Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:16 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by aaronbetzner
Most all of you terminator owners really act like trolls on most of these kill stories. Some of the fastest cars I've seen are fox body stangs with big turbo's and chevy smallblocks. Just something else for you to go apeshit over. I would love to get an 03 or 04 cobra but the majority of them are still 25 grand and I can buy an ls1 for 8-10. It is a shame though how slow the new GT's are though.
Hi. Just trolling.
I don't think you can call a new mustang "slow". Not quite LS1 fast, but not THAT far off and responds well to mods with the 3V heads.

Don't count on terminators dropping in price much. They seem to be holding steady and MAY eventually begin to increase...I hope...especially the mystichrome 04s. LS1 Fbods in good shape may not drop much more either.
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aaronbetzner
Most all of you terminator owners really act like trolls on most of these kill stories. Some of the fastest cars I've seen are fox body stangs with big turbo's and chevy smallblocks. Just something else for you to go apeshit over. I would love to get an 03 or 04 cobra but the majority of them are still 25 grand and I can buy an ls1 for 8-10. It is a shame though how slow the new GT's are though.
.... How the **** do we act like trolls? There's so much damn misinformation about our cars here that the least we can do is offer some true knowledge coming from the car owners themselves. JUST like some of the guys on this site do on MustangForums and SVTP. And it's never a problem or issue for them, or any LSX owner to do so. Most of the Cobra and Ford owners I see post here actually contribute to this site problem free. We don't come here to start ****/argue/etc, so why are you crying?
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:21 AM

A lot of " Terminator trolls " here had LS1's first and just were not satisfied. Take that for what its worth. Regardless of what anyone on here drives, LS1tech has the MOST correct info of any forums ANYWHERE. Thats why they/we are here. Go make your LS1 faster aron.
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
A lot of " Terminator trolls " here had LS1's first and just were not satisfied. Take that for what its worth. Regardless of what anyone on here drives, LS1tech has the MOST correct info of any forums ANYWHERE. Thats why they/we are here. Go make your LS1 faster aron.
Why I don't spend much time on MF! The dumb kid/educated car enthusiast ratio is outta wack over there.
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

A lot of " Terminator trolls " here had LS1's first and just were not satisfied.
lately from what i been seein its been the other way around.
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

They had Ls1's becuse,until 2003,that was the fastest game in town.
GM forfieted after that..So in '03,the Terminator was top of the heap.
So for people who wanted to drive the latest ,greatest & had no brand loyalty..It was a natuaral transition.It was either that or a Z06.
Stock for stock an '03/'04 Z06 was faster than a Terminator.
The Terminator was cheaper so more F-body guys went that route.
The best bang for the buck would've been to have just kept the Fbody & the money that was saved in car payments could've been used for mods.
That's what I did.
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

J/K
Old 04-05-2007 | 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by BYE RICE
They had Ls1's becuse,until 2003,that was the fastest game in town.
GM forfieted after that..So in '03,the Terminator was top of the heap.
So for people who wanted to drive the latest ,greatest & had no brand loyalty..It was a natuaral transition.It was either that or a Z06.
Stock for stock an '03/'04 Z06 was faster than a Terminator.
The Terminator was cheaper so more F-body guys went that route.
The best bang for the buck would've been to have just kept the Fbody & the money that was saved in car payments could've been used for mods.
That's what I did.

No offense, your set up is almost identical of my 99 H/C bolt on SS. I owned it from 00-04 and got the Cobra. My Cobra now, faster than my SS was even AFTER my brother in law added a 150 shot. Take that as fact too. Still love LS1's fine and will have a C6 Z06 when time is right.

Id rather have a C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 over my Cobra but not an F-body. F-bodies are comperable to the Cobras, not the Vettes.
Old 04-05-2007 | 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

No offense, your set up is almost identical of my 99 H/C bolt on SS. I owned it from 00-04 and got the Cobra. My Cobra now, faster than my SS was even AFTER my brother in law added a 150 shot. Take that as fact too. Still love LS1's fine and will have a C6 Z06 when time is right.

Id rather have a C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 over my Cobra but not an F-body. F-bodies are comperable to the Cobras, not the Vettes.
Offense?
None taken.
I know my set up won't beat a "BPU" Terminator.
My younger brother's 04 went 12.21@118 in Vegas eveneing heat.He had a 2.8 upper,Accufab,X,Stingers,CAI,& a Diablo "box" tune.
The best pass I've made was 12.41 @ 115.(old heads)
What's noteworthy is the fact that my car was paid off the same month his left Dearborn.
He's got two years to go on payments.
My payment was 454, His is 700.
My car is a little over a second@10+mph faster than when it was stock.
I don't feel like losing all of that equity & starting over on another car.I 'll just refine what I've got.The aftermarket for GM Gen III/IV stuff gets bigger by the day & will keep me busy for awhile.
Besides,I could never sell the car for what I have into it.
Old 04-05-2007 | 11:38 AM

Offense?
None taken.
I know my set up won't beat a "BPU" Terminator.
My younger brother's 04 went 12.21@118 in Vegas eveneing heat.He had a 2.8 upper,Accufab,X,Stingers,CAI,& a Diablo "box" tune.
The best pass I've made was 12.41 @ 115.(old heads)
What note worthy is the fact that my car was paid off the same month his left Dearborn.
He's got two years to go on payments.
My payment was 454, His is 700.
My car is a little over a second@10+mph faster than when it was stock.
I don't feel like losing all of that equity & starting over on another car.I 'll just refine what I've got.
You sound like a cool guy. YOu claim your car as a dependant too??

