only...also again here is another example of someone not understanding powerbands of different cars...
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

BTW 25 psi nice vids, strong running cars there, but I agree the LT1 looked a little slow, must have been a small shot he was running.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maximumsportz
Hello fellow LS1 owners,

I'm the owner of the Z in those videos and for the record that night my Z was doing 450rwhp @ 10psi. The old dyno someone posted was my old tune.

The car has went 11.8 @ 120mph with a 1.760ft. I hope this answers anyone's questions.

Now on to the runs, both awesome and great races. The story behind the runs with the LS1 me and him ran before but at my roll 55mph which I pulled a car and a half. So, this night I agreed to do his roll and he requested 30mph, which is really low for me as I don't hit full boost until 45mph and had no way to brake boost that night. But being the good sport I went for it and had to play catch up each time.

Excuses aside, both cars are different beasts and I will always respect anything with "Z"
Less talking............and more pics of your 350Z! **** man that thing looks sick!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Less talking............and more pics of your 350Z! **** man that thing looks sick!
Thanks, Well you asked for it.

Night shots.

Last edited by unit213; 10-19-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Dude, you are a motherf*ckin P.I.M.P.

Ive seen some nice looking Z's before, and yours is no exception..
Color is beautiful, ground effects really set off that body style well, and the rims are very nice too.

Sweet ride...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Dude, you are a motherf*ckin P.I.M.P.

Ive seen some nice looking Z's before, and yours is no exception..
Color is beautiful, ground effects really set off that body style well, and the rims are very nice too.

Sweet ride...
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I'm all about details and a clean looking car.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Teching In

HOLY SNAP Thats A Bad *** Car Man Just Bad ***!!! Nice

Quick Reply: 350z vs LT1 on gas and ls1 with boltons