Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I Beat A LS1 Camaro Tonight Yay =] (Vid)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Damn...post an Elty beating an Ellis and you get more flack on LS1Tech than posting a NewEdge stang killing a Ellis...go figure. Street Racing...ya neva know.
No ****...

Like it could never happen, thats why I never posted any kills in my old 94
Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z 2 8
Really, so you think a basically stock A4 LS1 traps higher than a bolt on M6 LT1?
so ur sayin that a catback ls1 is slower than a catback, intake lt1?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Really, so you think a basically stock A4 LS1 traps higher than a bolt on M6 LT1? That's interesting...You know what i mean by no up top power in an LS1 A4. Don't be a smart a$$. I'm comparing the A4's top end to a LS1 M6. An M6 pulls much more up top and like i said would have won this race...Im not wrong about any information i have given you.
OK, 2 things.
1. His car is not a bolt-on m6 lt1, all he has is a friggin' catback and a big bad k&n...So, the question is, do you think a 'barely modded' lt1 traps higher than a Healthy stock LS1??
2. Why are you comparing the top end of the A4 LS1 to an M6 LS1?? Shouldn't we be comparing the top end of the A4 ls1 to the m6 LT1?? Who cares how the A4 LS1 compares to an M6 LS1, IIRC, he raced an LT1...

And again, I never said your information is wrong, this is just the first-time I have seen a hardly modded lt1 beat up on an LS1, so naturally, I'm goin to question it...
Old 11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jpat1023
OK, 2 things.
1. His car is not a bolt-on m6 lt1, all he has is a friggin' catback and a big bad k&n...So, the question is, do you think a 'barely modded' lt1 traps higher than a Healthy stock LS1??
2. Why are you comparing the top end of the A4 LS1 to an M6 LS1?? Shouldn't we be comparing the top end of the A4 ls1 to the m6 LT1?? Who cares how the A4 LS1 compares to an M6 LS1, IIRC, he raced an LT1...

And again, I never said your information is wrong, this is just the first-time I have seen a hardly modded lt1 beat up on an LS1, so naturally, I'm goin to question it...
What are you talking about? Im not comparing an A4 LS1 to a M6 LS1. I said in my post an A4 LS1 against a bolt on M6 LT1 which is what the video was about...The second part i wrote was a typo, i thought you could figure that out, since i mentioned M6 LT1 the sentence before...I changed it for you though.

To the other guy with an LS1 above. I doubt the automatic ls1 has a full catback. Probably a muffler...Why do you sound so surprised that a catback, cai M6 LT1 could beat an A4 exhaust LS1??? A4's trap significantly lower in the 1/4. M6 LT1's trap over 103 almost stock...A4 LS1's are right around that area and the majority i see trap 101...(good running cars) I have seen an A4 2000 LS1 trap 99mph before. I personally believe that car must have been very hot that day, because he should have been faster than that...It was a hot day and most likely he had a few runs in.

So, saying a catback, cai M6 LT1 beating an A4 LS1 makes perfect sense as you saw in the video...As i said before, if the LS1 was a manual, he would have walked the LT1. Same reason why an M6 LS1 is so much faster than an A4. How is this complicated for you people? The people that are arguing with me have LS1's and you don't know about this? Seriously, wtf? Do you think M6 LT1's trap 98 stock or something???? My 94 A4 LT1 trapped 99.6 stock to the filter...I could have gotten 100mph if it was cooler out.

