Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 95 Z28 vs. my buddies modded LT1 Ram Air WS6 Firebird Formula

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 95 Z28 vs. my buddies modded LT1 Ram Air WS6 Firebird Formula

Well one night on our way home from hanging out with some friends me and my friend decided to goof around a bit on some back roads coming home. Well see he just got done doing some mods to his car earlier last summer and I had my Z for about 3 weeks or so (bone stock to my best knowlegde). His car had full lenght exhaust, pace setter LT's and SLP loud mouth with no cats, MSD opti, Ram Air,some other goodies,and basically a fresh built engine too. Well going down this road I hear him take off the over drive inside his car, basically hearing the car shift out of over drive into 3rd. I knew what was coming next. We were at about a 30 mph roll and I was about 3 car lenghts back. As soon as he hit the gas I also did the same. Whoa was the only words to discribe what happened next. My car took off and was putting me back into my seat like no other. Well thank god I got it on video because its a little unbelieveable. I past him and was ahead of him in no time flat...?And I beat him by a good 4 cars before I let off of it. How does a stock Z28 beat a modded T/A? Here's a couple questions for you guys out there. This past winter I started with my H/C set up, basically taking off my heads to get port and polished. Come to find out my heads are cast iron!? I was like WTF! so I did some research on my car. Turn out its a police interceptor too. But I have power windows and Z28 badges. Something isnt adding up? Plus im the second owner of the car the original own is in jail.but his owned it since. Its basically sat in a repo yard for years. I did a back round check on the car too. Still turns up Police Interceptor and only oil changes and when the oringinal owner had done the regerstation. Went to the local GM dealership and had the VIN ran. Come to find it has 3.42 in the rear. I asked them about the cast iron heads and why it has an SS gear in it and they couldnt answer my question. So really whats up with my car. Do I truely have a factor freak or what?! P.S. I got a set of aluminium heads to be port and polished...
Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you bought a mystery egg.

Its not easy to walk a full bolt on LT1 like that, unless you got a 12 second car.
Also, LT1 Camaro's never had Iron heads so whoever did that knew what they where doing, if it runs as good as you say.
Secondly, A4 cars did not come with 3.42's. Now if youre car is a true interceptor there could be an exception but I doubt it.

Who did you get this car from?

You basically have a heads/cam LT1. Right now you could get another 25-30 hp if your put some Longtube headers and a nice exhaust on there. I am sure a nice Cold Air Intake wouldnt hurt either.

But for right now, I would have the car dynoed to see exactly where youre at.
Good kill and nice Z28