Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra VS. TRANS AM

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FEARSM
Did you read anything besides the first post?
No....cliff notes?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

The Ls1 Can Never Lose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Originally Posted by BTNH
The Ls1 Can Never Lose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Dude I so hope that was a joke. I love my LS car but they are not unbeatable.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the supra has 100 more hp without the nitrous! So with chris not having any nitrous it will be hard for him to win! If chris "1FastTransAM get nitrous then he will win! But this N/A Trans Am vrs a 29 or more lbs of boost with basicly 3 power adders Turbo, meth/alcohol and Nitrous! So You need some N20 to win
Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

spray it and stop all this ****!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

8 > 6 its that simple people !!!!!!!!!! You can make a V6 mustang the same as a supra if you wanted to, theres a reason why they call it the poopra!!!! No offense fear.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

8 > 6 its that simple people !!!!!!!!!! You can make a V6 mustang the same as a supra if you wanted to, theres a reason why they call it the poopra!!!! No offense fear.

Dude are u smoking crack.. I would own that and a few other Supras around here in a heart beat.. Hell I would own one period before I owned a mustang esp a V6 one. Now a 04 Cobra and we MAY have a different story.. But I would still take Fearsums Supra over a supped up Cobra anyday.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
the supra has 100 more hp without the nitrous! So with chris not having any nitrous it will be hard for him to win! If chris "1FastTransAM get nitrous then he will win! But this N/A Trans Am vrs a 29 or more lbs of boost with basicly 3 power adders Turbo, meth/alcohol and Nitrous! So You need some N20 to win

On the track hell yeah I would need Spray.. I am hoping it wont be to bad on the streets when we get a TRUELY good run. I will get spray but not till I get my rear end and a roll bar. and a TRACK... till then no real point in doing so.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Launching!

You are retarded. It is definitely not that simple. The inline configuration is extremely powerful. Why do you think almost ALL heavy duty diesels are I6?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
Dude I so hope that was a joke. I love my LS car but they are not unbeatable.
Yank out the LSX and put in a SRT-4 motor and you will be God!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yank out the LSX and put in a SRT-4 motor and you will be God!

sweet id be super slow then... YES and it would be a NEON now
Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chadder
You are retarded. It is definitely not that simple. The inline configuration is extremely powerful. Why do you think almost ALL heavy duty diesels are I6?
Diesels are a different ballgame. Large I6's produce great torque, but don't like to rev. Perfect for a truck. The Supra engine is neither huge nor torquey, so no advantage.

Look at all the older GM and Ford Inline 6's. They were huge (anywhere from 4.0-5.0 liters) for a 6 banger and were indestructible. Yet they could never get as much power out of those as you could a V8. Hence the reason they were the base engines. V8's just make more power and torque with similar displacement.

Build up both a 4.6 Ford V8 and a Supra I6. With the same mods and boost, the V8 will always make more power. There is no replacement for displacement and cylinder count, simple as that.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by USA-1
Build up both a 4.6 Ford V8 and a Supra I6. With the same mods and boost, the V8 will always make more power. There is no replacement for displacement and cylinder count, simple as that.
Tis true...That is why for the same mods a LS1 346cid will always out power a Ford 5.0 given the same EVERYTHING (which is impossible).
Old 02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Diesels are a different ballgame. Large I6's produce great torque, but don't like to rev. Perfect for a truck. The Supra engine is neither huge nor torquey, so no advantage.

Look at all the older GM and Ford Inline 6's. They were huge (anywhere from 4.0-5.0 liters) for a 6 banger and were indestructible. Yet they could never get as much power out of those as you could a V8. Hence the reason they were the base engines. V8's just make more power and torque with similar displacement.

He also said the V6 mustang can be built like the Supra. Guess you believe that too.

Last edited by FEARSM; 02-12-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
My methanol is NOT a power adder. Its the same thing as running high octane race gas. It just allows me to run higher boost on pump gas. It only comes on when I go over 15 lbs of boost. Its the addition boost that gives me more power. Without it I would be running 15 psi on pump gas. With it I can run up to 26-28 psi.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

I no its isnt a power adder like boost or N20 but it still is a 3rd thing that makes it so you can add alot more power! So when using meth to be able to raise boost dosnt it add power? And you have to use it anything over 15lbs of boost. ! Hell going from 15lbs to 28lbs its a huge difference! Have you even dynoed 15psi with nothing else? If so was it in the 400hp range?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

He also said the V6 mustang can be built like the Supra. Guess you believe that too.
I wasn't agreeing with anyone. In fact I was slightly disagreeing with the person I quoted. Read before you post.

Whats funny is the Mustang V6 can be built "like a Supra". Your Supra isn't come kind of god of all cars or engines, its just an I6 thats built for boost. There are plenty of boosted V6 Mustangs making tons of power with forged internals. You import trolls don't have a clue, you think its its not Japanese than it can't make power with boost. Get a clue.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

I wasn't agreeing with anyone. In fact I was slightly disagreeing with the person I quoted. Read before you post.

Whats funny is the Mustang V6 can be built "like a Supra". Your Supra isn't come kind of god of all cars or engines, its just an I6 thats built for boost. There are plenty of boosted V6 Mustangs making tons of power with forged internals. You import trolls don't have a clue, you think its its not Japanese than it can't make power with boost. Get a clue.

secondly he didnt even say that at all. Hell we know Camaro SS, Corvette with tons of boost. What is being said which looks better and handles better the mustang or supra??????? mmmmm The Supra. And as bad as I hate to admit it there are some reall bad Japanese *** Japanese cars. I am all about American made cars that are made in Canada or Mexico, but there are some really nice and fast cars not made here. And because its AMERICAN muscle doesnt always mean its fast.. Hell look at a v8 base model mustang slow as ****. so if your gonna hijack this thread then
Old 02-12-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

Like Ced said, its not a power adder, nor does it make power. All the methanol does is make him safely run more boost on pump gas. The same could be done not running any methanol, but running race gas. Like he said its the extra boost, which he could attain anyway (with race gas) that is making the power.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

My methanol is NOT a power adder. Its the same thing as running high octane race gas. It just allows me to run higher boost on pump gas. It only comes on when I go over 15 lbs of boost. Its the addition boost that gives me more power. Without it I would be running 15 psi on pump gas. With it I can run up to 26-28 psi.
You know whats funny that I just realized...with all your mods and all your claimed HP, your car is only as fast as a stock Corvette Z06 with drag radials

You need methanol injection just to get your car to run a 10.7 @ 124MPH...and the N/A Vette traps higher that that stock.

Theres a vid of one running 10.8 @ 129MPH. And you've probably dumped more money into that Supra than a new Z06 costs.

It just proves American > Imports, when will you import fanboys learn...

Quick Reply: Supra VS. TRANS AM