Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a C6 Z06 in the mx6

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran a C6 Z06 in the mx6

Well, I've gotten sick and effing tired of this one kid at my school talking about how great his car is and how awful mine is just out of the blue. Basically walks up to me and **** talks my car - even did it as I was complementing him on another one of his cars, a Z28 Camaro (LT1). Now, don't get me wrong, the mx6 is nothing next to a 'vette, but he doesn't need to ****-talk my car (which, btw, I've turned every damn nut and bolt on - more than I can say for him and any of his vehicles). So, we arranged a run down an old abandoned road in the area. He wanted a 20 roll, but I finally got him to run from a dig (I've heard him grinding gears and seen him nearly stall a few times, so I figured my only damn way to beat the 'vette is by letting this kid lose the race). We measured out almost exactly a quarter mile, and lined the two cars up.

His girlfriend decided to do the flag thing, and we both revved up the cars (I couldn't hear mine revving over the LS7) and she dropped the flag as I dropped the clutch in first gear and let the Kumho 712's fight for traction for a solid second. Shifted into second gear, then I looked in the mirror... and noticed I had pretty much sealed the victory. There, I saw a 2006 C6 Z06 Corvette, one of the highlights of GM Engineering, sitting there on the starting line, stalled out. I just idled it down the road and then pulled back around to where we started. By the time I got back to the starting line, he and his gf had disappeared, and he's gone kinda silent since then (been three days).
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a loser that kid is. But good kill. Now you can say you beat a Z06
Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

all I can say is umm good kill I guess.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but thats not what I call a kill. He has to actually race and lose for it to be a kill IMO.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
Yeah, I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but thats not what I call a kill. He has to actually race and lose for it to be a kill IMO.
I think its a kill because the guy in the Z06 killed himself by talking **** and not knowing how to race. At least this guy didnt ***** out because it was a z06
Old 11-10-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice "kill". Your sig says LSX, did you do a V8 and RWD conversion to your MX6? That would be pretty impressive if so. Otherwise there would be no chance in hell of that V6 putting up any kind of fight to a Z06.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Whats a loser kid like that that can't drive a stick doing with a C6 Z06? Kinda sounds bass ackwards to me.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

GREAT kill and an even better story!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate **** talkers tooo.... I had one of those guys in my school with a C5.... I never mentioned what I had until he ran into my LT1. He always said how his car had all this stuff done to it but never back it with times... besides that it sounded stock next to my huge cammed LT. Really hurts when a car under $10,000 G's hands u your ***. GOOD KILL!!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

.....gay story...sorry. But, if it makes you feel better, the guy in the vette was even gayer for stalling his ride.

...now, lets get to the important stuff.

What did the female flagger look like? Hot? mini skirt? shorts? no panties? What?

She ******* better be hot dammit.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's a shame that a C6 Z06 is in the hands of an amateur. a perfectly good car, gone to waste...
Old 11-10-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sdm1234
it's a shame that a C6 Z06 is in the hands of an amateur. a perfectly good car, gone to waste...

Yup...pretty much what I was thinking.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

What is some "kid" in school doing driving a new Z06 anyway? Did mommy and daddy buy it for him?

Anyway its a kill since he stalled it after talking all kinds of ****, but its a kinda lame kill. You seem to have known had he been able to drive that he would of won but you also knew he couldnt drive either. You played the odds and his stupid ***. Good job.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you ahve any track times on the MX6 either? Im curious to know what that engine can do in that shell.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
What is some "kid" in school doing driving a new Z06 anyway? Did mommy and daddy buy it for him?

Anyway its a kill since he stalled it after talking all kinds of ****, but its a kinda lame kill. You seem to have known had he been able to drive that he would of won but you also knew he couldnt drive either. You played the odds and his stupid ***. Good job.
Mommy and daddy? You sound almost as gay as the guy driving the vette. You sound like one of those people who are jealous of anything that is nicer than what you have. Yeah the kid was stupid for stalling out but who gives a **** how he got the car? The car is bad *** and he is obviously pulling some fine *** ***** with it so more power to him. At the end of the day he is driving a brand new z06...are you?

Last edited by blackls6; 11-10-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

That sig is b/c I know where I am on the racing food chain. The MX6 LS (what I have... 2.5L V6 rather than the pathetic 2.0 FS) runs a 15.3 stock according to one site, but a more realistic time is 15.6-15.9 best, and since it's an FF, it's not out of the question to see one run a 16.0-16.3 since launching RPM's and all the minor tuning really comes into play alot for the FF's.

Oh, and to give you an idea, his dad is a CEO. So yeah, his parents bought him that car.

Oh, and yeah, she's hot (well, by my school's standards). The standards out here are pretty low, though .

*back to work*
Old 11-10-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blackls6
Mommy and daddy? You sound almost as gay as the guy driving the vette.
yeah ok man, whatever. I just found it strange that the thrread starter refers to the C6 Z driver as a "kid at school", which is agood indicator that "mommy and daddy" did buy the kid a new Z. Whats the big deal about the remark?

Your mom must have bought your ride for you and thats why you are so upset over my simple comment. You guys get so butthurt on the Internet, its so funny.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
yeah ok man, whatever. I just found it strange that the thrread starter refers to the C6 Z driver as a "kid at school", which is agood indicator that "mommy and daddy" did buy the kid a new Z. Whats the big deal about the remark?

Your mom must have bought your ride for you and thats why you are so upset over my simple comment. You guys get so butthurt on the Internet, its so funny.
I dont get butthurt but maybe you do. Actually your mom bought me my ride because I showed her what a long first gear felt like.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blackls6
I dont get buthurt but maybe you do. Actually your mom bought me my ride because I showed her what a long first gear felt like.
See what im talking about? Dude how old are you really? Its real mature to crack jokes about someone mother like a ******* kid. Grow up.

Youre still talking **** so i must have been right about where you got your ride from huh? Go away noob.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

First off what are you talking about? Secondly I am not quite as old as your loser *** who has a wife and kid at the age of 24. Third:You were trying to crack a joke about how I recieved my car from my "mommy" so I cracked a joke back? So are you the one who is getting "butthurt" again? Also, if you are so mature than why are you posting in a street racing section? I do not have to explain anything to you but I will since you are from Georgia and are little slow. So here goes, I bought my car...but I doubt you will belive anything I say so its waste of mine time saying that. And any "adult" who goes on a message board calling other people "noobs" cannot be but so mature. Dont you have important grown up things to be doing at this hour like changing diapers?