Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

700+rwhp Viper VS. My Sprayed Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind......

I had a long reply here, but I obviously am more of a man to just leave it be. Keep thinking and assuming whatever you want......

Last edited by ponygt65; 11-13-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What the **** are you talking about bitch? Like I acutally give a damm who you like, or don't like.

Dumbass. I've owned two of your prided fords before my vettes.

I was simply making a comment about the video,...regardless of the make and modles of the cars in it. The outcome of this race means nothing to me whatsoever.

If you watch the video again, rookie,...yes, in my opinion, which seems to out weigh yours if you think that viper was shifting fast.....again, in my opinion, the viper, lagged on his shifts,...and the higher gear selected by the mopar, SOMTHING DOES HAPPEN with the viper, weather it be a clutch slippage induced by the driver feathering it out slowly(rideing it), or it was some sort of a mild clutch failure.

Step off bitch. Maybe you should use speakers when watching videos...or maybe mommy doesn't let you have the volume loud enough to listen.

If the guy was an "outlaw" racer,...he is either driving an automatic, or he was having clutch issues...or he just plain sucks in the dodge. Which, honestly, after driving a viper, it's one of the EASIEST cars to bang gears on.

That said,...eat ****, and spare me with this corvette ****.

Slight overreaction...

Sometimes short shifting is a good thing when putting down serious power...avoids overpowering the tires and inducing wheel spin.

Do girls really get all wet when you kill another car?

Im such a pimp i still get mad *** in a Taurus.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Slight overreaction...

Sometimes short shifting is a good thing when putting down serious power...avoids overpowering the tires and inducing wheel spin.

If that Viper isn't spnning from a punch in second at that speed. I don't think I'd be concerned about losing control on the 2-3 shift. I'm surprised that car doesn't spin much more with that kind of tq. Must have some decent tires out back.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
If that Viper isn't spnning from a punch in second at that speed. I don't think I'd be concerned about losing control on the 2-3 shift. I'm surprised that car doesn't spin much more with that kind of tq. Must have some decent tires out back.
True...but that is kind of the point. He could have done the 'granny' shift to prevent losing control....that was my point to "V". Maybe I didn't word it correctly?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Teching In

What the **** are you talking about bitch? Like I acutally give a damm who you like, or don't like.

Dumbass. I've owned two of your prided fords before my vettes.

I was simply making a comment about the video,...regardless of the make and modles of the cars in it. The outcome of this race means nothing to me whatsoever.

If you watch the video again, rookie,...yes, in my opinion, which seems to out weigh yours if you think that viper was shifting fast.....again, in my opinion, the viper, lagged on his shifts,...and the higher gear selected by the mopar, SOMTHING DOES HAPPEN with the viper, weather it be a clutch slippage induced by the driver feathering it out slowly(rideing it), or it was some sort of a mild clutch failure.

Step off bitch. Maybe you should use speakers when watching videos...or maybe mommy doesn't let you have the volume loud enough to listen.

If the guy was an "outlaw" racer,...he is either driving an automatic, or he was having clutch issues...or he just plain sucks in the dodge. Which, honestly, after driving a viper, it's one of the EASIEST cars to bang gears on.

That said,...eat ****, and spare me with this corvette ****.

Agreed, something wasnt right with the viper driver, and if it was an automatic.....well...it wasnt :-)

With that set up and a 200 shot on tap he will be pushing 4 figure tourque numbers, dont race him if he sprays, he could miss every gear and still own ya.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Teching In

I would be, the 2 to 3 shift can be bad...really bad.

They have 335's, I just fitted 355's and we will see how they hook when this snow is gone.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
I would be, the 2 to 3 shift can be bad...really bad.

They have 335's, I just fitted 355's and we will see how they hook when this snow is gone.
Well my car has maybe 450-460rwhp and it will roast the stock F1's from a 45 punch. That Viper has much more power and trq than me and it didn't look like it had any real traction issues at all. I would not be afraid to shift that car hard into 3rd on concrete based on what I witnessed in that vid. I've driven a stock GTS and it is very well behaved on good pavement even on the 1-2 shift let alone 2-3. They actually seem easier to drag than my Z.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Nevermind......

I had a long reply here, but I obviously am more of a man to just leave it be. Keep thinking and assuming whatever you want......

Good idea.

My assumption has been made up since your first response.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Slight overreaction...

I always over react dude. I'm a hit first, ask questions later type of dude.

I am well aware of a car, that MAY not have to powershift due to haveing an abumdance of power. I thought I brought that out in one of my previous posts. Matter of fact, I know I did.

You obviously may not be able to power/speed shift all the time but, thats an obvious statement. Or, common sense.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Belive it or not bro, vipers are pretty easy to launch/walk outta the hole. Even with my buddies 19's(stock ACR with HRE's and a cold air)....I still have tree'd some badass cars on a tire when I was on show boaters..
Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ponygt65
True...but that is kind of the point. He could have done the 'granny' shift to prevent losing control....that was my point to "V". Maybe I didn't word it correctly?

