Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone ever race an NSX??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Honestly -why do you waste your time trying to convince people that the NSX is such as great car?? We obviously don't share the same opinion as you, so I don't know why you bother wasting your time trying to prove something that can't be proven.

If you like it then great, keep it to yourself, I think its overpriced and overhyped, as do many others.
He's not trying to convince you that its a great car.

He's trying to get you guys to see a car for what its worth and be non biased about it.

It is certainly not the POS you guys claim it to be.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
Speed is not the only component in a supercar.
its pretty damn important.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:19 PM
12 Second Club

Speed is not the only component in a supercar.

Exclusiveness and refinement need to be taken into account as well.

If you are going by speed then only top fuel dragsters and funny cars are supercars.
The NSX is a exotic perhaps but not a supercar. IMO it doesnt lack the character of a supercar but the powerplant. It was a supercar in 1991 by all means but in 2005 its slow.

Last edited by 67maro; 03-20-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

He's trying to get you guys to see a car for what its worth and be non biased about it.

No, he's just trying to convince us thats its a better car than we think it is.

Of course the reality is that it simply isn't. The numbers don't lie, and you can't change someone's opinion, so its a pointless arguement.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 AM
***Repost Police***

You gotta realize that sports cars are about more than "the numbers." If you don't get it, you just don't get it. And you never will.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A guy at work has a new one, they look small to me kinda like a mr2 small. When the weather gets better ill post up a kill for all you import lovers
Old 03-21-2007, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you like it then great, keep it to yourself, I think its overpriced and overhyped, as do many others.
Yes but you are evidently a stereotypical biased fool who believes if I don’t like it, it must be crap.

Oh BTW which bit of a NSX looks like a C4?? You never managed to answer that bit.

Originally Posted by 93transam
300 BHPTON, I didn't know a car had to be rare to be classified as a supercar. I just thought it was based off of performance, like lots of HP, and going fast, and good handling, the latter being the only trait the NSX has. (And according to Fadi, even the handling is in question)
Where is this dumb *** belief that the NSX is slow, it’s as fast as any other frigging car it was ever designed to compete against.

Tell me, how much HP and fast was a Ferrari F348??? Or an early 90’s Porsche 911 Carrera? Or any of the other comparable mid engined supercars of the time such as Venturi, Lotus Esprit.

As for the handling, well Ayrton Senna sorted the handling out on the NSX. So if it was good enough for one of the greatest race car drivers ever I’m quite happy to say it’s good enough for me as well.

Or maybe you think you are a better and superior driver to the late great Ayrton?

Originally Posted by 93transam
The NSX is NOT a supercar. It's just not fast enough. Period.
Gonna guess you’re not really too sure what a supercar is?

Exactly

Originally Posted by 67maro
The NSX is a exotic perhaps but not a supercar. IMO it doesnt lack the character of a supercar but the powerplant. It was a supercar in 1991 by all means but in 2005 its slow.
It might not have been the fastest, but seriously do you consider 0-100mph in 10.6 seconds slow????

Hell even the GT500 doesn’t do much better in stock trim.

No, he's just trying to convince us thats its a better car than we think it is.
No, I’m trying to get people like you to stop being prats and look at the car for its intended purpose and its intended market.

And if you think I’m defending them because I like/want one you are seriously mistaken. Just take a look at my frigging sig and see the sort of car I drive.

Of course the reality is that it simply isn't. The numbers don't lie, and you can't change someone's opinion, so its a pointless arguement.
What NUMBERS??????????

The fact that for most people the NSX was plenty fast enough for their need and want and that it had comparable performance to ANY car it was designed to be competing against? Especially for the money, sure a F360 was faster, but it also cost a lot more money.

The Corvette was probably never even considered as a competitor when designing the NSX.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You gotta realize that sports cars are about more than "the numbers." If you don't get it, you just don't get it. And you never will.
Yep I think you are right. Sadly some people are too narrow minded to see past the end of their nose.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man oh man some of you guys should sell your F-bodies because your really import guys at heart. I post a story about *** pounding an NSX on the freeway and I have been accused of lying and been told that my C5 sucks and that I should get an NSX. Then I was told that my 11 second N/A C5 can't beat a high 12 second on its best day with John Force and Ranger driving it NSX.

I am new to this forum and I will cancel my membership if this is what to expect every time I post.