So there is no confusion, were talking about LS1 f-body's. (As in the video)

Last edited by Z 2 8; 11-29-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BULLITT
You talk about it like its an accomplishment? Shiet walking Ls1's are daily occurances in my Bullitt. I don't even get excited about it anymore.
I don't even see an LS1 F-bod on a daily basis. This *** is not entertaining anymore. It's a disgrace he owns a mustang. He belongs in a pink Honda civic.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

You talk about it like its an accomplishment? Shiet walking Ls1's are daily occurances in my Bullitt. I don't even get excited about it anymore.
You are a ******* troll, who has nothing to offer to any of these threads...
Crawl your fat *** back under thr BAN rock you were under...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Go watch Tokyo Drift again or go to the ricer boards and get kicked out again. Your worse then the people who stick wings on their cars and put so many stickers on their cars that you cant tell what color it is.

ha, making fun of Bullitt is too addicting, maybe because it is so easy....
Old 11-29-2006, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

To the other guy with an LS1 above. I doubt the automatic ls1 has a full catback. Probably a muffler...Why do you sound so surprised that a catback, cai M6 LT1 could beat an A4 exhaust LS1??? A4's trap significantly lower in the 1/4. M6 LT1's trap over 103 almost stock...A4 LS1's are right around that area and the majority i see trap 101...(good running cars) I have seen an A4 2000 LS1 trap 99mph before. So, saying a catback, cai M6 LT1 beating an A4 LS1 makes perfect sense
first off, stock A4 LS1's dont trap around 101 and secondly a LT1 trappin 103 stock?lol its like saying M6 LS1's trap at 111 stock

So there is no confusion, were talking about LS1 f-body's. (As in the video)
did you just meant to say an LS1 C5 is faster than a LS1 f-body?

well, all things said, i'd be glad to race a catback and intake M6 LT1, and video tape it, since im just a slow LS1..

oh and remember its just an LS1
Old 11-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
first off, stock A4 LS1's dont trap around 101 and secondly a LT1 trappin 103 stock?lol its like saying M6 LS1's trap at 111 stock

did you just meant to say an LS1 C5 is faster than a LS1 f-body?

well, all things said, i'd be glad to race a catback and intake M6 LT1, and video tape it, since im just a slow LS1..

oh and remember its just an LS1
Honestly, no offense, but i think your an idiot. (I know your going to still take it bad though)

I said the LS1 f-body thing because i knew you were going to say something about racing a catback, CAI, LT1 your car. (of course, who didn't see that coming) Do you really think an A4 LS1 f-body is the same speed as an A4 LS1 corvette??? Wow, tool is all i have to say...

Your corvette that comes stock with 350 crank hp and that is much lighter than an f-body trapped 106 stock...Don't you think an A4 LS1 f-body that dyno less Rwhp and weigh less are going to trap slower than you??? Do you think 3-5Mph would be unrealistic? I guess so in your eyes. You know what, weight has nothing to do with racing, your right. An LS1 is an LS1. In an f-body, or in a corvette, they are the same speed. Seriously, if you believe that, i just feel bad for you. It's not worth getting into an argument over something like this.

As i was saying before if you could read. Read up as i mentioned A4 LS1 f-bodys should trap around 103. That's about where they should be at, but more commonly your looking at 101-102. Some less, as i have seen.

About the LT1 catback cai thing, they trap 103 sometimes a little less. My point is, they trap the same if not a little more than a stock f-body LS1 A4. With a catback and cai, that pushes the MPH up a little more making the LT1 faster...As i said, i doubt this LS1 had a full catback, most likely a muffler. (it was very quiet)

I have no idea why you would try to argue this. Read what im saying and think about it logically. Your making no sense at all. Your just trying to p*ss me off. What, do you think an A4 f-body LS1 traps 106-107 stock. Lol, yeah, im sure there trap speed is right there with your vette that has more hp and that is lighter...Give me a break.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Honestly, no offense, but i think your an idiot. (I know your going to still take it bad though)
How is calling someone an idiot not offensive?

I said the LS1 f-body thing because i knew you were going to say something about racing a catback, CAI, LT1 your car. (of course, who didn't see that coming) Do you really think an A4 LS1 f-body is the same speed as an A4 LS1 corvette??? Wow, tool is all i have to say...
In some cases, yes.....keep reading....

