Voters: 416. You may not vote on this poll

Cash or street cred?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fbodyfreek
orginially posted by rbrcka

around here you lose your license for six months and get your car impounded. you usually have to cough up about 2Gs to get it out.

thanks for the replies, keep em coming
Where are you located in SC? I have just moved down the Wilmington NC and just got the car moved down here and will be up and running shortly. Id be willing to make a few treks down to the dirty south if some good change was involved? What kind of cars you have down there? Im just a little cam only lt1 on possibly a 18" drag or maybe a 26" e/t....anything in my league? Just wanna get some racing going.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trust
I think I was 15 or MAYBE 16 when that movie came out and honestly I like it. It blew up the street racing scene, and made a ton of sales for used Honda's and Mitsubishi's! I probably watch it once or twice a year now, it has good entertainment value. Kind of like triple x, horrible movie, great action value.

Everyone I know runs for the credit, and they usually are big hitters, everyone gets along, its good. I'm working on getting in on the local scene here so we will see how that goes.
Im going to disagree with anyone who has said that movie has improved the street racing scene. Street racing use to be very hush hush and private. Happened late at night or real early in the morning on a nice non-traffic'ed road without lines of cars on the side of the street. For one it seems like every local spot where races could be set up at are now being runned off by cops because of stupid "fast and furious" kids trying to drift or see how loud their sound system is or revvin' their lawnmowers...oops i mean vtaaakkk! Two, it has drawn alot more attention to the fuzz about the scene because everyone and their mother practically has seen it and some...i say some dumb kids take out their 16sec cavi's and race them down the street stop light to stop light and weve in and out of traffic almost causing accidents.

And is anyone else just greatly annoyed at has MOST imports or shitty domestics sound with a dang fart can???

There i have said my two cents and now i hope some of you see it from my view and take my side in thinking this vid did nothing but hurt the scene.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black97z28
Im going to disagree with anyone who has said that movie has improved the street racing scene. Street racing use to be very hush hush and private. Happened late at night or real early in the morning on a nice non-traffic'ed road without lines of cars on the side of the street. For one it seems like every local spot where races could be set up at are now being runned off by cops because of stupid "fast and furious" kids trying to drift or see how loud their sound system is or revvin' their lawnmowers...oops i mean vtaaakkk! Two, it has drawn alot more attention to the fuzz about the scene because everyone and their mother practically has seen it and some...i say some dumb kids take out their 16sec cavi's and race them down the street stop light to stop light and weve in and out of traffic almost causing accidents.

And is anyone else just greatly annoyed at has MOST imports or shitty domestics sound with a dang fart can???

There i have said my two cents and now i hope some of you see it from my view and take my side in thinking this vid did nothing but hurt the scene.
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think fast and the furious was stupid.... lol watch the movie Redline.... very gay. Hell I almost couldn't sit through it... thank god for the other people making fun of it too. They had some bad *** cars in the movie (trashed most of them) but it was still horrific...

I hardly ever race on the street in my DD but I dont mind it once and a while. I had a C5 vette pull up next to me the other day when I was in my 01 BMW M5 (400hp stock). He heard me get on it a little bit at the previous light and asked if my car was fast. I said it isn't slow but my vette was a lot faster and gave him a smile. He gave me a nod and we ran from a dig up to 100. Needless to say he was shocked that I beat him. For a 4000 lb 4 door saloon the M5 is a extreme sleeper unless you know what the M stands for. lol

When my 3000 lb LS1 powered 84 vette rolls out of the garage I'm lookin for prey... muhahahahaha No body wants to race though... i guess roasting the tires at 60+ scares them off.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Im going to disagree with anyone who has said that movie has improved the street racing scene. Street racing use to be very hush hush and private. Happened late at night or real early in the morning on a nice non-traffic'ed road without lines of cars on the side of the street.
Most intelligent thing said in this whole thread. The guy you replied to sounds like one of the kids that bring the heat on the real street racers. We have more problems with kids running around in Cobras and LS1s w/ exhaust than the imports. They're smart enuff to know not to hang in certain lots...the domestic kiddies aren't.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mongse
Most intelligent thing said in this whole thread. The guy you replied to sounds like one of the kids that bring the heat on the real street racers. We have more problems with kids running around in Cobras and LS1s w/ exhaust than the imports. They're smart enuff to know not to hang in certain lots...the domestic kiddies aren't.
No doubt. And i see you are from the IL. That is what i was referring to, im previously from there, the orland pard/Joliet area and thats all you get is stupid idiots where everyone believes they own a race car
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I ruin the end of films...

No doubt. And i see you are from the IL. That is what i was referring to, im previously from there, the orland pard/Joliet area and thats all you get is stupid idiots where everyone believes they own a race car
I'm from the wrong end of the state (southern ), over by STL. I hear all the domestic ricer horror stories from chitownracing though. Haven't been to Chicago to do some racing in several years, but it was always a fun time. Should be up there at least once for an RSD or SCC.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Only for fun, I got nothing to prove to no one. Nowadays one or two quick runs with a few bro's that I know and I'm gone anymore. When I start to see ricers doing doughnuts in the street I'm definitely gone, they seem to like bringing attention to themselves with all the cop's.

same thing goes on around here. All of the big boys come out to play and as soon as one person rips tire we all head out to some other location. Goddamn ricers need to hang with there own crowd and get themselves in trouble and leave us alone.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kpforce1
You think fast and the furious was stupid.... lol watch the movie Redline.... very gay. Hell I almost couldn't sit through it... thank god for the other people making fun of it too. They had some bad *** cars in the movie (trashed most of them) but it was still horrific...

I hardly ever race on the street in my DD but I dont mind it once and a while. I had a C5 vette pull up next to me the other day when I was in my 01 BMW M5 (400hp stock). He heard me get on it a little bit at the previous light and asked if my car was fast. I said it isn't slow but my vette was a lot faster and gave him a smile. He gave me a nod and we ran from a dig up to 100. Needless to say he was shocked that I beat him. For a 4000 lb 4 door saloon the M5 is a extreme sleeper unless you know what the M stands for. lol

When my 3000 lb LS1 powered 84 vette rolls out of the garage I'm lookin for prey... muhahahahaha No body wants to race though... i guess roasting the tires at 60+ scares them off.
I think fast and furious was a great ploy by the govenment to save kids lives. F & F caused a lot of our youth to turn to the import scene.... a scene with slow cars that cost an arm and a leg to make fast. Just think if all those kids instead of buying a new civic.... went and got an lt1. Those kids would then be able to buy the few mods it takes to make those run 12's.

I hate to imagine how many accidents and deaths there would be if thousands of stupid teenagers were running around with 12 second and faster cars!! The reason I went import is because I can afford it.... and I just love the looks I get from guys like this who thinks his vette is fast. Especially on ls1tech... if your car isn't making at least 600rwhp I wouldn't brag about it!!! Unless you have a c6z.... then you can brag all you want!!!!