Just a little secret about me, I am in the car business. You name it I either have it on my lot or I have driven it. Including a Zanardi NSX and a Comptech S/C NSX. You want to know what a real supercar should perform like go drive a 996 X50 Turbo and then drive even a S/C NSX. It will bring some clarity to the NSX tail pipe sucking. So I speak from my experience driving different cars all the time. I LOVE CARS!! And hell if IMHO I like a car I don't care if its a B16A Honda Civic I will say I like it(love those cars). But when Honda who doesn't admit to mistakes admits they lost a mint on making and producing the NSX and admit it didn't have the halo effect they wanted it to have. That says something!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by germeezy1
So today I am heading home from work about 8:00 at night. It was a warm day today so alot of imports were out. The First car I see is a old school BMW M3. I give it a little bit of gas and go around him and he doesn't bite. I am looking in the rearview and I see a MR2 Turbo make a dash for the car pool lane followed by a tricked out Yellow NSX. So the NSX comes up besides me and floors it, I look in the rearview to make sure there is no cops and floor it. From 60 to 110 I walked him by at least 3 or 4 cars but he was still there insistent on racing at higher speeds. I was actually impressed by this one it definitely wasn't stock because there not even remotely fast stock.

What do you guys think? Do you think he would have pulled me harder above 110 mph? Was I a ***** for not racing up to higher speeds? I am damn curious to know what he had done. I would not be surprised if he had a Comptech supercharger at all.
Hey, I just saw you were in the seattle area. I think I've raced the same yellow NSX. The one I raced wasn't stock at all. It deffinetly had exhaust, intake, and probebly other things. I was completely stock at the time, (orgional air filter even) so he beat me from 60 to about 120 by 3 or 4 cars. It wasn't a bad race. But I thought he should have demolished me with how much he had into it, but it did sound pretty good.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And the Vette since Duntov decided to put a V8 in it has always been as fast as supposed supercars. An NSX is not an exotic just as my C5 isn't, exotic is defined IMO by make. A Viper is not an exotic either...they are all great examples of there respective manufacturers sports car. Now a Ferrari or Lamborghini even though slower than alot of sports cars are true exotics as are Maserati's and Bugatti's. And no a good sports car doesn't have to be fast but Miatas are slow but there cheap. I can go buy an NSX tomorrow and for alot better deal than a consumer can....but even at my prices can't justify paying that much for a much slower cars thats not as unique as my C5.(I have some body mods done not just being cocky.)
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My cousin is an engineer for Honda and they had an 04 NSX car in the shop. They took it out and flogged it and he said it was a total dog. Afterward, he took the engineers out in his stock '01 WS6 and they couldn't believe the acceleration difference. At the end, they lined up both cars and he said the NSX was maybe a high 13 second car with a perfect launch, while he runs 13.1's all day on stock tires.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Hey, I just saw you were in the seattle area. I think I've raced the same yellow NSX. The one I raced wasn't stock at all. It deffinetly had exhaust, intake, and probebly other things. I was completely stock at the time, (orgional air filter even) so he beat me from 60 to about 120 by 3 or 4 cars. It wasn't a bad race. But I thought he should have demolished me with how much he had into it, but it did sound pretty good.
I thought I saw him before too, but alot of them have that body kit on it and this was a fixed headlight car and the last one I saw was a pop up car. Lookout for a silver C5 with a bodykit....but then again no worries I don't usually pick on my domestic brethren!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudog
My cousin is an engineer for Honda and they had an 04 NSX car in the shop. They took it out and flogged it and he said it was a total dog. Afterward, he took the engineers out in his stock '01 WS6 and they couldn't believe the acceleration difference. At the end, they lined up both cars and he said the NSX was maybe a high 13 second car with a perfect launch, while he runs 13.1's all day on stock tires.

You know its funny the import guys get in there heads because there EVO MR ran a 4.4 0-60 they can beat a Camaro SS because in the back of Motor Trend they run 4.9 0-60. They don't think to look at 5-60 times or realize that those #'s for the EVO require a torture test clutch dump and the SS can run those #'s all day long!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Man oh man some of you guys should sell your F-bodies because your really import guys at heart.
Well I guess you are directing this at me as my post is above yours.

1st I'm in the UK, so all American cars are infact imports anyway, lol

But seriously I wouldn't have a NSX, hell I could have bought one instead of my z/28 and it would have had better dealer support and have been RHD. But I didn't, hell I didn't even consider it.

