Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo Kills Himself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm n ot sure what the funniest part is. The thug lean (god I hate that crap), the starter excuse, the waste of great machinery, the stupid comments, or the fact that people take it seriously.

OP, awesome kill. Its morally wrong for douchebags to win races with cars they dont knopw how to drive. I consider your win a moral stand
Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Difference:

LS1 F-Body is a Sports car. It sounds good and looks nice.

Evos are 4 cylinder economy sedans. They look like *** and sound like it too. They are a joke, regardless of "how fast they can be made"

You can make any car fast these days, which is why making a shitty Mitsubishi fast (Evo) is even more pointless.
Neither the Evo or F-body fit the original definition of a sports car. The Evo is not and never has been an economy sedan.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
. You go ahead and keep doing the street racing thing you are so proud of. We'll see how long you keep that snake.
I know its subtle, but if you look up in the left corner of your screen you might note that his is the street racing section....

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I think all thr trolls need to be sat down in a line and talked to sternly but nicely.

Oh yeah, don't mind the firing squad.

Dan
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Neither the Evo or F-body fit the original definition of a sports car. The Evo is not and never has been an economy sedan.
Yes the Evo is a Lancer Economy sedan hopped up to be quick. Doesn't change its roots.

And yes the F-Body is a sports car. Lets see here: performance V8, performance suspension, RWD, 2 door hatch, 6 speed manual, and acceleration and handling numbers to match. How is it not a sports car??
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Default Ls1tech!!!!

I am new to ls1tech (I love it by the way) and was just curious why I see so many registered users owning mustangs and evos^? Are you guys just jealous that you don't own a bowtie or do you just have to keep up with the competition? Just wondering!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Yes the Evo is a Lancer Economy sedan hopped up to be quick. Doesn't change its roots.

And yes the F-Body is a sports car. Lets see here: performance V8, performance suspension, RWD, 2 door hatch, 6 speed manual, and acceleration and handling numbers to match. How is it not a sports car??
No, its not. Sports cars dont have rear seats. Look it up.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man, The newbs in this thread are really making LS1Tech look bad.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Launching!

The Shelby Cobra (the real one from the 60s) was originally a 4 cylinder car of precisely zero importance in terms of power and acceleration even by those days standards. So It clearly sucks. Cant change its roots. And hey, lets not forget the SN95 mustangs. that chassis gets its origins from a 78 Fairmont. So clearly the Terminator is a nice mid-size sedan suited to getting groceries and taking kids to school.

The original definition of a sports car was a small light car with a open top, 2 seats, 2 or less doors, and a small engine up front powering the rear wheels. Now a race car would have been a larger more powerful machine. But basicly, the true definition if a Sports car is a Miata, a Solstice, or a VX220 perhaps.

That definition has changed a bit for sure. But the Camaro and Mustang are not and never have been sports cars. They are Pony cars. And thats a damn good thing. They are a great value, fast in general, uniquely American, and fairly simple mechanically and easy to upgrade. Live axles. RWD. V8. Not a high winding more expensive smaller displacement engine with IRS, lots of acronyms and a complx mod path that makes some guy at the parts counter shake his head, take your money, and then loose his job when sales get too low.

They are not nimble. They are not light. And sports cars got away from live axles starting about 50 years ago. A car that needs SFCs to hook well on launch does not have performance suspension.

Calling them sports cars to me is just really insecure. Its like that guy who drives a Honda and talks **** about how high RPM HP/L is all that matters then starts making claims about mid-range TQ when talking to F-Body guys. Its pretty pathetic. Or an F-Body guy doing the reverse. Be what you are and proud of it.

F-Bodies can definitely be fast around a track and are in stock form. I love seeing euro-snobs get rolled at autoXs and of course the anger about that test between an SS and S2000 at Willow Springs. Same damn lap time more or less LOL. BUT. The F-Body does it in a pony car way, not a sports car way. The driver in the SS was not doing much adjusting of his line at 10/10ths mid corner. He was in the S2000. The SS gets its time with big grip and lots of out of the corner exit TQ. The S2000 does it with apex corner speeds and late breaking. Thats a huge difference in the expirience of going fast.

