Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 ZO6 vs 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Cobra has a lower CD then the Z06. There is no aero advantage.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
^ So your saying every C6Z06 traps at 130? Do you know how much hp this whipple Cobra is making? Too many variables to call bs!! Keep in mind I have a Z06 bud, I know their potential, I also know what Cobras are capable of.
I agree, too many variables that we don't know to straight up call bs.

IMHO, this sounds more like a more than slightly exagerrated kill than a bs story. But I don't think the OP has replied yet either so that's not such a good sign either, but I could have missed one of his replies.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DietCoke
you sure about that?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DietCoke

IDC what anyone says....130mph trap is insane. Hell 107 in an LS1 is fast to me at least. Fast is relative!!

Dan
Old 11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

you sure he didnt let off like you said he was doing besides he prob is a rich kid that doesnt know how to drive it and his parents bought it for him. i know the 03-04 Cobras are fast and maybe you got'm but you wont know until you setup a real race. a few cars ahead of him maybe considering how much power you have but 10 its hard to beleive.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what color is "Ranger's"??? imagine that lol.... many pages extra due to the "10 car" factor... good kill.. translation Cobra driver's 10 cars are in reality "matchbox" size
Old 11-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Racer

Call Ranger and setup a race with a C6Z with a real driver. We are all dying to see the outcome. Get it on video and come back and tell us what happen. Should be real close with your mods. but then and only then will we know what your car will do against a C6Z.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by buffman
actually he was heading in the other direction
haha damn you must have pulled pretty hard then
Old 11-28-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UL LOSE
Call Ranger and setup a race with a C6Z with a real driver. We are all dying to see the outcome. Get it on video and come back and tell us what happen. Should be real close with your mods. but then and only then will we know what your car will do against a C6Z.

I agree with most responses here, but I could not read this and not say something.

How can you have the BEST Z06 driver (Ranger) race an average Joe Blow (or slightly better than avg)?...come on now..that is a tad......how do you say.....dumb.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

Well I was thinking Ranger vs John Force..lol
Old 11-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Teching In

why do people come to a GM fourm and talk about mustangs kicks ls1's, and corvettes ***. Just go to a rust tang fourm and stay there. That would be like me going to ur fix or repair daily(FORD) fourm and tell you guys how my ls1 kicked a rustangs ***.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trans Am Dawg
why do people come to a GM fourm and talk about mustangs kicks ls1's, and corvettes ***. Just go to a rust tang fourm and stay there. That would be like me going to ur fix or repair daily(FORD) fourm and tell you guys how my ls1 kicked a rustangs ***.
Probably the same reason some of the guys here post kill stories against SVT's on SVTPerformance.com.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UL LOSE
Good one dude me a average but ok driver vs. a experience ZO6 driver, but hey I'm game.....how about ranger vs. those boys from "Striclty's" they have street driven cars too....Like i said maybe I exagerated by 10 car I was in "heat of the moment" or like some people say maybe after I pulled him he let off. As for people saying b.s it just let you know how much you know if dont think a whipple cobra can pull a C6ZO6
Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by gnxs
Probably the same reason some of the guys here post kill stories against SVT's on SVTPerformance.com.
No ****. I guess that's where you're supposed to post the kill story. On the forum of the car that you beat.
S.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLITT
You again? We come to GM forums and talk about how we whomped your slow asses just so you remember your place. Maybe if we beat it into your thick skulls (in your case we have to get through your special ed helmet too) then you will learn.

Maybe if your almighty LS1's didn't need boltons and spray to keep up with my Bullitt or an stock 03/04 Cobra then the Ford community could treat you as adults...well maybe teenagers, instead of children.
How about not being dick and understanding most people have an IQ above 20 and can like/respect/own more than one brand of automobile!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
I've seen the new z06 run, and its fast! nothing will put 10 cars on a c6 z06 besides a viper henessy venom, bagatti veyron, or something crazy like that.

If it happened, the z06 must've been in 6th gear the whole time or something...

No doubt a C6Z06 is faster than a from-the-factory car has any right to be. I assume you refer only to stock vs. stock. But there are more than a few street cars running around that will stomp a C6 Z06 in a straight line. Hell, I own a few. But there are very few that will hang in the twisties.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
How about not being dick and understanding most people have an IQ above 20 and can like/respect/own more than one brand of automobile!
Just call him "Popgun". Goes around making insignificant, childish noise...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

You again? We come to GM forums and talk about how we whomped your slow asses just so you remember your place. Maybe if we beat it into your thick skulls (in your case we have to get through your special ed helmet too) then you will learn.

Maybe if your almighty LS1's didn't need boltons and spray to keep up with my Bullitt or an stock 03/04 Cobra then the Ford community could treat you as adults...well maybe teenagers, instead of children.

What the heck are you yapping about, you have a moostang GT, want a cookie? Whats done to your car?? You sound like you need to cut your mullitt BULLITT.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Dude are you for real?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by s/c stang
Good one dude me a average but ok driver vs. a experience ZO6 driver, but hey I'm game.....how about ranger vs. those boys from "Striclty's" they have street driven cars too....Like i said maybe I exagerated by 10 car I was in "heat of the moment" or like some people say maybe after I pulled him he let off. As for people saying b.s it just let you know how much you know if dont think a whipple cobra can pull a C6ZO6
How bad could it be,he's driving a C6Z. You already put 10+ EASY cars on one. And I said it would be a close race. I know as much as you do about 03/04 Cobras. I understand your Whipple Cobra should very well be capable of pulling a C6Z. But like stated many times already....not be 10 cars.