Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

saturn ion redline vs 93 z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redlines and cobalts are a huge waste IMO, for the price you paid you could have gotten a nice used Ws6 or somthing.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
lightly modded f body's are not that fast. i get my friend by by two to three cars everytime from 40. his camaro lt1 has lt, ory, catback, cai.
nowaithatsbsnowayyoubeatalt1

Maybe his clutch was slipping, maybe he was in street trim, maybe he missed a gear, maybe he isn't the best driver out there but he's learning, maybe his car is setup for drifting, maybe his cousin's boyfriend has a car that could smoke yours, maybe his AC was on, maybe the Z28 had twice as many cylinders, maybe his car wasn't spooling up, maybe when he gets a tune he will run 11's
Old 01-27-2007, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sdm1234
I did a quick search and found some videos pertaining to these Saturns and how fast they really are. From the looks of it, I'm not very impressed.

Click here to see Video <<< SLOWEST 140 run I've ever seen...
That's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen
Old 01-27-2007, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

sdm - good research on the videos..

what those videos show is how pathetic they are...

What I don't get, is most ION/Cobalt/other retarded car owners are thinking?
Why would they pull up next to me at a stoplight, hear how bad my car lopes, see the drag rims & drag tires in the back (sometimes on the street) and then still try to race me?

I bet they will all give an excuse though and say that their clutch was slipping otherwise he would have ran a 10.3 and beat me. on the street.

Yet I rarely see domestics giving out b.s. excuses for every loss??? When I lose, I lose, the guy was faster and beat me fair and square unless it is something obvious (he leaves on first honk or my engine blew up.).

Ion/Cobalt owners need to go back to the spa and finish spending their mod money getting frosted tips, manicures, and designer haircuts so they look good driving by, since we all know how slow they are people will be able to stare at them for quite some time.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey if Saturn whips Honda than more power to them, it is about time GM takes over the "tuner" car market and factory superchargers are a damn good start.

It put Cobra's back on the map because that supercharger is a damn good start for mods.

Now if the Sky and Solstice start to smack down MX-5's, S2000's, and all of the other imports in that market it would be seriously cool.

I wish them the best because it would be awesome to see a hot looking GM (I am sorry the S2000 isn't anywhere near as attractive as a Solstice or a Sky) beating them out.

They just need to work around the 700 pound disadvantage they have there. Hence a stock SC is a good place to start.

Now if the Cobolt beats a Civic Type-G (for gay) than again I wish them all the luck in the world.

None of them stand a chance against a GM 4th gen F-Body though. Not a chance in the world, it is like comparing apples to APPLES.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sdm1234
IClick here to see Video <<< I've taken down Stage-1 SRT-4s back in the day and so have MANY other people on the boards.
wow that guys face was priceless when the skittle pulled like a train passed him. looks a bit like Johnny Drama (kevin dillon).
Old 01-27-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FoxNotch
wow that guys face was priceless when the skittle pulled like a train passed him. looks a bit like Johnny Drama (kevin dillon).

HAHA I didn't even see that!! It looked like he just saw a ghost or something! SCARED AS SH*T!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Hey if Saturn whips Honda than more power to them, it is about time GM takes over the "tuner" car market and factory superchargers are a damn good start.

It put Cobra's back on the map because that supercharger is a damn good start for mods.

Now if the Sky and Solstice start to smack down MX-5's, S2000's, and all of the other imports in that market it would be seriously cool.

I wish them the best because it would be awesome to see a hot looking GM (I am sorry the S2000 isn't anywhere near as attractive as a Solstice or a Sky) beating them out.

They just need to work around the 700 pound disadvantage they have there. Hence a stock SC is a good place to start.

Now if the Cobolt beats a Civic Type-G (for gay) than again I wish them all the luck in the world.

None of them stand a chance against a GM 4th gen F-Body though. Not a chance in the world, it is like comparing apples to APPLES.

they are making a turbocharged Solstice/sky thats supossed to run a 14 flat at 98mph.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Publix
redlines and cobalts are a huge waste IMO, for the price you paid you could have gotten a nice used Ws6 or somthing.
I disagree. While a ws6 is a nicer car for sure. A cobalt imo is a better dd and unlike a ws6 i can drive it in the snow. But I do agree that modifying them is a waste of money. The platform needs way to many upgrades to be even remotely fast and capable of not breaking all the time.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
I disagree. While a ws6 is a nicer car for sure. A cobalt imo is a better dd and unlike a ws6 i can drive it in the snow. But I do agree that modifying them is a waste of money. The platform needs way to many upgrades to be even remotely fast and capable of not breaking all the time.
I agree about a DD to some extent, but I really guess it depends on what you want to get out of the car.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by craparo
sdm - good research on the videos..

what those videos show is how pathetic they are...

What I don't get, is most ION/Cobalt/other retarded car owners are thinking?
Why would they pull up next to me at a stoplight, hear how bad my car lopes, see the drag rims & drag tires in the back (sometimes on the street) and then still try to race me?

I bet they will all give an excuse though and say that their clutch was slipping otherwise he would have ran a 10.3 and beat me. on the street.

Yet I rarely see domestics giving out b.s. excuses for every loss??? When I lose, I lose, the guy was faster and beat me fair and square unless it is something obvious (he leaves on first honk or my engine blew up.).

Ion/Cobalt owners need to go back to the spa and finish spending their mod money getting frosted tips, manicures, and designer haircuts so they look good driving by, since we all know how slow they are people will be able to stare at them for quite some time.
If i pulled up to you on the street id rev at you just to see how bad id get killed and more so to see a nasty car in action. Not everyone that wants to race thinks they are gonna win. Also cobalts and ion's are domestic.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

^^^^ 100% agree

I have had times where i come up to a built vette or something and rev at them....i just wanna see the nasty thing take off thats all lol
Old 01-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FoxNotch
I agree about a DD to some extent, but I really guess it depends on what you want to get out of the car.
That's all I want out of it, nothing more. It's just a lease. I wanted something with enough power to get out of its own way though and that's why I got the supercharged cobalt instead of an L.S. I can deal with a 14 sec dd. A 16 sec dd would drive me insane.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Old 01-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
That's all I want out of it, nothing more. It's just a lease. I wanted something with enough power to get out of its own way though and that's why I got the supercharged cobalt instead of an L.S. I can deal with a 14 sec dd. A 16 sec dd would drive me insane.
If you really wanted a cheap DD you should have gotten a $1000 Crx that was in somewhat good shape, then swap in a B16a for $1500 and have a 13 second DD that sips gas and can hold its own against most cars.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

If you really wanted a cheap DD you should have gotten a $1000 Crx that was in somewhat good shape, then swap in a B16a for $1500 and have a 13 second DD that sips gas and can hold its own against most cars.
don't like the way crx's look. Never said I wanted a cheap dd.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

um the lt1 is my good friend so yeah it wasn't at the track it was on the street.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i bought i new car never used and beat to **** for 22,000 loaded xm, sunroof, onstar, side curtain airbags, lsd. sure seems like a waste to me
Old 01-27-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what is the key ingredent in those vids most of them are stock i never said the would walk on ls1's at ANYTIME. i simple said bs most drivers don't trap 92 and 94 mph in the 1/4 and that his car would not pull on one like that
Old 01-27-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG who let the ricer in?