Old 02-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're a memory after first gear.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by M2N
It really dosnt matter though, both are over priced weed wacker powered rice boxes that are no match for the LS1.
In what a run to 150mph?

Originally Posted by ReducedFat
They're a memory after first gear.
I'm sure there are a few LS1's out there that thought that before they raced me.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
In what a run to 150mph?

I'm sure there are a few LS1's out there that thought that before they raced me.

Funny i raced a wrx with a turbo swap front mount conversion full turbo back exhaust and alcohol injection and i beat him in my last t/a and i was just a bolt on car...he didnt even beat me out of the hole....your car does not impress me
Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
Funny i raced a wrx with a turbo swap front mount conversion full turbo back exhaust and alcohol injection and i beat him in my last t/a and i was just a bolt on car...he didnt even beat me out of the hole....your car does not impress me
And a off the lot Pontiac is impressive? Unless you are running single digits with your car it's far from "impressive".

What impresses me is my car runs mid to low 12's and when NEPA had all that snow my car just ployed through it. How man 12 second LS1 did I see out in the snow? Yeah that was NONE.

Dude get your head right.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And a off the lot Pontiac is impressive? Unless you are running single digits with your car it's far from "impressive".

What impresses me is my car runs mid to low 12's and when NEPA had all that snow my car just ployed through it. How man 12 second LS1 did I see out in the snow? Yeah that was NONE.

Hes just ignorant, dont waist your time with people like that....

No one should be out launching awd cars on a normal street tire, Drag radials or slicks is a totaly different story.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your car was so fast and impressive normally, and everyone knew it, you wouldn't have to use the lame "I can drive in the snow" arguement. I don't understand why you guys are trying to impress everyone here. The people making fun of you guys aren't going to change their minds.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

omg you can race in snow sweet man excuse me while i dont share you enthusiasm in runnnin around when there 10'' on the ground. last time i checked they dont put snow on the 1320 so why would i go to all the trouble to make my car good in snow when i race in the summer? and im the one that needs to check my head?? good joke go **** yourself
Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

there is no fair street race. Put some BFG's on and do some free mods.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

My beater is your race car
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Haha, a bit too far of a drive unfortunately

I can't wait for the track to open up, so I can start practicing with my hawk. Only took it to the track once, a week after I bought it, and times weren't that impressive, but I know I got some room for improvement.

Got any times for the STI? Or you waiting for the tracks to open up in March?
Yeah I only had 2 weekends at the track with my Blackbird, I def. feel I had another couple of tenths in it (especially if I had gone back with DR's).

No I don't have any times for the STI yet, March will be the first time at the track. I am hoping to do better than stock tho!! I'd be happy with any sub 13 run.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

I Beat A Stock Wrx With An Lt1 I Think You Mite Win
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
If your car was so fast and impressive normally, and everyone knew it, you wouldn't have to use the lame "I can drive in the snow" arguement. I don't understand why you guys are trying to impress everyone here. The people making fun of you guys aren't going to change their minds.
Lame? Haha yeah being able to drive you car full time is lame. Truth is I don't need anyone approval for my car. I've owned more Chevy's when a good 90% of the people here. My WRX is my 1st tuner car. My car runs fairly quick times. It's not the fastest car I have owned but it's the only one in the 12's and able to drive full time in NEPA.

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
omg you can race in snow sweet man excuse me while i dont share you enthusiasm in runnnin around when there 10'' on the ground. last time i checked they dont put snow on the 1320 so why would i go to all the trouble to make my car good in snow when i race in the summer? and im the one that needs to check my head?? good joke go **** yourself
So your LS1 is ONLY build for the 1320?
I don't need to mod my car to drive in any weather. My car can drive in the snow, rain, dirt, AutoX, Rally or the 1320 and beat a lot of cars doing it.

And be thankful they don't put snow on the 1320 (I'm sure somewhere some crazy fools have done this, wouldn't shock me to see it on the internet). If they did I can see a lot of fbodies going down to a Toyota Tercel.

Originally Posted by Ping King
there is no fair street race. Put some BFG's on and do some free mods.
Then it wouldn't be a stock for stock race now would it?

Hehe race car huh? Dude my WRX is my family car. My "race" car will be the LS1 powered IROC.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BananaHead
All I know is that it's getting scarier everyday for us bonestock guys. Too many cars nowadays will smoke the **** out of me
With your LS1 Camaro SS your still one of the rulers on the block as a low 13 sec car.

You think it's scary for you?? How you think I feel in my stock auto '02 GT Mustang!! S** t I have to be on the lookout for Altima's and Accords!!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by M2N
Sti's have gone 12.8 stock. The STi is obviously the better car, why the hell do you think all the ricers worship it instead of the evo?? Stock vs stock its faster, its also lighter and and all around smaller car. Nearly every test they have done the Sti always comes out on top, and the funny thing is the Sti is a little cheaper to. And on top of alllllllllll that, the Evo is built by the shittyest car company in the world, MITSUSHITSI.
Even if the STI did do 12.8 it sure as hell was trapping close to 106 and it is still weak on top end compared to the EVO 9. Also all the mag tests I've seen(including top gear) the '06 Evo has been the preferred car over '06 STI. Check it.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Now that's ownage
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Banned

Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving around in wet/ crappy weather really makes me miss my DSM.....AWD is awsome for everyday.....

Now all I do is spin.....
Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slick1851
Driving around in wet/ crappy weather really makes me miss my DSM.....AWD is awsome for everyday.....

Now all I do is spin.....
If all you do is spin then either you can't drive, or your car is not set up properly. I had over 500rwhp/tq on my C5 and managed just fine on street tires. DSM's are for kids.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
DSM's are for kids.
That's a really bald statement... There are plenty of fast DSM's and it never hurt anyone to give respect when it's due
Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jpiscrp

hehe i always wanted to say that.

and to the dude with the ls1 iroc...good luck with that..itll make a nice setup.