Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bone stock 06 sti death

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 AM
DSS
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flame war

Last edited by DSS; 06-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JimboManJones
turboback intake and reflash and I'll have 340 all wheel horsepower and 360 all wheel torque
He's close. If he changes the car to an 06 EVO and adds a MBC he should have 340awhp.

TBE and reflash will net him in the 300awhp range give or take. The intake isn't going to do much for him even tuned for it. The stock airbox has been shown to work for 400awhp so spending money on an intake for an STi as a power adder is as bad as spending the money on a BOV as a power adder.

In any case, the 1/8 mile is not your race against an AWD car. Even in the 1/4 mile I think it's going to be close race if he can drive (doesn't sound like it).

Save your penny and drop a 150 shot on your car and way bye bye to him.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Opinions?

I think he is a trash-talking little rich *******, and you have one hand tied behind your back. If this kids parents or whatever have the cash and inclination to get him an SRT4 and then turn around and buy an even faster car when he wrecks that, you probably screwed unless you have some financial backing or sell drugs. The STi is honestly a pretty shitty platform for drag racing. I've thoght so myself and an STi driver told me so up at Speedworld last time I was there. Their gearing is better for autoX and roadracing. Despite their full 25% displacement advantage, they dont make much more mod for mod than a Evo. IMHO, unless you want a totally stock DD or a autoX car, the Evo is better. And honeslty I consider an LS1 the better drag project than either if thats all you care about. But money is money, and as you put it this kid has the resouces to get about 60K worth of car. Thats some serious mod money.

I would either give up on that tool bag on go big. Get the shot. Get a tire. You can do that very safely for like a grandish. And then he will loose even with his "340WHP" LOL.

People also need to understand thet e-wisdom usually over inflates power numbers. Sorry, but I dont see him hitting 340 and 360 with those mods. Im sure he thinks so, but 100WHP with an intake and reflash and exhaust? No. I drive a turbo 2.4L AWD by the way.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00 Freak
Okaaaayyy why would that be "****** gay"? If i had the opportunity to put some **** talking evo in his place and race him from a roll, I'd do it!!! Until he gets some tires, or races him on a full 1/4 mile, i say try to get him to race from a roll and shut this guy up...
But if you beat a sti at its own game it feelsl awesome. Then he has no room to talk. I love to awd cars from a dig just to put them in their place.[/QUOTE]

I thought the car we're talkin about here is an STi... not an EVO.

Also, if the guy with the STi thinks hes getting 340awhp from an MBC, full exhaust and a tune, he is in a serious state of delirium. Maybe he's dreaming he has an EVO

BTW I love roll racing and from a dig. I actually prefer roll-ons though
Old 12-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
If he changes the car to an 06 EVO and adds a MBC he should have 340awhp.

Thats hilarious sir