Your corvette that comes stock with 350 crank hp and that is much lighter than an f-body trapped 106 stock...Don't you think an A4 LS1 f-body that dyno less Rwhp and weigh less are going to trap slower than you??? Do you think 3-5Mph would be unrealistic? I guess so in your eyes. You know what, weight has nothing to do with racing, your right. An LS1 is an LS1. In an f-body, or in a corvette, they are the same speed. Seriously, if you believe that, i just feel bad for you. It's not worth getting into an argument over something like this.
You need to quit talking to people like they don't know anything when you are the one who is clueless. Everybody on this site Knows an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1...wether it be SS, WS6, Z28, formula, or Corvette, they all dyno the same, anywhere from 290rwhp to 315rwhp....you keep talking about the vette and its 350 crank hp, and how it dynos more rwhp ...clueless...Now, you were correct saying a vette will probably trap higher, but because of the Weight NOT rwhp, but not always...
As i was saying before if you could read. Read up as i mentioned A4 LS1 f-bodys should trap around 103. That's about where they should be at, but more commonly your looking at 101-102. Some less, as i have seen.

About the LT1 catback cai thing, they trap 103 sometimes a little less. My point is, they trap the same if not a little more than a stock f-body LS1 A4. With a catback and cai, that pushes the MPH up a little more making the LT1 faster...As i said, i doubt this LS1 had a full catback, most likely a muffler. (it was very quiet)

I have no idea why you would try to argue this. Read what im saying and think about it logically. Your making no sense at all. Your just trying to p*ss me off. What, do you think an A4 f-body LS1 traps 106-107 stock. Lol, yeah, im sure there trap speed is right there with your vette that has more hp and that is lighter...Give me a break.
You can ramble all you want about this bullshit, but the fact remains that anytime a catback, cia lt1 beats up on an ls1, there are going to be people that question it, b/c no matter what you babble about, a barely modded lt1 beating an ls1 is not the norm. I'm sorry this upsets you so much...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

everyone stop fighting....i beat the ls1 5 times in a row from a roll and a dig he has a full cat back...high flow cats and a magnaflow muffler its a auto 99 ls1 my car is a lt1 m6 ill post more vids if you guys want

the vid proves i beat him so get over it

and as for me keeping up with the bike on the freeway we were doing around 160 my speedo was past 150 for a while the bike was in 6th gear never down shifted
Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Good Kill.

When you get your car fixed you should come to the tustin market place on thursday's. We bring a few fbodys up there and then maybe you can run another ls1. Maybe even me. And tell your friend with the ls1 to come too.

ive seen your car there before i was there once and everyone was checking my car out and i was reving showing some kid how load my car was ill deff come down and say whats up once my car is back on the road im just waiting for my new rear end to come in

pre warning its not going to look pretty anymore my fender hood and bumper is ****** up
Old 11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Dude nice kill. I think the point that most people are tryn to make is it isn't the norm for a lightly modded LT1 car to beat a lightly modded LS1 car, no matter the transmission. I've had an a4 LS1 and now a m6, stock in the 1/8th they trapped very close. I don't know about the 1/4 cause I never had the auto there til the cam.

Have fun and be safe out there.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LoStOCeAnZ63
ive seen your car there before i was there once and everyone was checking my car out and i was reving showing some kid how load my car was ill deff come down and say whats up once my car is back on the road im just waiting for my new rear end to come in

pre warning its not going to look pretty anymore my fender hood and bumper is ****** up
What color is your car? I dont remember if i seen you. Oh yeah i'm heading there soon
Old 11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

ok internet tough guy...

TOOL? your the only tool here saying a stock ls1 traps 101... .

not worth getting into an arguement, yet your responding to my posts

you do realize that C5's usually dyno lower than ls1 f-bodies, and i guess my 2.73's have nothing to do with racing right? you do know that in racing, especially drag racing, a solid rear is better than a IRS right?

please, stop comparing a stock ls1 to lightly modded lt1, cause thats not the case here.

