Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500 clowns are being idiots, check this out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kid that has the damn t/a is trying to tune it with no wide ban. I cant believe it didnt blow up.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
All the sources I seen say the stock GT500 runs ~12.7 in the quarter and that the stock C5 Zo6 runs ~ 12.5 if I remember correctly. I'm shure there is at least one stock Zo6 in the 11's.
Stock c5 z06s have run elevens. Do a search on corvetteforum. Good drivers also run mid to high 12's with stock m6 c5 coupes.

The GT500 makes great power, unfortunatley it is slow because its fantastic powerplant resides in an undeserving, heavy, poorly designed automobile. The '03-'04 Cobras are a much better car.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Gt500 has 15#'s of boost. (I Know)

Story is.... a couple weeks ago I beat him by like 1 car length. He bitch and complained that it was his tune. So he wanted a rematch so I decided ok what the hell. Well we had bad weather for 2 weeks and it finally cleared up I get call and we met. Well his car is completely different. All he claimed was that he got it tuned. Found out and yes he does admit it now that during the break he put a pulley to give 15#'s out of the blower and CAI. Thats why it wasnt close. I wish I had the money to do something like that but for a full time college student with no money it is kinda hard. All i wanted was to see a race with his tune better. I didnt know that he was gonna pull a scam like this and make me look bad all over the net.

As for the town i live in, every1 here dwells on drama and doesnt tend to give full facts. Im getting called a sore loser because I speak the truth and he has admitted to it to. Go figure . As for Me running a 12.2 I have no idea where that came from my car has had 0 1/4 time with my mods now. As for the wideband I am in desperate need (no cash) and reason why I havnt gone to track. It was a fluke that this happened first street race in about a year.

I

Last edited by KrazyWS6; 01-25-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KrazyWS6
Gt500 has 15#'s of boost. (I Know)
im going to take a HUGE out of the blue guess and say that ur the same Krazy on ac.com?

so if anyone has questions about his t/a i guess now is the time to ask...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Im still trying to figure out how you had the money for a procharger but no money for a wideband...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan1985
Im still trying to figure out how you had the money for a procharger but no money for a wideband...
i heard a story of how he got the money, but being second hand information im not gonna post and look like a dumbass when its completely not true maybe hell post up how he got the money and disprove or prove what i heard?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

He just feels he's scammed because he got taken to school in the world of street racing. I'm sure if you asked Tony would put that stock pulley back on since in order for it to be fair it needs to be an all stock GT500 v. a modded to hell TA. It's ok man tell us how you really feel about it. Actually i'm sure Tony would even video tape that one to show the results. If he cared that much about putting the hurt on your he'd bring out the turbo fox and we'd see the little spec on the horizon that is the PROCHARGED TA lol.

Get over it man, it's over....very very over...

William
Old 01-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by will69camaro
He just feels he's scammed because he got taken to school in the world of street racing. I'm sure if you asked Tony would put that stock pulley back on since in order for it to be fair it needs to be an all stock GT500 v. a modded to hell TA. It's ok man tell us how you really feel about it. Actually i'm sure Tony would even video tape that one to show the results. If he cared that much about putting the hurt on your he'd bring out the turbo fox and we'd see the little spec on the horizon that is the PROCHARGED TA lol.

Get over it man, it's over....very very over...

William
Old 01-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Staging Lane

Arrow

Originally Posted by M3Corvette
I like the GT500, but the car is SLOW even with the bolt-ons! To much weight and too slow!
LoL !!

Did you notice who lost the race or was he too far back there

Silas - I heard the same story most likely but I'll keep quiet as well

Ryan1985 - LOL
Old 01-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Krazy (owner of the TA) made a big mistake. He posted a kill of a GT500 on our local board when the GT500 had a bad hesitation problem caused by using an SCT launch limiter (two-step) scheme that won't work on that car. How do I know? I installed it. I was developing a tune for the car at the time. Then we had a period of bad weather, a pulley and cold air that had been ordered long before apparently arrived and were installed by the owner, I found what was causing the problem with the GT500, fixed it, finally tuned it with a wide band and sent him on his merry way. Then the rematch with video, at which time the TA got whipped NOT because of the cold air and pulley, but because the GT500 was running right, really right.

The TA is what it is--low boost, low compression street car with probably a very conservative tune. As such, it obviously isn't going to be as strong as the other cars with a ProCharger. But it could be, and will be when the owner decides to pulley it up and get serious with it. No problem with that.

The error the TA owner made was making a big deal over the first race when the GT500 was sick. The GT500 owner taught him a lesson, plain and simple.

