Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally Raced the 96 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
I hate those rims. My cousins 96 looked just like that when he bought it. Luckily he was able to find some Cobra R's for damn cheap since my other friend had just totaled his 95 Cobra. Either way, your Camaro in your sig looks way better. I love the ZR-1 rims on Camaros. It's kinda makin me want to get another Camaro instead of a T/A.
Personally I hate Cobra R's. Too many Mustangs out there with them. I think the stock 96-97 wheels are sweet. ZR1s are one of the best choices for Camaros, but sometimes I think they are even too popular. I've been trying to find a set of wheels for it that I like but they are all over $2000.00 for the wheels alone (Fikses). So untill I get the money for them? ZR1s are stayin.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Cobras just holds their value better than Fbodies. from a performance standpoint, the Fbody LS1 beats them in just about everything. even the ergonomics is better in the Fbody. the seats in my '97 Cobra is extremely uncomfortable.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The later Cobra's (99,01) were very comparable to an F-body. There problem was they cost more than the F-bodies for a car that was comparable. Handling, braking and ride quality were better on mine than the ones I had driven. Also performance #'s are very close even thought the LS1 is easier to extract the peformance from.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
Personally I hate Cobra R's. Too many Mustangs out there with them. I think the stock 96-97 wheels are sweet. ZR1s are one of the best choices for Camaros, but sometimes I think they are even too popular. I've been trying to find a set of wheels for it that I like but they are all over $2000.00 for the wheels alone (Fikses). So untill I get the money for them? ZR1s are stayin.
Yeah there are a lot of rims that are too popular on cars but that's because they usually look the best on them. It's all just what you like to think. And yeah, rims are entirely too expensive. Luckily I got a good deal on the rims I put on my Camaro and got rims and tires for $400 with brand new tires and I loved the Eagle Alloys and how my car looked with them but they are a little overdone too. But I had to get rid of the stock hubcaps that I had.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2K1WS6TA
Sounds like a 99 Z with 2.73's put it back to bed
LMFAO!

Quick Reply: Finally Raced the 96 Cobra