Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor Eurotrash , good kill!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a WS6 M6 and I put it in 5th and punched it and it went on up past 120 just fine. In 4th I am sure it would have SCREAMED! on by. Sounds odd that you have trouble past 120.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Launching!

5th is ok but for racing it sucks bigtime......

punch it in 5th an 6th in a m3 or m5 you will see the big difference
Old 01-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Launching!

It's pretty simple if you want to pull harder in 5th just a set of 4.11 gears away.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
He doesn't even have a 5th gear, way to pay attention. Its a 4 speed automatic, hence the reason he got walked at 140MPH. 4th gear is overdrive, and its too tall for racing, so the car falls flat out of the powerband.

If it was a 6 speed, he would have pulled the M3 right past 140, no problem.

The reason the Evo falls off in 5th is because it has no top end power. Its a 4 cylinder, its not going to pull like a freight train at higher speeds. 5th gear isn't even that tall, its probably like 4th gear in a T56, the Evo just has no power unless the RPM's are high enough to fully spool the turbos, which means you have to have it right near the redline.

Way to be completely wrong and then try and correct me. Also, please refrain from talking about things you clearly dont understand. No one is talking about top end power, the case we have here is the power is there but the gearing hurts it. I said the same thing happens with the EVO's 5th gear, regardless of actual power. The ratio is extraordinarily taller for 5th for an EVO and maybe the T56 in this case suffers from the same dilemma. The WS6 clearly has more power but its gearing in this case caused it to not exemplify that.

Also, the EVO has 1 turbo, not turbos and furthermore, the stock turbo is pretty small and spools fully before 3000rpm, it does not need to be anywhere near high RPMs.

Last edited by Electric; 01-11-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Electric
Way to be completely wrong and then try and correct me. Also, please refrain from talking about things you clearly dont understand. No one is talking about top end power, the case we have here is the power is there but the gearing hurts it. I said the same thing happens with the EVO's 5th gear, regardless of actual power. The ratio is extraordinarily taller for 5th for an EVO and maybe the T56 in this case suffers from the same dilemma. The WS6 clearly has more power but its gearing in this case caused it to not exemplify that.

Also, the EVO has 1 turbo, not turbos and furthermore, the stock turbo is pretty small and spools fully before 3000rpm, it does not need to be anywhere near high RPMs.
What not to understand?? That Evos are dogs at high speeds, and fall out of the powerband easily?? Sorry, thats common sense, its a 4 cylinder.

You're making a completely irrelevent comparison of gear ratios. The T56 has a 5th gear ratio of .74, and comes stock with 3.42 gears in the rear. The Evo has a 5th gear ratio of .72, with a 4.529 differential ratio. Thats a huge difference, and is the reason Evos turn ridiculously high RPM's on the highway at cruising speed. Just face it, its not the gear ratio's fault, its the motor's powerband. You ricers always have an excuse, its pathetic
Old 01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

What not to understand?? That Evos are dogs at high speeds, and fall out of the powerband easily?? Sorry, thats common sense, its a 4 cylinder.

You're making a completely irrelevent comparison of gear ratios. The T56 has a 5th gear ratio of .74, and comes stock with 3.42 gears in the rear. The Evo has a 5th gear ratio of .72, with a 4.529 differential ratio. Thats a huge difference, and is the reason Evos turn ridiculously high RPM's on the highway at cruising speed. Just face it, its not the gear ratio's fault, its the motor's powerband. You ricers always have an excuse, its pathetic
Um I think you're lost. Im not doing a comparison of T56 gears vs the EVO's gears. I said they share a similar problem, which OTHER members here who have M6's are AGREEING ON. Go back to your cave already. You only come here to look for an excuse to call people names (namely "ricers"). No one is talking sh*t or bragging.

The topend of stock EVOs sucks. Thats obvious. Thats not what we are talking about here. We're talking about the problem with the 5th gear ratio in relation to 4th.

Here is a race between LS1 and EVO from a roll. LS1 is a full bolt-on, M6 vs EVO with some bolt-ons and cams. The race is a dead heat thru 3rd and 4th gear.... until EVO hits 5th gear and all of a sudden you see the Camaro pull away, then Camaro shifts to 5th and long behold the EVO PASSES the Camaro at 150mph+, then they both brake. So much for 4cylinders not having top end huh? Whats your excuse for this one?

http://www.srvidz.com/evowned/barrywombat.wmv
Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Teching In

This video was made to show people the problem he is having with his car past 120mph. That is why he ran the M3 to 140+.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/634020-why-do-i-feel-like-fiat-after-120-a.html

It's a stock 2001 WS6 with a 6mt, clearly the car is having some odd problem since most ls1's will run to 140 and not break a sweat.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Teching In

I cant see what problem you could have only at high speeds.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sdm1234
wow i've never gotten my car that high to really comment on the situation. it sure did get there quick, but afterwards it looks like it ran outta breath.

Gears...
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Um I think you're lost. Im not doing a comparison of T56 gears vs the EVO's gears. I said they share a similar problem, which OTHER members here who have M6's are AGREEING ON. Go back to your cave already. You only come here to look for an excuse to call people names (namely "ricers"). No one is talking sh*t or bragging.

The topend of stock EVOs sucks. Thats obvious. Thats not what we are talking about here. We're talking about the problem with the 5th gear ratio in relation to 4th.

