Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2004 GTO vs STi-Whats the Camera For?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007 | 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

ohh no it looks like I hurt the feelings of some e-thugs. I'm shaking as I type this because they called me a ricer.

man, if only I had a 12 second domestic and a video camera, then I could be cool.
Old 03-22-2007 | 01:04 PM
Teching In

nice kill
Old 03-22-2007 | 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
ohh no it looks like I hurt the feelings of some e-thugs. I'm shaking as I type this because they called me a ricer.

man, if only I had a 12 second domestic and a video camera, then I could be cool.
True, but you have to stop flaming people also... Then you can be cool.

Again, awesome race. I love the c5 z06 vid too!
Old 03-22-2007 | 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"I GOT A BORLA CATBACK..." hahhahahahahahaha
Old 03-22-2007 | 02:42 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRIAN98Z28
"I GOT A BORLA CATBACK..." hahhahahahahahaha
Not sure you picked up on it but I recently ran him and we were pulling back and forth on each other, he's still claiming an exahust and a tune too Not that hot rodders would lie to each other. noooo Actually he and I have become great friends and often test our cars against each others. I think I've done the most recent mods. He's got that sucker flying though.
Old 03-22-2007 | 03:49 PM
Teching In

Good vid.
Old 03-22-2007 | 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Man, if I only had a 18 second import with a 10 foot quad decker wing, body kits, 500 lbs. of audio/video, neons, etc. then I could be cool like all of the dopey NOPI punks.
Old 03-22-2007 | 04:28 PM
Banned

my head hurts this thread rocks...
Old 03-25-2007 | 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Man, if I only had a 18 second import with a 10 foot quad decker wing, body kits, 500 lbs. of audio/video, neons, etc. then I could be cool like all of the dopey NOPI punks.
Last time I checked he was running 11s, how about you

Good kill, is a borla cat back all you have done, or am I missing the joke or something? 2004 GTOs are pretty quick, but shouldn't be pulling that hard on stage 2 STIs with only a Cat Back on the GTO, like I said you may have more mods.
Old 03-25-2007 | 10:02 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BSmonitor

Good kill, is a borla cat back all you have done, or am I missing the joke or something? 2004 GTOs are pretty quick, but shouldn't be pulling that hard on stage 2 STIs with only a Cat Back on the GTO, like I said you may have more mods.
That's funny, yep I got a few more, glad the noise didn't make it obvious . First off, the STI driver is a good friend of mine and we regularly run our cars against each other to check out our mods, we are a heck of a lot friendlier about it than some of these discussions have been. I've never claimed to be a very good driver but have worked on my 60' times and that traditional advantage the AWD cars usually have over the GTOs is a little evener now for me. I think lots of folks kinda tuned out on the GTOs because they are so notorious on launching. Having said that, most of my mods were in the suspension and rear end though I was running stock gears at the time. I've got the rest of the mods posted around here somewhere but didn't chronologically date them and the post is a year old. We've met since then on a cold day and see sawed back and forth in 3rd and 4th. Of course he still claims an exhaust and a tune so I still claim catback, I have a custom 3" catback now to handle the additional power.

I should have thought you could listen to the car and deduce the rest. I have no idea what the guy you were asking runs, or even what he drives. I'm into the 12s and have a pretty big gap from where my ET should be and where my trap speeds are. I need to go to a different cam for a stronger low end.

Thanks for the comments. Welcome to the board.

Last edited by wrp; 03-25-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2007 | 12:12 AM
Teching In

Great vid, your borla catback comment made me laugh at loud. BTW if you're really 60 years old or anywhere near it and you're out street racing with a camera I think that's great. Immaturity has little to do with it, it's called having fun and I can only hope that I'll be doing the same thing when I get older.
Old 03-26-2007 | 12:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jgermano20
Great vid, your borla catback comment made me laugh at loud. BTW if you're really 60 years old or anywhere near it and you're out street racing with a camera I think that's great. Immaturity has little to do with it, it's called having fun and I can only hope that I'll be doing the same thing when I get older.
I posted this, on a friends name accidently.
Old 03-26-2007 | 12:55 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

Actually I'm not there yet, don't think the guy really cared one way or another and it wasn't worth arguing about a couple of years. Thanks for the comments though. For that past year I've concentrated mostly on the track and frankly have gotten a bigger hoot out of building my car than most of the races, cept the Z06 race, I love to run those guys because their cars are so great.
Old 03-26-2007 | 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

I'm in the 12s @ ~ 113, MINOR bolt ons (NO headers/intake/T.B.), and a 60' killing road race suspension so I can beat all of you importfanboyzz at your own game. SO WHAT?? Don't be a Shitsuboy. I was getting on his case for his criticism of the O.P., that's all. Us older domestic drivers must stick together as allies against the young Nippon worshipping whippersnappers!

Besides, HTF am I supposed to know what your fellow importee is running??
Old 03-26-2007 | 07:21 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I'm in the 12s @ ~ 113, MINOR bolt ons (NO headers/intake/T.B.), and a 60' killing road race suspension so I can beat all of you importfanboyzz at your own game. SO WHAT?? Don't be a Shitsuboy. I was getting on his case for his criticism of the O.P., that's all. Us older domestic drivers must stick together as allies against the young Nippon worshipping whippersnappers!

Besides, HTF am I supposed to know what your fellow importee is running??
On some boards he claims an Evo and here I think he is claiming a 10 second Z06 with a post that ironically said he bought it as a 10 second car. In all likelihood the two posters are the same guy.
Old 03-26-2007 | 08:53 PM
Banned

Sti Ftl
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:08 AM
Banned

At least you wouldn't be a stupid *** ricer

Stop wasting space, nobody cares.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:11 AM
Banned

Well good for him.

Make you you congratulate him on wasting a ton of money to try and make a piece of **** import fast. Pat yourself on the back while you're at it, Mr. EVO owner

Stupid ricers.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:28 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

I think the funny thing about all this is the original toolbag was just trying to generate a lot of anger to take the focus off the recent Z06 kill I posted.
Old 03-28-2007 | 01:09 AM
That's what she said...

LMAO@ the Ray Stevens comment!