Na, j/k. Power war is an addiction and the word "afford" is usually not found. My Cobra is my child. I work, I spend. My SS was PAID FOR when I sold it and financed the Cobra, needed some wedding money also. Went from a paid off SS to the Cobra at $493 a month. Still worth it. Love the car.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

You sound like a cool guy. YOu claim your car as a dependant too??

Na, j/k. Power war is an addiction and the word "afford" is usually not found. My Cobra is my child. I work, I spend. My SS was PAID FOR when I sold it and financed the Cobra, needed some wedding money also. Went from a paid off SS to the Cobra at $493 a month. Still worth it. Love the car.
I wish I could claim the car as a dependent..That's where alot of tax refunds have gone.

My brother hurt the motor in his car showing off for his girlfriend & & is still paying for that mistake(the rebuild,not the girl)He makes considerably more money than I do.(he's an officer,I'm enlisted)..He's got 20K into his Cobra over & above the initial price of the car(MSRP)..There's no way I could've done that.
He did everything I told him to do as far as mods..Polished Whipple/supporting mods,Lower pully,headers,JE's,Crower stage 3's,Level 5 half shafts,IRS brace,bushings,Mcleod street twin,MGW shifter etc & a Snow kit.
His car makes like 660+.
At this point in my life,I'll be content with my (NA) 440/400 RWHP/tq.
I think I've broken about everything there is to break on my car & now I can just be happy & enjoy it.
The money I spend on the car now is just keeping it looking as good as the I day I bought it.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:05 PM
Teching In

A lot of people always comment on the price of the Cobra, but actually don't know how well they hold their value. An 04' with low miles (25Kor less), Cobra's can sell for 25K -28K private party. Some people even bought theirs for less than 30K used and are selling them private party for 25-28K. That is expensive, but you get most, if not all of your money back if you buy it off the street.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
A lot of people always comment on the price of the Cobra, but actually don't know how well they hold their value. An 04' with low miles (25Kor less), Cobra's can sell for 25K -28K private party. Some people even bought theirs for less than 30K used and are selling them private party for 25-28K. That is expensive, but you get most, if not all of your money back if you buy it off the street.
I never buy cars like this with resale value in mind. I buy them to enjoy.
That's just me.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG

I just refied my Cobra. I had equity in it!! My bank lowerd the intrest and payment w/same term and gave me $3100!! Gotta love that. I bought it for $25K 2 yrs ago and it is worth that or MORE with the mods/ INSANE resale value.

Next show on TLC. Flip that Cobra.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

I just refied my Cobra. I had equity in it!! My bank lowerd the intrest and payment w/same term and gave me $3100!! Gotta love that. I bought it for $25K 2 yrs ago and it is worth that or MORE with the mods/ INSANE resale value.

Next show on TLC. Flip that Cobra.
I didn't know that was possible..How did you validate the mods?
The majority of the car buying public consider modifications as a negative & would pay more for a pristine,low mileage bone-stock example.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:28 PM

I didn't know that was possible..How did you validate the mods?
The majority of the car buying public consider modifications as a negative & would pay more for a pristine,low mileage bone-stock example.
My bank sent me a letter saying your pay off was (whatever). As an SVT vehicle it has a resale value of (whatever). I said ...lets do it. MOST Cobras, even modded are not abused. My car is WAY over cared for and every bolt is done by me at the shop. No short cuts. People ask is it for sale all the time.

Last edited by JayplaySS; 04-05-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2007 | 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

My bank sent me a letter saying your pay off was (whatever). As an SVT vehicle it has a resale value of (whatever). I said ...lets do it. MOST Cobras, even modded are not abused. My car is WAY over cared for and every bolt is done by me at the shop. No short cuts. People ask is it for sale all the time. They will get even MORE exspensive too I believe.
I've seen plenty that heven't been taken care of.
The cars will hold their value better than a GT or even a Mach.There are only 20K total ever built.
As time goes on, neglect has a way of "thinning the herd" & eventually the most of the Terminators that are left will be ones that have been taken care of..The high cost of admission will keep alot of them out of the hands of "snapper heads"..Unlike ragged out f-bodies that end up in trailer parks.
Old 04-05-2007 | 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like somebody left their login unattended.
Old 04-05-2007 | 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

^^ haha
Old 04-05-2007 | 09:32 PM
Launching!

My bank sent me a letter saying your pay off was (whatever). As an SVT vehicle it has a resale value of (whatever). I said ...lets do it. MOST Cobras, even modded are not abused. My car is WAY over cared for and every bolt is done by me at the shop. No short cuts. People ask is it for sale all the time.
You should say yes it's for sell for 40k and see if someone will buy it.

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!