Your just trying to p*ss me off.
I think i already succeeded, by the fact that you called me a tool and an idiot..

What, do you think an A4 f-body LS1 traps 106-107 stock. Lol, yeah, im sure there trap speed is right there with your vette that has more hp and that is lighter...Give me a break.
get this through your little head..AN LS1 IS AN LS1 but i think you maybe a mag buff to think my vette is faster than a f-body, stock for stock..

i do agree with everybody here, saying its not the norm, cause its NOT, and to the OG, good kill man..
Old 11-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jpat1023
How is calling someone an idiot not offensive?

In some cases, yes.....keep reading....

You need to quit talking to people like they don't know anything when you are the one who is clueless. Everybody on this site Knows an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1...wether it be SS, WS6, Z28, formula, or Corvette, they all dyno the same, anywhere from 290rwhp to 315rwhp....you keep talking about the vette and its 350 crank hp, and how it dynos more rwhp ...clueless...Now, you were correct saying a vette will probably trap higher, but because of the Weight NOT rwhp, but not always...

You can ramble all you want about this bullshit, but the fact remains that anytime a catback, cia lt1 beats up on an ls1, there are going to be people that question it, b/c no matter what you babble about, a barely modded lt1 beating an ls1 is not the norm. I'm sorry this upsets you so much...
Ok, so basically with everything you just wrote, the only thing that you don't agree with me about is the Rwhp of a vette, compared to a Z28. You know what, that's fine. Technically, your right. I made the mistake of saying that vettes dyno more, but i was going by the 99 LS1 Z28 in the video, compared to the 02 LS1 vette the guy on this forum has. I should have been more specific. An 02 will dyno a little more due to the LS6 intake that comes stock. If i had to guess, i would say it puts down around 300-305Rwhp. The 99 Camaro being lower.

Now, as far as a barely modded LT1 beating an LS1 is normal in this case. That's what im trying to explain to you. The only people who it isn't normal too, are people that own LS1's. By the way, why do you keep saying a modded LT1 vs an LS1. That is not the case. The fact that the LS1 is an A4 and the LT1 being an M6 is a huge factor!! You haven't mentioned anything about this. Just that an LS1 losing to a barely LT1 is not normal...Well, no sh*t. As i have said about 3 times now, if the LS1 was a manual he would have won. Which means, a barely modded LT1 will not beat an LS1. Do you see how the transmission takes part in this??? Because apparently no one does and that's what we are talking about.

Stock M6 LT1's trap what i have already told you. With mods, they trap higher than an A4 LS1. That is perfectly normal. Do some research and you'll find plenty of people that trap 101 in there stock A4 LT1's. (That's a little on the high end, but it's been done. The normal A4 trap speeds are 99-100 like i got) A full catback and a cai can push your MPH up about 3. Hell, look at the guy with the vette that has not believed anything. He went from 106-109 with a catback and cai...I guess he is the only who can do that...

So, why is it hard to believe that an M6 LT1 with a full catback and cai can't trap 106? Because that is all it would need to take out an A4 f-body LS1...Sounds pretty normal to me. (As the video obviously shows)

What upsets me is that all of us are f-body fans and should treat every Camaro/Trans AM owner with respect, whether it comes down to a 305TBI or an LT1 Vs LS1. We need to respect what has happened and give credit where it is due. But no, when someone posts a video of them beating somebody, immediatly someone with that car will post and not agree. "Something was probably wrong with the car", or "i don't think he was flooring it the whole time." Come on, what kind of crap is that? You saw the video, he won and that is it. Say good kill and be on your way. If this was an LT1 beating a C6 vette, sure that would be weird. But these two cars are very evenly matched. To think something was wrong with the car, is just stupid and upsets the poster. I wouldn't want someone bashing my kill, especially if i had it on video...What does it take for an LT1 beating an LS1 kill to make sense? A video isn't enough, so i guess were going to need a 10 point inspection of the LS1 before the race. This way we know it's an LS1 and that it's "healthy."
Old 11-30-2006, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

