Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra VS. TRANS AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what did the supra end up making power wise? And the TA's final numbers too?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jdm-andy
so what did the supra end up making power wise? And the TA's final numbers too?
628 rwhp @ 26 psi on pump gas and methanol. This is how I daily drive the car. I had a oil line problem so when that is fixed I am going back to dyno on race gas and higher boost and also on the nitrous.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

In for the fun! Comming from supras i am excited to see what happens.

I think the MKIV will take it.

Josh
Old 02-09-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

i like supras SO much but....they cost a tad to much for me and i could get the same results you got with your 67mm turbo with a ported blower on my cobra...to each their own of course. that paint is insane btwq
Old 02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from a dig the TA. from a roll maybe the supra. 2 very fast rides i like them both. i doubt you was pulling really quick back on him. and a larger turbo doesnt always mean quicker. the *** dyno can lie. im sure you know what your doing being you already have made the car quick. but that size turbo will take a bit longer to fully spool. i would almost imagine your slower in the 1/4 et wise but probly trap a hell of alot quicker? i could be wrong.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

cedric has a bad *** car for sure... i cant wait to see it at the track if he takes it to maui.. lined up next to me!! speedboat (1fastransam) can roll race all he wants, i like the track. Hope to see you there cedric..

oh yea, seen ya at the gas station on SB the other day, the car looked killer. What color you changing it to?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Lol

one thing is for sure. everyone here is faster than a 350z oh and ChocoTaco369. nothing wrong with Verts. esp when they ran faster than you stock.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
i like supras SO much but....they cost a tad to much for me and i could get the same results you got with your 67mm turbo with a ported blower on my cobra...to each their own of course. that paint is insane btwq
Yeah...but a 67mm is a small single on a Supra.

About the outcome, I believe the TA will get owned easily. That Supra will be doing 138-140mph traps on boost alone.

His first post was awful. No need to talk **** unless the other person gives you a reason to.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Yeah...but a 67mm is a small single on a Supra.

About the outcome, I believe the TA will get owned easily. That Supra will be doing 138-140mph traps on boost alone.

His first post was awful. No need to talk **** unless the other person gives you a reason to.
in case you missed the first post... the TA already has a win on the supra, the supra is a bad ***, but dont take anything away from the TA Either.. it might not be a DSM, but its still a badass
Old 02-09-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah chris told me it started to sprinkel when they raced! Cedric said hewas all over the Rd got on and off the throttle a few time and started to run him down! MPH dosnt lie! MPH is what wins on the street! If cedric trap anything above 130mph i dont see a 500whp f-body running that mph! sorry But it still will be fun

Originally Posted by FEARSM
LOL..good run. First of all I have an automatic so there is no way I dropped down any gears. Secondly you were about a car length ahead when you took the hit but thats cool because if you chase you race. Thirdly, I spun pretty bad and the car got sideways so I let off then got back in it. There was no traffic in front of you so I dont know why you let off early. I was coming up pretty good on you. I get off at 11pm at night and I go that way every night. If you want to run again hit me up in a pm. Hopefully it wont be wet out tonight. Nice run though.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Launching!

supras = dyno queens
Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we want damn videos!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
from a dig the TA. from a roll maybe the supra. 2 very fast rides i like them both. i doubt you was pulling really quick back on him. and a larger turbo doesnt always mean quicker. the *** dyno can lie. im sure you know what your doing being you already have made the car quick. but that size turbo will take a bit longer to fully spool. i would almost imagine your slower in the 1/4 et wise but probly trap a hell of alot quicker? i could be wrong.
Yep..you are wrong. We were going roll. MPH is the kicker on that and this turbo makes more power up top, especially with the headwork I had done. I picked this turbo for a reason. The spool is not far off from my 67. Plus I have nitrous to spool the turbo up if I need it. I dont have a problem going from a dig with the auto. LOL, without a video you really dont know how I was pulling on him cause you werent there. I had to let off the throttle completely to get the car straight. Hell since the tune I can't go WOTM on street tires even if it is dry. Video will come next time so the bench racing can stop.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Amazing cars on both sides. I can't wait for the vid. The Supra needs to redeem itself, and IMO he won't have too much trouble doing that. Still rooting for the TA, though. Good luck fellas.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

Just because you have the power doesn`t mean it will hook on the street. Thats why alot of lower horsepower cars run better on the street sometimes. No hooky no quicky! I know because I have the same problem with my 408 and spray on the street. Really hard to hook. At the track with my ET Drags I **** and get! Put a big shot on the 408 and bust ***. you can easily make 650-750rwhp depending on shot size. My 200 shot gets me 225rwhp on my 408. Good luck and be safe when ya`ll race!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

raced last light Supra wins
Old 02-10-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm,Feb 10 2007, 04:13 AM
we ran again along with an EVO8 the kid whoms plates say 8urv8.. The EVO got stomped to say the very least. Ced and I where very close. I pulled on him at first by 1/2 to 1 car and toward the end when we had to get out of it due to a big curve he had 1/2 to 1 car on me. I was in 3rd when we ended. I wish we would have had more room I was very fun. Then I got pulled over for racing by hpd.. and NO ticket. so lucky me
[snapback]30863[/snapback]
Good run! Ced what was your set up last night? how much Boost? any meth,n20????

Last edited by SIC LSX; 02-10-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
Good run! Ced what was your set up last night? how much Boost? any meth,n20????
I was running pump. I tried spraying ealier that night just for spool and the car just gets squirrely. Still pulls like a frieght train though At the beginning of this race the car spun a bit so he jumped out a lil bit. Once I let of the gas, straightened the car up and got back on it I started to pull. I let out about a car and a half up. Next time I will make sure the car doesnt spin. We ran less than an 1/8 of a mile so it wasnt much of a run.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do 25 PSI a favor and tea bag him.
Originally Posted by 25psi
I have a feeling its not going to be the same result this time. Better keep your mouth closed, I see some nuts coming!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

so less then a 1/8th mile you spun and ran him down and passed him? Damn that thing is quick!

Quick Reply: Supra VS. TRANS AM