Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

cowboy/diesel vs. me

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cowboy/diesel vs. me

Let me start off by saying how much this pisses me off when ppl do this......
So i just got off work and go strait to the gas station to fill up.......i go inside to pay and this dodge pulls up.....i didnt think anything about it........so im pumping my gas when i get to lookin around and see that he has a big *** tip and piler gauges....he leave puffing black smoke.....black smoke must have been the name of the truck because hit was in big stickers on the back window..........anyway he goes the way im going to go....as soon as i get done pumping gas i jump in my car and take off after him.......i pass him and see the smoke begin to start pouring out......im like yes he took the bait.....so i tap my brakes and begin to slow down......he comes up beside me and as soon as i go to down shift and get ready to run he nails it....we were around 55....so i go to second and hit it.....he pulled out 2 trucks on me but by the time i go into 3rd i have stopped his pull....not 2 seconds after im in 3rd he lets out.......i try to get him to slow down and give me a real race but he wont do it......instead he said maybe i should try another stock dodge that was behind us..............i try and try to get him to get on it but he will not............we even get stuck at a red light and he wont go again........im pissed now.........he gave me a 6 second race.....his truck was quick no doubt..............but i know i could have beatin him if we had an even start...... the worst part is i know he is going to hell all his buddies how he beat the **** out of this camaro.......ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

That's why I won't even try racing someone who punches it out of nowhere. Waste of your time and gas and it makes them look like a moron.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have just stayed on it, then tell him his manure hauler is slow. That might have pissed him off enough to get another run. I get a lot of trucks wanting to run me, i guess they think just because they have flowmaster w/cowpoke tips. They are fast.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

i did stay on it and passed him..........he had diamond plate mud flaps and a ******* cow bell hanging from the *** end
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Old Drag Racer

You wanted a race with a redneck driving a diesel truck and you got one. You didn't honestly expect this guy to be fair now did you? You shouldn't have even wasted the gas. Now you're all pissed off because he wouldn't give you a fair race. It could have been worse. You could have gotten pulled for street racing over this. Lesson learned I hope.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 AM
12 Second Club

yea......I made the mistake of thinking some with a heavily modded.car would know what the **** was going on......the guy was pretty young I doubt it was even his truck......lesson learn is my a remote bottle opener and spray everyone
Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 AM
On The Tree

Diesel ***! I think its hilarious to watch ricers get eaten at the track in a cloud of diesel smoke though... be quicker on the downshift next time!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
12 Second Club

What a redneck ***, he should have at least give you another run. I REALLY hate those guys who mod those deisel trucks and all they do is blow black smoke. They should put the exhuast in front of diesel's so the driver can enjoy the putrid smell as well.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackbird39
What a redneck ***, he should have at least give you another run. I REALLY hate those guys who mod those deisel trucks and all they do is blow black smoke. They should put the exhuast in front of diesel's so the driver can enjoy the putrid smell as well.

All they do is blow black smoke?? If you are seeing/smelling the smoke that would mean you were losing right? Diesel modding is huge now. Although this particular diesel owner should be shot for diamond plate mudflaps and the cowbell, to each his own I guess. To the OP if he jumped out 2 trucks on you before you could shift and you only stopped his pull and couldnt gain...his truck sounds pretty mean. He should have given you another go, especially from a dig.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

I stopped his pull but didn't have time to gain the ground back....he let out at around out to soon..........I said his truck was no doubt quick in the first post.....but I think I would have won with a fair start
Old 03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
On the tree

You gotta remember Diesels burn differently than gas vehicles. The black smoke is from the enrichment that have to use to make power. Even big rigs do this...

there are a couple of diesles around our parts that can run 11's and they get 25mpg in the city. I ran one a while back. I had to short shift 1st and it was spinning, pulled him pretty steadily after that but it was stout for a truck.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by craz1469
the worst part is i know he is going to hell all his buddies how he beat the **** out of this camaro.......ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
oh wow that's so bad quick call in the Navy Seals shall we.....

Do you know any of his mates???

If not who gives a flying **** he might say to them.

You raced - you lost - live with it and go race someone else
Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
You wanted a race with a redneck driving a diesel truck and you got one. You didn't honestly expect this guy to be fair now did you? You shouldn't have even wasted the gas. Now you're all pissed off because he wouldn't give you a fair race. It could have been worse.
Yep it could have been worse it could have been a fair race from a roll and dig and they might still have gotten **** raped.

Some of those Cummins Trucks are no joke, 800rwhp and well over 1000rwtq.

Regardless if the OP really wanted to be fair they would have added 4wd and 2000lb of ballast to their Fbody then it would have been fairer, lol
Old 03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

what in the **** is ****......by fair I mean there is some kinda of signal for the start.....just a crazy thing some ppl do when they race....and if we did do a dig and he did be beat me than original post would have been different..... off topic.....did you have to special order your camaro to get it to the UK?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

what in the **** is ****......by fair I mean there is some kinda of signal for the start.....just a crazy thing some ppl do when they race....and if we did do a dig and he did be beat me than original post would have been different..... off topic.....did you have to special order your camaro to get it to the UK?
****=***
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

what in the **** is ****......
lol

Well most sit on it, but some talk thru it.

An *** is another name for a donkey.

off topic.....did you have to special order your camaro to get it to the UK?
GM sold limted "euro" spec models from 98-02 in the UK and Europe. But many import cars from the US.

Mines a euro model, mostly the same but has a different interior and better seats.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dltaskull
I would have just stayed on it, then tell him his manure hauler is slow. That might have pissed him off enough to get another run. I get a lot of trucks wanting to run me, i guess they think just because they have flowmaster w/cowpoke tips. They are fast.
Easy there shottie....those manure haulers are quite fast w/ the right modifications. They can produce more horse than you'll ever know what to do with.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes there are some fast diesels which have a serious amount of money in them. With enough money you could have a fast geo metro too.

Most hot rod diesels with exhausts & chips are mid 14 second & slower trucks. I am impressed with the mpg diesels make for the power though. .
Old 03-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by v8hunter
Yes there are some fast diesels which have a serious amount of money in them. With enough money you could have a fast geo metro too.

Most hot rod diesels with exhausts & chips are mid 14 second & slower trucks. I am impressed with the mpg diesels make for the power though. .
Good point. I just think its kinda retarded how people disregard diesel trucks like they do. They think they can walk over them like they're nothing. they're actually really quick. but diesels should be left in trucks.

**** some guy off with a fast diesel and he may just come to your local trailerpark and pull your moms doublewide away....
Old 03-08-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

More power to the cummins! Both my roommates have new duramax trucks and they are bad ***. If i had to own a truck it would definitely be a diesel. He mustve had some real power to be able to belt out black smoke and take a camaro from a roll. I would definitely say the diesels are better from a stop. Sounds like youre just bitter from getting beaten by a truck.