Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Anyone ever race an NSX??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait a minute is this LS1Tech or did I mistakenly log into VTEC TEMPLE???
Old 03-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Has anyone ever seen the stockholm getaway?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+getaway&hl=en

Not that I'm defending them or anything but the nsx in this video is pretty badass.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Killemall
I think it's beautiful...

My buddies 05 NSX was white and my 04 Vette was white. We would often go places together and park side by side.

it was always the same. people asking him questions and taking pics for 5 minutes...then as they were about to leave they might throw me the nice vette bone..

An NSX looks much nicer than a c5 when you actually see them side by side. it looks lower..wider and more exotic. ESPECIALLY the way the seats look when you look at them through the front windshield...
Let me start out by saying...DISAGREE 100%.

The NSX just looks like a mix between a C4 'Vette and a Ferarri 456GT. Put it this way: Honda merely copied the best. Its no original design at all.

the point is..that a NSX will make a fbody/vette dissapear when parked side by side
You can't be serious. An LS1 F-body will beat an NSX 9/10 times, and a C5 or C6 Corvette will just **** all over it. By the time the NSX even gets into its peaky powerband the Vette will have carlengths on it
Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

The C6Z06 is not a vette Fadi. it's a super vette..

A vette is a car that cost 40-60 grand depending on options and runs 12.2''s-13's at around 108-115 mph...It's a nice fast car that you can choose from 24,000 a year..

A c6Z06 is a 65-80 grand car depending on options that run's 10.8-12.0 at 123-129 mph that you can choose from 6,000 a year. It is the ZR1 of the 2000's
Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Wait a minute is this LS1Tech or did I mistakenly log into VTEC TEMPLE???
Doesn't matter what the forum name a nice car is a nice car.

Don't be a silly brand homer.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Let me start out by saying...DISAGREE 100%.

The NSX just looks like a mix between a C4 'Vette and a Ferarri 456GT. Put it this way: Honda merely copied the best. Its no original design at all.
I can't see anything C4 Vette about the NSX, care to expand on this.

Also I think the NSX is older than the Ferrari 456, so it really would have been a grea feat to rip off a car that didn't even exist

You can't be serious. An LS1 F-body will beat an NSX 9/10 times, and a C5 or C6 Corvette will just **** all over it. By the time the NSX even gets into its peaky powerband the Vette will have carlengths on it
I think they where referring to the visual affect.

What you need to do here is not be moronish simple minded fool who only looks at the world thru very biased one sided eyes.

At the end of the day the NSX is probably the best looking Japanese car and the only one that could be called a supercar the Supra and RX-7 aren't even close.

The NSX has presence, mid engined, gracful and beatiful looks while remaining purposeful. It's almost got chartcter and sole like a proper Italian supercar.

The Fbody is IMO a great looking vehicle, but supercar - no way not even close.

The Vette does look good and I can see why it could be grouped with a Ferrari or Porsche in terms of looks. But in the US they are far too common to really make it into that elite category.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Teching In

A vette is a car that cost 40-60 grand depending on options and runs 12.2''s-13's at around 108-115 mph...It's a nice fast car that you can choose from 24,000 a year..

A c6Z06 is a 65-80 grand car depending on options that run's 10.8-12.0 at 123-129 mph that you can choose from 6,000 a year. It is the ZR1 of the 2000's
that is the silliest thing Ive ever heard.

I guess a gt500 is not a mustang, and a skittle is not a neon.
Be careful with your crackrocks, make sure your kid doesnt bring it in for show and tell.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton

Also I think the NSX is older than the Ferrari 456, so it really would have been a grea feat to rip off a car that didn't even exist
Do a google image search for the 1990 NSX and the 1990 Corvette. You will see the resemblance. Of course there are different features, but the body style is very similar. It seems like they came from the same base design.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What you need to do here is not be moronish simple minded fool who only looks at the world thru very biased one sided eyes.

At the end of the day the NSX is probably the best looking Japanese car and the only one that could be called a supercar the Supra and RX-7 aren't even close.

The NSX has presence, mid engined, gracful and beatiful looks while remaining purposeful. It's almost got chartcter and sole like a proper Italian supercar.

The Vette does look good and I can see why it could be grouped with a Ferrari or Porsche in terms of looks. But in the US they are far too common to really make it into that elite category.

The NSX was ahead of its time I agree, but for an $80k new car purpose built for aluminum to still weigh more and perform no better than the mid $30k new RX-7 thats just ridiculous. NSX's take thousands of dollars too mod and get decent performance out of them and granted Vettes aren't cheap to mod either but you get my point. I am not an import hater and considered an NSX and very heavily an R32 Skyline when Motorex was in business. I just have a hard time paying what people pay for a high miles NSX and not getting more performance.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

Wow, someone has their head buried up the NSX's ***

You don't see any resemblance between the C4 Corvette and NSX?? Open your eyes.

That whole post was merely your opinion of how great the NSX looks. I don't think it looks nice. Thats my opinion.