And yes, I am going to help the guys with the TA some with their tune this weekend, maybe, but the truth is that at low boost with low compression, the car isn't going to run as well as a 10-15 psi Procharger car. The combination just isn't right yet on the car, and if I was on a tight budget, I would do the same thing. Couple the current TA combination with what I think is a near perfect GT500 and you get that video.

I have a Mustang and an LS1 by the way. I even have a Dodge Charger. I love 'em all.

Joe
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Staging Lane

Bait'N'Beat'R (TM)
Old 01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChevySPEED
Bait'N'Beat'R (TM)
$395 installed, every Ford guy needs one!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
11 Second Club

I have seen a stock GT 500 run 12.0s with just the addition of drag tires. That was how good I managed to do when I added et streets to my 01 Z06.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Joe Lynch
Krazy (owner of the TA) made a big mistake. He posted a kill of a GT500 on our local board when the GT500 had a bad hesitation problem caused by using an SCT launch limiter (two-step) scheme that won't work on that car. How do I know? I installed it. I was developing a tune for the car at the time. Then we had a period of bad weather, a pulley and cold air that had been ordered long before apparently arrived and were installed by the owner, I found what was causing the problem with the GT500, fixed it, finally tuned it with a wide band and sent him on his merry way. Then the rematch with video, at which time the TA got whipped NOT because of the cold air and pulley, but because the GT500 was running right, really right.

The TA is what it is--low boost, low compression street car with probably a very conservative tune. As such, it obviously isn't going to be as strong as the other cars with a ProCharger. But it could be, and will be when the owner decides to pulley it up and get serious with it. No problem with that.

The error the TA owner made was making a big deal over the first race when the GT500 was sick. The GT500 owner taught him a lesson, plain and simple.

And yes, I am going to help the guys with the TA some with their tune this weekend, maybe, but the truth is that at low boost with low compression, the car isn't going to run as well as a 10-15 psi Procharger car. The combination just isn't right yet on the car, and if I was on a tight budget, I would do the same thing. Couple the current TA combination with what I think is a near perfect GT500 and you get that video.

I have a Mustang and an LS1 by the way. I even have a Dodge Charger. I love 'em all.

Joe
Great to see you over here Joe.

+ it's good to hear the whole story from someone involved...
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Angus--The SCT launch limiter (two step) that works perfectly on the '04 and older cars doesn't work on the '05 up cars if anyone asks. If I hadn't have tried it, the GT500 would have walked the TA the first time and none of this would have gotten posted by anyone.

I've got the turbo car going OK now, but am moving the MAF to the discharge tube this weekend, then a retune, then I will run it if the weather is OK. We have had snow off and on for the last couple of weeks.

Don't tell my Ford buddies that I have an LS1 and a Dodge.

Joe
Old 01-25-2007, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Lynch

Joe

I can see the race ending like it did in this circumstance. Let the guy get a tune and do it again and post the vid, it will be a little different.

ChevySPEED, cute sig.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bait'N'Beat'R (TM)
Old 01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Teching In

LoL !!

Did you notice who lost the race or was he too far back there

Silas - I heard the same story most likely but I'll keep quiet as well

Ryan1985 - LOL
LOL Yes, but I'm not talking about that race! I am looking at getting a GT500 for spring/early summer, but I still say it's slow (stock) for a 500hp car. Weight is it's big disadvantage, but it's cheap to mod. My C6 Z ran low 11's stock (alot lighter) and 10's with a few bolt-ons.

I don't play the "I hate Ford because I drive a Chevy" or the " I hate Chevy" game. I'm not brand loyal. I am lucky enough to be able to buy what I want when I want. If I say something to knock a car, it's usually from experience and about my own ride!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Man, that GT put it on Krazy!

Krazy, you just can't quit with the lies can you? So you KNOW the GT is making 15psi? HOW DO YOU KNOW? HUH? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Truth is, we don't even know. The factory guage pegs at 15psi FROM THE FACTORY...and Ford only pullied it for 8.5psi max at sea level. Remember, we're at 5-7000 DA! Other cars with the same combo have seen anywhere from 10.5-13psi...nowhere near your claimed 15. Quit lying, sack up and I'll quit busting on you.

As for everyone else here...Great Site!! Sorry I waded into your pool and pissed in it. I currently own an LS1 too, so all the Ford bashing/Chevy bashing isn't really up my alley. Just hope we can all see eye to eye in that we like to talk cars!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Let the guy get a tune and do it again and post the vid, it will be a little different.
I don't think just a tune will change the outcome too much.

Nice sig yourself! So all that stuff in there is long gone?

M3 - It's good to see you are not Brand Loyal...most people are not until they get on internet forums and try to be the baddest on the net.

Boost- Krazy had his bino's up from back there and he was watching your gauges