103 stock?? around here there at 101 at best, but lets go by your numbers here for a sec. so your saying a catback, intake m6 lt1 would trap with those mods let say....oh 106. thats still only as fast as my A4 2.73 LS1.. and guess who would pull after the 1/4 because of top end? (i'll give you a hint..ls1)
Old 11-30-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

im sorry but i gotta call the BS FLAG on this one.... i done see anyway in hell that u beat an ls1 without a cam.... or atleast bolt ons... ive dusted so many lt1s... im auto...and i have raced m6 lt1s.... even wen i was stock.. i beat bolt on lt1s....i dunno maybe u have some super lt1...not trying to be mean, but i just dont see this happening....

Originally Posted by LoStOCeAnZ63
everyone stop fighting....i beat the ls1 5 times in a row from a roll and a dig he has a full cat back...high flow cats and a magnaflow muffler its a auto 99 ls1 my car is a lt1 m6 ill post more vids if you guys want
videos dont always prove anything... hes ur friend.. u guys could have easily stagged it...

go get ur car dynoed and see wat numbers its putting down.. and wen u see that dyno sheet say 279 rwhp dont think of posting in this thread again...or even mite want to change ur s/n

Last edited by stangkiller2005; 11-30-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
103 stock?? around here there at 101 at best, but lets go by your numbers here for a sec. so your saying a catback, intake m6 lt1 would trap with those mods let say....oh 106. thats still only as fast as my A4 2.73 LS1.. and guess who would pull after the 1/4 because of top end? (i'll give you a hint..ls1)
Jpat, so far you seem like the coolest guy and someone that will understand my point. So, i please ask to look what im dealing with here. Look what slow vette just posted that i quoted and read what i wrote before that. Seriously, it's no wonder i called him an idiot.

After everything i said, he is comparing his corvette stock MPH, to the M6 LT1. "thats still only as fast as my A4 2.73 LS1.. "

Jpat, we have already agreed that a vette will trap higher in the quarter due to weight. So, going by his godly car he can't stop talking about, it would be lower than 106mph. As mentioned plenty of times.

I know you see where im coming from jpat and please read what this guy is saying. He just said that M6 LT1's trap 101mph at best...Come on, i know you have to be on my side on this one....Same as you other people reading this.

Jpat, look at this new guy trying to argue now. He says, "no way he beat an LS1." Lol, i don't know what his mods are, but he ran a 13.4 @ 103 with 331Rwhp through an A4. Wow, just wow. That makes a lot of sense. An A4 LT1 with bolt ons (LT headers, full catback CAI, tune) will trap 103 in the 1/4 and dyno around 285Rwhp. Lol, from the looks of his sig, it takes him 331Rwhp to achieve that...Nice. Shows how much this guy knows...

Last edited by Z 2 8; 11-30-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Jpat, so far you seem like the coolest guy and someone that will understand my point. So, i please ask to look what im dealing with here. Look what slow vette just posted that i quoted and read what i wrote before that. Seriously, it's no wonder i called him an idiot.

After everything i said, he is comparing his corvette stock MPH, to the M6 LT1. "thats still only as fast as my A4 2.73 LS1.. "

Jpat, we have already agreed that a vette will trap higher in the quarter due to weight. So, going by his godly car he can't stop talking about, it would be lower than 106mph. As mentioned plenty of times.

I know you see where im coming from jpat and please read what this guy is saying. He just said that M6 LT1's trap 101mph at best...Come on, i know you have to be on my side on this one....Same as you other people reading this.
hey im just going by what i see at my track, just like what your going by, seeing ls1's trap at your track. im not trying to convince everyone here that every lt1 traps at 101..

my godly car? wtf are you talking about? your the one who is saying my vette is faster than a f-body...

now your just making no sense, but whatever floats your boat buddy

Last edited by Slow Vette; 11-30-2006 at 11:41 PM.