Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed an r33 skyline today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Why? He was spraying and Skylines in stock form are barely 13 second cars and thats mostly due to AWD. They arent as fast as all of the fanbois make them out to be.
Exactly. For some reason though ricers worship these cars like they are some kind of miracle, when in reality they are nothing special. Its a rather unattractive coupe with only 276HP - what is so great about that?? Nothing. Yet these morons spend thousands of dollars to try and import them to NA so they can pretend they are in F&F. Very pathetic.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMfan
Exactly. For some reason though ricers worship these cars like they are some kind of miracle, when in reality they are nothing special. Its a rather unattractive coupe with only 276HP - what is so great about that?? Nothing. Yet these morons spend thousands of dollars to try and import them to NA so they can pretend they are in F&F. Very pathetic.

They are under rated at 276hp, there quit a bit more....

Think of what GM did with the Fbody under rated it
Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slick1851
They are under rated at 276hp, there quit a bit more....

Think of what GM did with the Fbody under rated it
I know, but they still aren't pushing anywhere near the stock power of an LS1.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, but intake/exhaust and upped boost will make over 400rwhp. And you never have to do any internal engine work. Just provide more air/fuel. There are stock-internals Skylines with 1,000hp
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, but intake/exhaust and upped boost will make over 400rwhp. And you never have to do any internal engine work. Just provide more air/fuel. There are stock-internals Skylines with 1,000hp
Well no kidding there buddy, you can up the boost on any turbo car and make more power. Thats a given. Its not something thats unique or special about the skyline that justifies why all the ricer cream their pants over them.

Hell I bet 25PSI gets off just thinking about skylines. Then he can give his dog a break for a minute.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
so how'd he navigate the drive up window?
good Q.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Well no kidding there buddy, you can up the boost on any turbo car and make more power. Thats a given. Its not something thats unique or special about the skyline that justifies why all the ricer cream their pants over them.

Hell I bet 25PSI gets off just thinking about skylines. Then he can give his dog a break for a minute.
Maybe you didn't see where I talked about not having to change internals to get to 800-900whp
Old 02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Teching In

whats the big deal? Like it takes weeks and millions of dollars to change out internals.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Maybe you didn't see where I talked about not having to change internals to get to 800-900whp
Yea, like its going to be a real reliable motor pushing 800-900WHP on stock internals. Only a matter of time before it grenades all over the road, who are you trying to fool?? So what if it can hold up for a while, its not a long term solution, its not going to last.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got to race an R34 Vspec II Nur (for those of you that dont know skylines its basically the equivelent to a new Zo6 with 350 horse, my best friend owns a subaru dealership and loves them so he brags about them to me)anyways, at the track and i wasnt impressed at all. He wen 8.98 to my 8.52 (in the 8th) He was AWD and launch hard and still didnt come out hard, infact i think my 60' was even better... but there were at least 100 people crowded around that car in the staging lanes
Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Yea, like its going to be a real reliable motor pushing 800-900WHP on stock internals. Only a matter of time before it grenades all over the road, who are you trying to fool?? So what if it can hold up for a while, its not a long term solution, its not going to last.
I wish they would just ban your IP and be done with it . And no, it doesn't take millions of dollars and alot of time to change internals. But it does save several thousand dollars, and quite a bit of time.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSS27
The new Skylines are out, I saw 1 about a month ago. I was right behind it at a stop light. I was trying to race him in my trailblazer, but he wouldn't go for it.

Thats a G35. I guess one could call it a Skyline, but its not. In Japan they call them Skylines, which is lame. The next GTR is running a 3.8L TT at about 450HP with AWD. If those are out now I am way way behind the curve.

Edit: What a lot of people are calling "Skylines" are G35s. They are heavy NA V6s and while the VQ is a neat motor, its nothing in a, what, 3500lb car intended for luxury. They dont come turboed stock. The GTR is the first "Skyline" to come to the US and its not here yet. Should be nice competition for the LS2 Camaro actually. Probably pricier by quite a bit though.

Last edited by Sparetire; 02-14-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Teching In

For those non believers. the 2j is a very stout motor and can definitely handle 800whp w/ stock internals. Real GTR's are just like any other car. They are dogs when stock... but oh when they are modded....... Yes I'm about to cream myself. I have never seen a car squat and go like that. From 80 mph it made a supra with 125whp more look like it was standing still at the punch. The supra had 950rwhp the GTR had 825awhp. Just once in my life I want to feel the acceleration of a 1000awhp GTR from 80mph. But if there was a way I could ride in John Force's car I'd definitely rather do that!!! LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe becasue it will last longer than other motors? Thats why they are highly talked about, and even BUILT MOTORS BLOW UP.

But for a factory motor that can with stand alot of boost and for a good period of time, its soild...

04 cobra motors also make HUGE power...
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
nice kill.
so how'd he navigate the drive up window?
He had his gf take the order, which made me angry at first because i thought she was driving the car, ha ha ha, i felt bad for walking that guy so bad I don't think he got any that night....
Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Thats a G35. I guess one could call it a Skyline, but its not. In Japan they call them Skylines, which is lame. The next GTR is running a 3.8L TT at about 450HP with AWD. If those are out now I am way way behind the curve.

Edit: What a lot of people are calling "Skylines" are G35s. They are heavy NA V6s and while the VQ is a neat motor, its nothing in a, what, 3500lb car intended for luxury. They dont come turboed stock. The GTR is the first "Skyline" to come to the US and its not here yet. Should be nice competition for the LS2 Camaro actually. Probably pricier by quite a bit though.
Taken from the nissan website
The dream of every red-blooded automotive enthusiast is coming true. On April 12, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. President and CEO Carlos Ghosn gave the wake up call; the Nissan GT-R is go. The production version will make its world debut at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. It will go on sale in Japan in Fall 2007. U.S. and Canada will follow in Spring 2008.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mo0cow
Taken from the nissan website
The dream of every red-blooded automotive enthusiast is coming true. On April 12, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. President and CEO Carlos Ghosn gave the wake up call; the Nissan GT-R is go. The production version will make its world debut at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. It will go on sale in Japan in Fall 2007. U.S. and Canada will follow in Spring 2008.
Thats a very bold statement to assume that everyone like the Skyline. Personally I would never buy one of those riceburners, my money would be going towards a nice car, like an '08 Camaro, Corvette, or GT500. Something that doesn't sound like a weedwacker when you rev it, and is not coming from Japan.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Double.

Last edited by GMfan; 02-14-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Don't lie you're still saving for that TA chasis because thats all you can afford.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

And no, it doesn't take millions of dollars and alot of time to change internals. But it does save several thousand dollars, and quite a bit of time.
really though, unless you're racing to finish the car, what difference does an extra week make? Sure, its awesome to have a bulletproof engine from the factory, but if I was buying a car to make upper hundred horses, I wouldn't base my purchase on what the stock internals could handle.