No, I don't think you did at all. I don't think that was your point either but, nice try.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Agreed, something wasnt right with the viper driver, and if it was an automatic.....well...it wasnt :-)

With that set up and a 200 shot on tap he will be pushing 4 figure tourque numbers, dont race him if he sprays, he could miss every gear and still own ya.

Thank you 9 pound, 7 ounce baby jesus. Glad to see someone agree's with what was on the video.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well my car has maybe 450-460rwhp and it will roast the stock F1's from a 45 punch. That Viper has much more power and trq than me and it didn't look like it had any real traction issues at all. I would not be afraid to shift that car hard into 3rd on concrete based on what I witnessed in that vid. I've driven a stock GTS and it is very well behaved on good pavement even on the 1-2 shift let alone 2-3. They actually seem easier to drag than my Z.

The first day I drove a Z06, which was my cousins brand new 2002 Z06,...I also drove my buddies, for the first time, 2000 ACR viper. Wow, what a day that was. I think after a night of south beach clubbing(years back) it was a sunny sunday morning. We found a side road, really empty, and they let me take both cars for a spin. Lets just say, in the viper, I was staright as an arrow, launching hard and everything. It just stayed straight, and by my third launch attempt, I had the car nailed to a T. It had soo much torque, I didn't need to over whelm the car with more RPM. Just a nice slip of the clutch, and your off.

The Z...well....that was a much different ride. I think the first shift I made in that car, was on washington ave,.....and it was a 1-2 powershift. That bitch was ALL OVER THE PLACE. It made all it's power soo, different, with the TACH climbing. Unlike the viper, which just chugged through every gear. I didn''t even know I had to shift already in the viper, every time I looked down, it was time to shift. I wasn't used to that, owning a modular cobra at the time.

Anyways, completely different vehicles. The viper, atleast that viper, is easy to drive. The vettes, seem to require some piloting skills. Even stock.

That, was a really fun day. We where single file for a 30 minute, run from the beach, to casa romeo's in davie. My cobra, my cousins vette, and my boys viper. Fun, fun times.

Sorry for the flashback.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, I don't think you did at all. I don't think that was your point either but, nice try.
You are such a panzy....mommy really took too long to stop nursing you didn't she? She apparently didn't get the memo that third graders are provided milk at school and her 'pump' didn't need to go into OVERTIME.

Grow up, you loser......LIKE I said...Typical vette owner. Egotistical and PATHETIC.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Leave the dumbass pictures at LS2.com please. Thanks - unit.

Last edited by unit213; 11-14-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always over react dude. I'm a hit first, ask questions later type of dude.

I am well aware of a car, that MAY not have to powershift due to haveing an abumdance of power. I thought I brought that out in one of my previous posts. Matter of fact, I know I did.

You obviously may not be able to power/speed shift all the time but, thats an obvious statement. Or, common sense.
Short shifting to prevent wheel spin will help you go faster...not just prevent loss of control. Common sense is rare these days...

Wow dude, your an expert bro.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

The first day I drove a Z06, which was my cousins brand new 2002 Z06,...I also drove my buddies, for the first time, 2000 ACR viper. Wow, what a day that was. I think after a night of south beach clubbing(years back) it was a sunny sunday morning. We found a side road, really empty, and they let me take both cars for a spin. Lets just say, in the viper, I was staright as an arrow, launching hard and everything. It just stayed straight, and by my third launch attempt, I had the car nailed to a T. It had soo much torque, I didn't need to over whelm the car with more RPM. Just a nice slip of the clutch, and your off.

The Z...well....that was a much different ride. I think the first shift I made in that car, was on washington ave,.....and it was a 1-2 powershift. That bitch was ALL OVER THE PLACE. It made all it's power soo, different, with the TACH climbing. Unlike the viper, which just chugged through every gear. I didn''t even know I had to shift already in the viper, every time I looked down, it was time to shift. I wasn't used to that, owning a modular cobra at the time.

Anyways, completely different vehicles. The viper, atleast that viper, is easy to drive. The vettes, seem to require some piloting skills. Even stock.

That, was a really fun day. We where single file for a 30 minute, run from the beach, to casa romeo's in davie. My cobra, my cousins vette, and my boys viper. Fun, fun times.

Sorry for the flashback.
I agree 100% V-Series. Weird that the Viper seems easier to drive fast in a sraight line but more difficult around a track. I've never tried taking one through turns, but this is what I hear. Competetive Mode in the Z makes you seem like a better driver I guess.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned

one). Viper ( ) races Mach 1 ().

two). Viper (aka God, ) seems to get pulled on by Mach 1 (, Satan).

three). Viper (bka God, ) is saved by the slow shifting excuse (bka S.S.E. ).

four). Upon further review it is obvious the Mach ( , aka Applegate) pulled on the Viper (God, ) and the Mach is doing at all disbelievers.

This is what I got from alot of the posts (Gay, ).
Old 11-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The next person to post some ridiculously childish stuff will be banned.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unit213
The next person to post some ridiculously childish stuff will be banned.

Have a nice day.
Soddy.... .

Quick Reply: 700+rwhp Viper VS. My Sprayed Mach1