Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
S2000 is every bit as quick/fast as a 350Z, with the right driver.
The key is with the right driver, and most aren't willing to drive the car like it needs to be driven for best performance.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Another quality reply by none othere than the resident LS1Tech evo troll.

Now you're making death threats too?? You're a pathetic piece of ****, go to Iraq and don't come back. Ever. We don't need worthless retards like you supporting this country, you're a nobody.

Yea, the Evo is a POS. You can add all the racing parts and brand name equipment you want, its still a riced up Lancer economy car. You just don't seem to grasp that concept though, you are blind to reality.

Yep, they are all ugly *** Jap crap. They look like something out of an anime cartoon and they sound like complete garbage. Like I said, making power isn't everything.

You can make just as much or more power with an American V8 and it will sound better, last longer, and be faster. The Japs lose either way, its not even worth comparing. For every fast Nippon car there is a faster American one. Case closed.

Continue on with your thread. If you don't come back with some more stupid ricer **** I won't have to respond to put you back in your place.
LMAO...this guy is nuts ...great entertainment!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

"You're a pathetic piece of ****, go to Iraq and don't come back. Ever. We don't need worthless retards like you supporting this country, you're a nobody."

I would love to see this guy say this in the real world. They could show the vid on youtube. It would be funny. And short.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparetire
"You're a pathetic piece of ****, go to Iraq and don't come back. Ever. We don't need worthless retards like you supporting this country, you're a nobody."

I would love to see this guy say this in the real world. They could show the vid on youtube. It would be funny. And short.
I would love to see you shut the **** up and stop trying to cause more trouble with the import trolls
Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by germeezy1
The key is with the right driver, and most aren't willing to drive the car like it needs to be driven for best performance.
Yeah... but you can't say the S2000 is slow, and the 350Z isn't. Cuz the car is CAPABLE of mid-high 13s (depending on year)... you just have to sidestep the clutch at a higher rpm than most of the cars on this forum even rev to
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Both cars are dog slow IMHO, thats not what I was saying. I just think the 350Z feels slightly less pathetic then the no torque S2000. My friend has an S2000, the mulitple times his car has been in the shop (2 transmissions, blown rear end, both half shafts destroyed) suggests that Honda doesn't really build the car for those that abuse there machinery or hot rod the **** out of there cars.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Both cars are dog slow IMHO, thats not what I was saying. I just think the 350Z feels slightly less pathetic then the no torque S2000. My friend has an S2000, the mulitple times his car has been in the shop (2 transmissions, blown rear end, both half shafts destroyed) suggests that Honda doesn't really build the car for those that abuse there machinery or hot rod the **** out of there cars.
+1

Honda never designed the S2000 for drag strip duty or heavy abuse, or any of its other vehicles for that matter.

The S2K is a canyon carver, its meant to be driven in a spirited manner, not launched hard, speed shifted, or thrown into turns sideways like Muscle car.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And even as a corner carver its handling leaves something to be desired at the limit. I myself much preffered the progressive at the limit of something like my Cobra to something as knife edge as an S2000. That and the fact that its much funner and progressive to have the power to power oversteer rather than reacting to the much more sudden intertia oversteer.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Launching!

S2Ks in the early years are actually known for having twitchy steering.

If I wanted a car like that, I would get a MazdaSpeed Miata. It actually has some mid range TQ and much more sorted handling.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Launching!

ur forgettin the z28 that raced the nsx had slicks on the back and im pretty sure that the gearing on that car is just a 2.76 . Hoping somebody never comes back from Iraq is a very childish and ignorant thing to say.Say what u want but to wish that on someone is uncalled for.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

How can anyone deny the NSX as being a sexy car. Far superior in looks, to any Camaro or Vette IMO! Viper on the other hand, well is on par!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83052
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jujitsu
How can anyone deny the NSX as being a sexy car. Far superior in looks, to any Camaro or Vette IMO! Viper on the other hand, well is on par!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83052
The nsx is a nice car but so are the vette's and camaro's.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28MP
ur forgettin the z28 that raced the nsx had slicks on the back and im pretty sure that the gearing on that car is just a 2.76 . Hoping somebody never comes back from Iraq is a very childish and ignorant thing to say.Say what u want but to wish that on someone is uncalled for.

that car had Slicks?!? I didn't know that. He's going to murder me in the dig.. lol..
Old 03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Well my mom's S2000 has 54k miles on it, and I beat the **** out of it everytime I drive it. No problems yet * on wood*
Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackss99
The nsx is a nice car but so are the vette's and camaro's.

