Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by running from the cops (M3+RX7)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006 | 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onefastsunsetSS
i drive everyday like i'm aloud. until i get caught by the cops for running, i'll still keep saying you only need a license if u get pulled over.

if i had a license, i would never run from the cops. beleive me, people don't realize how nice it is to have a license. i'll know how it feels someday.
Maybe I missed it... but why don't you have a license to begin with?
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea why dont you have a license and how old are you? And if you somehow have insurance then i can somewhat understand but if you dont have insurance then i think thats ridiculous. I have a real problem with people like you(if you dont have insurance). It can really screw people over.
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol, i love the title of this thread!
Old 12-14-2006 | 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey THE_SUPRA have you ever posted pics of your cars? cuz i would really enjoy seeing some pics of those!
Old 12-31-2006 | 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Iv ran one time an yes i was pissing myself the whole way to my house and im ton affraid to admit it!!! THankfully there was 5 of us an 2 of them an other than the mustang i was racing the other cars were hondas so we went from a 1/4mile drag to about a 5 mile 165mph run down the freeway!!! it was fun as **** since it was my friend i was racing but damn scary!
Old 12-31-2006 | 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

i'm 23, i lost my license for constantly getting tickets riding minibikes, go karts, dirtbikes, etc. and yes, my car does have insurance. if i got into an accident, i would stop. but for a 4.6 crown vic, no
Old 01-01-2007 | 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAMcamaro
On the other hand, it's the same as running from a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your friends.
Old 01-01-2007 | 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

i've ran once. cop was about 1/2 mile back and he was comin' up on me quick. Had been speeding just prior and he must have seen me. I took a quick right and FLEW done a back road, he turned too but i already made another right. got so far ahead of his Crown Vic, took a left and got on a straight away. He had the lights goin' and i floored it. Left his weak *** 4.6 about 1.5-2 mile back in no time and went home. I don't think he saw the plates or a good view of the car because i drove around later that day and went right by him and he just looked at me and kept going. Never got anything for it though. I was scared and he adrenaline was pumpin' harcore. It was locally though. I'd never dream of it if i didn't know the area.
Old 01-01-2007 | 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
lol not to hijack or anything, but here in Virginia Beach, VA there is a yellow riced out honda civic undercover. tried to race me one night...when i laughed and turned him down he pulled the badge and said "good choice" =\ scarry night.
Don't they call that entrapment?

Atleast, around these parts they do. (Nevada)
Old 01-01-2007 | 10:27 AM
Teching In

I'm 2 times caught and 4 time I've gotten away, $2200 dollars is what this last run cost me. I got lost and decided it's better to stop then die in a ditch from not knowing the road. BTW it's not a feleony charge for evading.
Old 01-01-2007 | 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Holy crap what have you done to that stang to get that much torque?

I ran once.... was in my old mustang. Was comming up the highway going 7 over. Guy driving a box truck almost hits me so I wanted to get away from him so I put it in 3rd and floor it. Speed limit is 70 and comming around a bend in the highway I'm going about 100 and bam there's the cop sitting radaring on the right side grass. He puts his radar gundown and turns on the lights and gets ready to pull out...

I just kept in it figuring it'd take him some time to get into traffic and on the road. I got off at the next rest stop and parked the car and went inside to pee. I was so nervous that I was shaking and fully expected to see a cop car sitting when I came outside.

I waited 30 min then got back on the road... well guess what... 2 miles up the road ther he was sitting on the side of the highway radaring.... he just scowled at me when I went by... I don't know why he didn't pull me again.
Old 01-01-2007 | 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

:rofl: That's a good one. I ran locally once and the guy tried coming to my house when I was gone talking about how they were gonna be "lookin for me." I laughed because it was a newb that couldn't have been older than I am.
Old 01-01-2007 | 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

thats the worst part, knowing that theres gonna be that one time you actually get caught, i always wonder, will this be the time...thats what scares me
Old 01-01-2007 | 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Some good stories. One thing to keep in mind, if you run and get caught, you're going to pay the "runner's tax."
Old 01-02-2007 | 02:21 AM
On The Tree

i myself have ran once the second day i got my car which i begged for for 2 years. anyways it was on the way to school me and my buddy who was driving his moms car 06 bmw z4 wanted to run em and i agreed i was doin around 120 and he about 100-110 anyways cop spots us and i slow down then i knew he was gunna bust a U-E to come get us becuase i was with my same buddy the day before and we got pulled over the exact same way on the same street. we got out of it b/c his uncle is a cop. anyways back to the story. i slowed down to around 50 and i see him make the U-turn with his lights on i told my friend who was in the car with me i wasnt goin to stop becuase getting caught street racing/doin 120 in a 50 would not be good and i wasnt about to get my baby taken away from me! so anyways i floor it and i get the yellow light and my friend catches the red cop goes behind him and told him to slow the **** down and goes after me i squeeze inbetween some cars and punch it hit about 145 and seen the cop just coming over the bridge made a few turns and lost em'. it had to be the most adrenaline rush i have ever had / one of the scariest moments ever. cuase at one point during the turns it looked as if he were catching up.
Old 01-02-2007 | 02:33 AM
On The Tree

i also have a friend lol who drives a litlle rsx who managed to get away a few times so far. he was on his way to galveston for a party after work and was by himself cruisin @ 120 on I-45 and he passes a cop. he said he would have ran if the cop was stopped or what not. so he gets pulled over by a state trooper who drives an ls1 camaro. and the cop tells my friend, if he would've ran he would have cuaght him becuase "this baby is supercharged" ( refering to his camaro). anyways cop was nice to him and wrote on the ticked he was only doin 80 becuase he said he knew how it was being a teen.
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:35 AM
Banned

I was coming from San Antonio going to Killeen doing 80 on a 65 and my wife was sleeping I saw the cop (In a Eric Estrada Look alike Bike ) Shooting at me with the Laser Gun...I Turn The radio Up (So my LT's, ORY and LM won't wake up my wife) and I step on it . I saw the cop trying to get close on my r/v Mirror, But It was useless. It was about 4 or 5 P.M.
Old 01-02-2007 | 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by casado
I was coming from San Antonio going to Killeen doing 80 on a 65 and my wife was sleeping I saw the cop (In a Eric Estrada Look alike Bike ) Shooting at me with the Laser Gun...I Turn The radio Up (So my LT's, ORY and LM won't wake up my wife) and I step on it . I saw the cop trying to get close on my r/v Mirror, But It was useless. It was about 4 or 5 P.M.

so then wouldnt the radio wake your wife up???
Old 01-02-2007 | 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by casado
Takes some ***** to run from a bike (unless you know of a nearby gravel road )
BTW nice ******* ride
Old 01-02-2007 | 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawk108
so then wouldnt the radio wake your wife up???
I have 1 CD on my CD changer with her BS favorite music...Also she's Korean, Do You Know how hard is to wake a Korean up???
BoOsTeDeAgLe.....I was already doing 80, and he was standing still when he put the laser/radar away...and thanks for the complement

Quick Reply: I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by running from the cops (M3+RX7)