Why?

Well because I actually don't like the NSX much, however my dislike of it doesn't detract from my respect for it.

I post a story about *** pounding an NSX on the freeway and I have been accused of lying and been told that my C5 sucks and that I should get an NSX.
Well I actually haven't seen any of those points made at all. C5's are way cool and as this is a Ls1 forum I can't believe people have been saying they suck.

All I've said is the NSX is not nearly as slow as many *cough* Americans believe. Sure they may not be the fastest, but considering what Honda was pitching them against they have always been fast enough.

A subtle difference perhaps but a crucial one I think.

Then I was told that my 11 second N/A C5 can't beat a high 12 second on its best day with John Force and Ranger driving it NSX.
Must have missed that, but any fool would know that kind of talk is crap and should be ignored.

Just a little secret about me, I am in the car business.
You got a link to your dealership at all, sounds like you have some funk cars

You name it I either have it on my lot or I have driven it.
TVR Sagaris? Marcus TSO? Radical SR8?

Just messin with ya, lol.

Including a Zanardi NSX and a Comptech S/C NSX. You want to know what a real supercar should perform like go drive a 996 X50 Turbo and then drive even a S/C NSX.
I think you are confusing a supercar with the American appraoch to aftermarket modified cars. Which is something totally different.

Care to show where either the above NSX's or Porsche came from the factory in the specs you are talking about?

I mean damn I know of a 800bhp mid 80's Ford Sierra that's **** all over a brand new C6 z06, but the Vette is far closer to being a supercar than the Sierra ever will.

Speed is only one ingrediant in the supercar mix.

Extravagant, exotic, rare, impractical, expensive, unique are also key ingrediants.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you are confusing a supercar with the American appraoch to aftermarket modified cars. Which is something totally different.

Care to show where either the above NSX's or Porsche came from the factory in the specs you are talking about?

I mean damn I know of a 800bhp mid 80's Ford Sierra that's **** all over a brand new C6 z06, but the Vette is far closer to being a supercar than the Sierra ever will.

Speed is only one ingrediant in the supercar mix.

Extravagant, exotic, rare, impractical, expensive, unique are also key ingrediants.

The Zanardi edition is a stock factory car. It was like our Quasi NSX-R and the X50 996 Turbo I have driven is my wifes bosses car. Calling anything made by Honda or even Chevy for that matter an exotic is really a huge stretch. The NSX is rare because they didn't sell just as the Viper is rare because they didn't sell alot of them.(they didn't limit production) In my area a Bentley Continental is was more prevalent than a Viper. But that doesn't make the Viper an exotic and the Bentley a mas market car. IMO the 911 Turbo is the peoples supercar...because its performance more than makes up for it production #'s!

All I've said is the NSX is not nearly as slow as many *cough* Americans believe. Sure they may not be the fastest, but considering what Honda was pitching them against they have always been fast enough.

A subtle difference perhaps but a crucial one I think

I even said the NSX's MO wasn't about outright speed it was about giving those that owned exotics before a Honda experience. As far as serviceability, mpg, reliability and useability. And yes it was as fast as the competition when it arrived but quickly became outdated. Its my complaint with Cadillac and the STS. In 1993 the STS was one of the fastest sedans out and it had 300 hp which was alot back then. Fast forward to 2007 and they only have 320 hp when the class has moved on.

I just think its funny that someone actually told me that I don't know what I am talking about and that I didn't race a fixed headlight car....
Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Just a little secret about me, I am in the car business. You name it I either have it on my lot or I have driven it.
How about that link to your car business?

BTW why does your personal profile say realestate and finance if you have a car lot?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In the car business does not mean I own a lot. I am a finance manager at a dealership. I only wish I owned a dealership

And I would rather not post a link to my dealer, those that are interested that are local can PM me if they would like.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Trust me if I owned a dealer I would be driving a 511 ci LSX twin turbo Ultima GTR.....with a retrofitted AWD system!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

I thought I saw him before too, but alot of them have that body kit on it and this was a fixed headlight car and the last one I saw was a pop up car. Lookout for a silver C5 with a bodykit....but then again no worries I don't usually pick on my domestic brethren!
Yeah, the one I saw had the fixed headlights. I'd deffinetly love to see your car out there sometime. I'm not afraid to race someone faster, especially a vette, because then I get to hear a really nice exhaust note.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you don't mind me asking what part of WA?