Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Right...but you can't compare an "average" fbody with a Cobra either.
You have to look at the '02 SS or the '02 WS6. I've seen plenty around
$33K. Pretty close in price.

Yea, i think in 02 fbodies went for $30K plus, some of that had to do with good ol' inflation and what not, but i think alot had to do with the 02's being the last year!!! those 02's now-a-days go for $18-$23K, while the cobra 03/04's still go for almost $30K!!! the 03/04 cobras are badass cars and respond well to mods, but at the sametime, ive seen 02 Z06's for around $30K as well.... and if it was up to me, i would rather get the z06 (lighter/more power/killer looks)
Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by volksmech1
this is how you tell a story of beating a cobra. and after i posted this the first time i had people calling bs. people always say it isnt possible to beat a cobra. this is the proper way

Hmmm don't make me drive the slowbra back to kc to lay the smack down and revenge Ivan's loss.

Last edited by Oldbones; 03-29-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not surprised, the only 03 Cobra thats ever pulled me had a ported blower and we went 1-1
Old 03-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unit213
But you've got a turbo! turbo > blower
Built bottom end > stock ls2 bottom end!
Sad thing is I learned that the hard way...
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
For the cobra guy saying they dont whine when revved up, you own one you SHOULD know. If you really want to stick to your guns I can always take a video tomorrow of my buddies intake only 03 termy revving and the whine is most definately there.
I will concede that maybe the whine is more audible outside the car. When I rev it from inside my car, I don't here it due to my exhaust.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brad8266
Isnt a Cobra a mid 30k car new? A loaded WS6 was like 33k new. The Cobra is way faster than the Ws6 stock for stock and the prices are close.

And yes this arguement is stupid and very old.
Mine was $31,000 brand new
Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

i tell myself every night before I go to bed " Man if only I had a blower." There are a couple of cars that do come to mind when I think about slow turds that have this so called "blower" the chevy cobalt ss supercharged and one of those scions things has one too if im not mistaken. I wonder what those guys are thinkin since they already have a blower. Good kill btw
Old 03-30-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man this turned into an evil thread.

good kill man, I had a similar ending with an svt contour. I didnt race him, but he got pulled over.

btw, I am sure you can hear the wine. I could hear the wine on my explorer with the Eaton m90. Those root and twin screw blowers make a wicked sound, on any car.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Launching!

I will tow most of your LSX's faster than you can drive them

Here is a thread for ya

https://ls1tech.com/forums/northwest-members/638142-here-chebby-chebby.html

Last edited by kens03cobra; 03-30-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=kyle91z28]
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
LOL I've never heard that one...

Well if you read the rest of my post you'd realize I said that statement has been worn out. The car is supercharged...cobra owners act like that doesnt mean anything...oh it's just a supercharger no big deal. I know it's run what ya brung but atleast acknowledge that fact you need a blower to be fast.
Any Mach1 drivers 'round here?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=04Terminator]
Originally Posted by kyle91z28

Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.mobmototb.com/forums/videos.php? heres a vid of me beating a 04cobra...pullied tuned bolt ons he put down 485/465 we went from a 20 both runs the first run i fucked up and had it in 3rd gear instead of 4th so it was all fucked up second run i had it right but the car felt like it wasnt going to shift so i let off and got back in it you can hear it at the begining of the second run and than later on in the vid thats the same black cobra we ran multiple times with the same results... Nice kills by the way. both runs where motor... i had a 50shot but lowwww bottle pressure.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=04Terminator]
Originally Posted by kyle91z28

12 second mach here no power adder and stock weight.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Damn, this thread has gotten crazy!.. This thread is WAAAY off topic! And there's a lot of false information that has been posted in here though. I'm jumping in to clear some stuff up before the lock.

First off, you CAN hear the blower whine when you rev the engine. It's louder with different pulley sizes though. I have the smallest size pulley on my Cobra. When I rev, you can DEFINITELY hear it whine LOUD. No questions asked. But when I had a 2.93 pulley on (same size as red2003cobra), the whine wasn't as loud, but you still could hear it. The smaller size pulley you have, the faster the blower is spinning, the louder the whine.