There on a different level of nice though. The NSX, has an exotic look and feel! While the Camaro, is something that everyone sees on a daily basis. Sometimes, its hard enough, to distinguish a V6 model from a Z28. The vette, is a step up, but its not exclusive enough to be in the same category.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Yea vettes are a dime a dozen and fbodies are a penny a dozen..

You see 1-2 NSX's per month..If your lucky..

The camaro that raced the NSX is a 2001 right? Im pretty sure that all 2000-2002 Fbody auts's came with 3.23's from the factory.

A 2.73 geared auto Fbody runs mid to high 13's at low 100's..It would be MURDERED by a stock NSX mnual..

So im pretty sure the one that raced was a 3.23 car.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Originally Posted by TheDestroyer
hey gus..we need to do this again..with the trans am guy..i really want to take that guy on after he said the things about my car with out racing me anyways...ill be gone in the field training from this saturday to next saturday..so easter wkend would be good..i have to fix my valve cover...i took it off the other day and now it leaks and shoots small amounts of oil..i think it may have cracked.

oh and what mods are done to the trans am?do you know off hand?so we can get info on the ls1 guys on here on how that car will perform

Well knowing that you got banned from forumshawaii more times than I can count to start with. but owell. anyways to speed everyone up on the deal with you and I. YES we did race along with a very bad *** Supra. YOu said ur camara man wasnt ready even though we all lined up and rode side by side for plenty of time. The Supra and I took off and you never even tried. YOu talked and I still have the pms saying how bad *** ur ride is and I wrote saying IF your ride is that bad why didnt u atleast make a effort to catch up. And I have always known camera people to have the cameras ready as the cars line up not as the race starts. I will see you soon OH love the new paint job and common tags.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Originally Posted by Killemall

The camaro that raced the NSX is a 2001 right? Im pretty sure that all 2000-2002 Fbody auts's came with 3.23's from the factory.

A 2.73 geared auto Fbody runs mid to high 13's at low 100's..It would be MURDERED by a stock NSX mnual..

yeah he is 3.23 gears
Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
Well knowing that you got banned from forumshawaii more times than I can count to start with. but owell. anyways to speed everyone up on the deal with you and I. YES we did race along with a very bad *** Supra. YOu said ur camara man wasnt ready even though we all lined up and rode side by side for plenty of time. The Supra and I took off and you never even tried. YOu talked and I still have the pms saying how bad *** ur ride is and I wrote saying IF your ride is that bad why didnt u atleast make a effort to catch up. And I have always known camera people to have the cameras ready as the cars line up not as the race starts. I will see you soon OH love the new paint job and common tags.
Well if he only has around 400 AWHP, then he stands no chance of winning a race against you. He told me he ran 12.2 @ 123 and I bet your car is well into the 11's.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killemall

Murdered by a car costing 10 times its price, why is that so exciting to you? I can put together a Fox body for $10-$12k that an NSX wouldn't be able to touch anywhere from a dig or roll. I just talked to a guy about a 550ish RWHP Ultima GTR for about $80k my boss is considering purchasing. Now thats a car truly worth $80k with performance uncomparable to even a C6 Z06. Lets compare apples to apples please, not bananas to passion fruit

And where I live because of my body mods and wheels, I have yet to go to a gas station where at least one person isn't coming over and asking about my car. My Vette does not want for attention and I live in an area where even a 911 won't get you a second look. My brother drives a GTC Bentley and even he is amazed by the attention I get in my car.

Quick Reply: Gen2 viper vs modded Evo 8/NA2 NSX vs LS1.. part 1.