I think the NSX is nothing more than the the Japanese's failed attempt to make a real supercar. It merely turned out to be an underperforming, overpriced, overhyped sports car.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They even admitted the NSX was a failure alot of engineering costs and low sales. Maybe they should of followed the lead of another mainstream maker that has a very successful sports car....
Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Do a google image search for the 1990 NSX and the 1990 Corvette. You will see the resemblance. Of course there are different features, but the body style is very similar. It seems like they came from the same base design.
Which bit???

Seriously, back, front, side, underneath???

I can’t see any resemblance, except that both cars have round wheels.

The NSX was ahead of its time I agree, but for an $80k new car purpose built for aluminum to still weigh more and perform no better than the mid $30k new RX-7 thats just ridiculous. NSX's take thousands of dollars too mod and get decent performance out of them and granted Vettes aren't cheap to mod either but you get my point.
The NSX is far superior to the RX-7.

But that’s not the point, the NSX was NEVER aimed at the Vette it was an alternative to a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari (Mondial/348 and F355). Take a look at the prices and the design it’s pretty evident.

cWow, someone has their head buried up the NSX's ***
Hardly, I'd certainly never buy one with money. But I'm also non biased enough not to let my personal preference of car influence my judgement about it.

You don't see any resemblance between the C4 Corvette and NSX?? Open your eyes.
Again WHERE, which part of a C4?

So you're saying you'd see a NSX up a head and you'd confuse it for being a Corvette??

I think the NSX is nothing more than the the Japanese's failed attempt to make a real supercar. It merely turned out to be an underperforming, overpriced, overhyped sports car.
How can it be over priced, again LOOK at what it was design to compete against. Ferrari & Porsche.

And no it's not under performing either as when it was launched it was as fast as all of its competitors.

Not too mention the latter variant could sprint 0-100mph in 10.6 seconds. Run low 13's/high 12's in the 1/4 mile, handle and still see ~180mph.

This really isn't rocket science you know.

They even admitted the NSX was a failure alot of engineering costs and low sales. Maybe they should of followed the lead of another mainstream maker that has a very successful sports car....
Gonna guess you mean the Vette, well while I personally like the Vette and certainly would have one.

Please remember in 50 years GM has TOTALLY FAILED to successfully sell it outside the US.

In fact in Europe and I’m sure Japan I bet NSX sales easily rival Corvette sales.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
people buy NSXs because they want the look and feel of an exotic car but can't afford the multi-hundred thousand dollar prices tags. it's as simple as that. typically, people looking to buy an NSX are not looking to buy an American V8 muscle car, so why bother comparing two cars that are designed for completely different reasons?
ok so lets pay 20k more for a car with a v6, less mpg, 225 less hp, dosnt hadle as good, not as realiable, easy to work on, and less potential for even more performance, and in my opinion dosnt look as good. The ZO6 dosnt look and feel like an exotic? Are you out of your ******* mind! Give me some of what your smokin buddy, that **** has fucked you up
Old 03-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Which bit???

Seriously, back, front, side, underneath???

I can’t see any resemblance, except that both cars have round wheels.

The NSX is far superior to the RX-7.

But that’s not the point, the NSX was NEVER aimed at the Vette it was an alternative to a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari (Mondial/348 and F355). Take a look at the prices and the design it’s pretty evident.

Hardly, I'd certainly never buy one with money. But I'm also non biased enough not to let my personal preference of car influence my judgement about it.

Again WHERE, which part of a C4?

So you're saying you'd see a NSX up a head and you'd confuse it for being a Corvette??

How can it be over priced, again LOOK at what it was design to compete against. Ferrari & Porsche.

And no it's not under performing either as when it was launched it was as fast as all of its competitors.

Not too mention the latter variant could sprint 0-100mph in 10.6 seconds. Run low 13's/high 12's in the 1/4 mile, handle and still see ~180mph.

This really isn't rocket science you know.

Gonna guess you mean the Vette, well while I personally like the Vette and certainly would have one.

Please remember in 50 years GM has TOTALLY FAILED to successfully sell it outside the US.

In fact in Europe and I’m sure Japan I bet NSX sales easily rival Corvette sales.
Honestly -why do you waste your time trying to convince people that the NSX is such as great car?? We obviously don't share the same opinion as you, so I don't know why you bother wasting your time trying to prove something that can't be proven.

If you like it then great, keep it to yourself, I think its overpriced and overhyped, as do many others.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

NSX
Old 03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

HUH??..

I know what you meant..
Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Launching!

300 BHPTON, I didn't know a car had to be rare to be classified as a supercar. I just thought it was based off of performance, like lots of HP, and going fast, and good handling, the latter being the only trait the NSX has. (And according to Fadi, even the handling is in question)
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Launching!

The NSX is NOT a supercar. It's just not fast enough. Period.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
If I had all three cars in my garage, I would keep the fbody, Vett and sell the NSX.
No you wouldnt youd put a LS1 in the NSX of course.

Last edited by 67maro; 03-20-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93transam
The NSX is NOT a supercar. It's just not fast enough. Period.
Speed is not the only component in a supercar.

Exclusiveness and refinement need to be taken into account as well.

If you are going by speed then only top fuel dragsters and funny cars are supercars.