Also, my car is a capable 11 second Cobra. I have an Intake,Exhaust,Pulley,Tune. Cobra's with these mods are DEFINITELY good for 11's. We make plenty of power to get there. It's just a matter of getting off the line that causes a lot of Cobra drivers to be stuck in the low 12's with these mods. And you MUST HAVE A TUNE when you run a pulley that is two sizes smaller than stock. And the majority of Cobra owners run the two smallest pulley sizes. There is also Cobra's putting out number less than myself that break 11's, just like red2003cobra would have and will eventually do. A lot of it comes down to the driver and track conditions. These cars are a bitch to try to get off the line.

Also, not all Cobra owners have the mentality that we are unbeatable or the fastest car out there. I show my respect to any and all car enthusiast who show respect to me (as a person). Also, there are PLENTY of LSX's (and other cars)that will blow my doors off from a dig or roll. I know that, you know that, everybody and they momma know that. Run what you brung, but there is ALWAYS someone faster.

Unit, do what you do!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

First off, you CAN hear the blower whine when you rev the engine. It's louder with different pulley sizes though. I have the smallest size pulley on my Cobra. When I rev, you can DEFINITELY hear it whine LOUD. No questions asked. But when I had a 2.93 pulley on (same size as red2003cobra), the whine wasn't as loud, but you still could hear it. The smaller size pulley you have, the faster the blower is spinning, the louder the whine.
LoL, I hear you there.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Babies....

You loose, you win stop bitching.

Do you really believe there are no Mach 1's that beat LS1's w/o a super charger and WITH a smaller engine to boot? Babies. The problem is most guys cant AFFORD to get the power they need to run with modded Cobras so they try to find an excuse. Its a damn car. You look like such fools whinning. Respect a car for the power and potential and the ABILITY to apply it.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dang who pissed in all of your guys' cheerio's?

04 terminator - I have a mach........but, it's got this cool CAI...it makes a weird whistling noise though.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
Damn, this thread has gotten crazy!.. This thread is WAAAY off topic! And there's a lot of false information that has been posted in here though. I'm jumping in to clear some stuff up before the lock.

Also, my car is a capable 11 second Cobra. I have an Intake,Exhaust,Pulley,Tune. Cobra's with these mods are DEFINITELY good for 11's. We make plenty of power to get there. It's just a matter of getting off the line that causes a lot of Cobra drivers to be stuck in the low 12's with these mods. And you MUST HAVE A TUNE when you run a pulley that is two sizes smaller than stock. And the majority of Cobra owners run the two smallest pulley sizes. There is also Cobra's putting out number less than myself that break 11's, just like red2003cobra would have and will eventually do. A lot of it comes down to the driver and track conditions. These cars are a bitch to try to get off the line.

Also, not all Cobra owners have the mentality that we are unbeatable or the fastest car out there. I show my respect to any and all car enthusiast who show respect to me (as a person). Also, there are PLENTY of LSX's (and other cars)that will blow my doors off from a dig or roll. I know that, you know that, everybody and they momma know that. Run what you brung, but there is ALWAYS someone faster.

Unit, do what you do!

The part about the smaller the pully the faster the blower the more whine is true, obviously.

Now, if you are hearing a loud whine without a load, ie in neutral revving it, you might want to check your blower oil level as you may be low.

I am not saying they don't make any noise in neutral, but nothing like WOT and pulling, and barely noticeable and for a very short period of time at that..in no way annoying

What started this abortion of a thread is that he said it was annoying when he revved...it does not make that much noise in neutral, typically ones exhaust will be much much louder then the whine the blower makes in neutral.

In any event, sounds like the COBRA driver is a tool bag

I am jumping off this hijacked bs, its just getting worse with false info

Ken
Old 03-30-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kens03cobra
The part about the smaller the pully the faster the blower the more whine is true, obviously.

Now, if you are hearing a loud whine without a load, ie in neutral revving it, you might want to check your blower oil level as you may be low.

I am not saying they don't make any noise in neutral, but nothing like WOT and pulling, and barely noticeable and for a very short period of time at that..in no way annoying
EXACTLY!!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whine I believe come from the screws inside the blower turning against one another. And yes, you can EASILY hear the whine of the S/C while revving the engine in neutral.
I don't know about stock...it's been awhile since it had the stock pulley on there. It has the 2.74 right now, I think... It doesn't take anything to get that thing to turn. The damn thing goes into boost when barely give it any gas...we all love 15mpg right??

Quick Reply: 03 Cobra owner gets OWNED!!!!!..by me and cops!!