Here is a race between LS1 and EVO from a roll. LS1 is a full bolt-on, M6 vs EVO with some bolt-ons and cams. The race is a dead heat thru 3rd and 4th gear.... until EVO hits 5th gear and all of a sudden you see the Camaro pull away, then Camaro shifts to 5th and long behold the EVO PASSES the Camaro at 150mph+, then they both brake. So much for 4cylinders not having top end huh? Whats your excuse for this one?

http://www.srvidz.com/evowned/barrywombat.wmv
You're so stupid I don't even kow why I'm answering your post. You pull some random *** video off the internet, which you claim you somehow know ALL the details on, and thats the end to end all. So apparently a riced out Evo hung with an LS1 on this one occassion. Wow, were all impressed, now stop being so stupid, if thats even possible

I said in my previous post, which you obviously didn't read, that the Evo has no issue with its gear ratios except for lack of power. It has 4.52 gears in the diff for christs sake, what do you want, 5,60's?? You're retarded, the issue is not gearing. An LS1 with 4.10's has no issue pulling hard in 5th gear, yet the Evo, which has even more of an advantage in gearing, falls on its face.

Just face it, the Evos powerband is garbage, just like the rest of the car
Old 01-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Teching In

You're so stupid I don't even kow why I'm answering your post. You pull some random *** video off the internet, which you claim you somehow know ALL the details on, and thats the end to end all. So apparently a riced out Evo hung with an LS1 on this one occassion. Wow, were all impressed, now stop being so stupid, if thats even possible

I said in my previous post, which you obviously didn't read, that the Evo has no issue with its gear ratios except for lack of power. It has 4.52 gears in the diff for christs sake, what do you want, 5,60's?? You're retarded, the issue is not gearing. An LS1 with 4.10's has no issue pulling hard in 5th gear, yet the Evo, which has even more of an advantage in gearing, falls on its face.

Just face it, the Evos powerband is garbage, just like the rest of the car
That video is posted on EVOwned.com and the LS1 owner chimed in about it. Its legit. Sorry.

You need to go read some books and learn more about cars. You know nothing. BTW, the car with the issue doesnt have 4.10s

If my powerband is so bad why dont you come down to race me in my lowly stock turbo EVO? Because the race will prove nothing, other than I have a lot more top end? LOL Go home
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Mid
On The Tree

nice runs.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

That video is posted on EVOwned.com and the LS1 owner chimed in about it. Its legit. Sorry.

You need to go read some books and learn more about cars. You know nothing. BTW, the car with the issue doesnt have 4.10s

If my powerband is so bad why dont you come down to race me in my lowly stock turbo EVO? Because the race will prove nothing, other than I have a lot more top end? LOL Go home
Go home...once again *******, you are the one who needs to go home, back to your stupid Evo forums where people might actually want you.

I know more about vehicles than you will ever know. I've done engine and transmission swaps myself, on NICE cars, which is something you wouldn't understand. You get your car serviced at the dealership like a little bitch...you're probably 17 years old, 100lbs, and you use daddys money to buy mods for your piece of ****. I'm sure you also wear your hat sideways and bump to rap music. When you grow the **** up, maybe you will realize that Evos and Mitsbishis in general are garbage, and you will buy a real car.

Until then, GTFO, you are a worthless piece of trash import troll.

I already told you I'm not going to waste my time racing your piece of ****. Its pointless to beat up on a 4 door riced out economy car with a turbo, win or lose your car is still an ugly *** piece of ****, that sounds like a dirtbike, and my car is a respectable muscle car.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Go home...once again *******, you are the one who needs to go home, back to your stupid Evo forums where people might actually want you.

I know more about vehicles than you will ever know. I've done engine and transmission swaps myself, on NICE cars, which is something you wouldn't understand. You get your car serviced at the dealership like a little bitch...you're probably 17 years old, 100lbs, and you use daddys money to buy mods for your piece of ****. I'm sure you also wear your hat sideways and bump to rap music. When you grow the **** up, maybe you will realize that Evos and Mitsbishis in general are garbage, and you will buy a real car.

Until then, GTFO, you are a worthless piece of trash import troll.

I already told you I'm not going to waste my time racing your piece of ****. Its pointless to beat up on a 4 door riced out economy car with a turbo, win or lose your car is still an ugly *** piece of ****, that sounds like a dirtbike, and my car is a respectable muscle car.
Where do you get this stuff?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you get this stuff?
**** you guys are both really boring...stop your bitching and take the tampons out of your asses.

The bullshit drops when your right foot drops
Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by phrozen755
True, to bad TransAnimal does alot of trash talking but apparently has never raced to back his mouth up. Never seen any times from him.

BTW my stock turbo traps 120mph in the 1/4, now whats that about power and topend?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

too bad the f-body didn't get the mn12 tranny, 5th pulls very strong.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
True, to bad TransAnimal does alot of trash talking but apparently has never raced to back his mouth up. Never seen any times from him.

BTW my stock turbo traps 120mph in the 1/4, now whats that about power and topend?
I've raced plenty of people, just not import trolling **** on LS1Tech. Sorry if that included you.

I took my car to the track in the Spring and ran 13.4 @ 106.4MPH. Thats with I/E. Your shitbox Evo traps at 120MPH, wow, I'm real impressed that you've spent 40 grand to trap 120MPH in an ugly *** 4 door economy car

Go buy a real (i.e. respectable, not riced out) car, and then come back and talk ****.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phrozen755
**** you guys are both really boring...stop your bitching and take the tampons out of your asses.

I think its obvious who the trouble maker on here is.

Hint: its the assclown with the Evo in his Avatar that talks **** about Domestics and brags about imports like its his job.

Bitch to him, not me, I'm with you on liking American cars with real engines and real power, not pieces of **** from the land of rice, with huge wings and 4 cylinder engines