The Evo is not a sports car either. 4 doors, all wheels getting power. IMHO kinda porky. Then again, all cars are these days almost.

Everything fast is not a sports car. Every sports car is not outright fast. The F-Body is a Pony car. The Evo is its own freaky weird thing that doesnt have a class yet really. I guess you could almost call it WRC Homologation special. Doesnt have a nice ring to it like Pony Car though....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

killin' like a villian
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FEARSM
No, its not. Sports cars dont have rear seats. Look it up.

nick body kit....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

This sports car talk hurts my melon. Maybe they should redefine some definitions and create some new sports car categories. Make it simple like Sedan Sport Cars, not WRC HOMO-derka-derka-stan Special. I personally like the saying Muscle cars for what we drive, that way you can throw in the 4-Doors like the Chargers and Galaxy-500s, new and old.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by superssport
I am new to ls1tech (I love it by the way) and was just curious why I see so many registered users owning mustangs and evos^? Are you guys just jealous that you don't own a bowtie or do you just have to keep up with the competition? Just wondering!
Lol....hardly am I jealous. Most of us either also own a LS1-LS2 platform or have owned at one time. There are some exceptions but alot also just enjoy talking about racing. Its nice to see what the competition is up to as well. If you really read most of the threads the domestic owners do more bashing then the import owners, kinda sad.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kdogc5
nick body kit....
Thanks...it gives me an extra 150rwhp and took .3 of my 1/4 mile times. I think it was worth it.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Teching In

The Evo was bred to be a Rally car, that's the only reason it was put into production... to comply with WRC rules.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NIevo
If you really read most of the threads the domestic owners do more bashing then the import owners, kinda sad.
that's only because there are more domestic owners on this site than import owners. i've been on import forums and all they ever do is make stuff up about rear wing downforce, downpipes, broken parts, and cubic inch disadvantages. it seems like all they ever do is complain whenever they lose (which is quite often) and make up stuff (like bad starters).
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sdm1234
that's only because there are more domestic owners on this site than import owners. i've been on import forums and all they ever do is make stuff up about rear wing downforce, downpipes, broken parts, and cubic inch disadvantages. it seems like all they ever do is complain whenever they lose (which is quite often) and make up stuff (like bad starters).
Oh, I agree, thats the reason you wont find me on most import sites. The majority of the people on there are just kids who dont know crap about cars. The point I was making is on this site there are way to many people who call people ricers or other names when the people they are bashing are more adult and civil.

Also the there are several people on this site who are very ignorant, but I guess you get that on any internet site. Case in point, ONEBADASSWS6 seems to posess alot of the views of our beloved Wesman/TRANSAMINAL.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sdm1234
I'm on a few import boards and most of the posters that frequent the Kills Section dont even own the type of car that the forum is there for. And suprisingly the Kills Story Section I hate visiting the most is on the DSM forum.

Much like this forum, I sign up for boards for the Kill Section because I enjoy reading the story itself and the bickering that succeeds it.

Last edited by dsmfan95; 03-22-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
I don't care how fast they are. 4 doors + 4 banger=
Get with the program or change your name to WANTS EVO
My DSM makes more Torque than your car, and goes faster too. What are YOU going to do about it? Huh? Huh?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
The Evo was bred to be a Rally car, that's the only reason it was put into production... to comply with WRC rules.
Not entirely true. Maybe it was put into production (along with the STi) so they could rally a Group N car. But the WRC rules stated that the manufacturers could use a "kit" to adapt any of their cars to WRC specs. Mitsu still could have gone WRC spec rallying with a base FWD Lancer to start from. Hence why Ford can use a Focus without having to produce a road going/production AWD/turbo car.

Quick Reply: Evo Kills Himself.