Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mustang respect

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang respect

Ok i was headed to school the other day and i seen a 05 mustang GT so i gave it a little rev and pass by. When he seen and heard me he cut to my lane and gave it some. He then pulled next to me and floored it. Seeing this i floored it too. I hit about 110 and then had to shut it down because of traffic. I took him by a couple cars from about a 40 roll. After I was thinking to myself, just another *** in a stang with no love for F-bodies. But he surprised me when he gave me a thumbs up and yelled "sweet ride." That really made me think that all mustang owners arent douch bags.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill
Old 04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Kill!

Sincerly,
Douche Bag.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkT/A01
That really made me think that all mustang owners arent douch bags.
LOL

I hang out with alot of Mustang owners bevause most of them are cooler then the F-body guys..
Old 04-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

That really made me think that all mustang owners arent douch bags.
Why would you think that to begin with...honestly?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why would you think that to begin with...honestly?
Mainly because i know alot of douch bag mustang owners who talk alot and dont show alot.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
***Repost Police***

It's usually (from my experience) the LS1 owners that are the douchebags... they tend to overestimate their own cars, and underestimate everyone else's. Like I know this kid with a GORGEOUS SOM '02 WS6 6spd, that claims he ran a 12.3 stock, and said my car wouldn't even come close to his once I get 4.10s, in the 1/8 mile. He WAS drunk at the time, but that still = douchebag.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ I could say the same thing about Fbod guys. Some of the cockiest SOB's I have ever met drove LS1 cars, but wouldnt run. That was one major negative in my consideration of buying a Camaro. The Mustang scene I was involved in and all the meets/car shows I went to were overwhelmingly postive and filled with good people. All the Fbod guys around were asshats(there were a few that broke the mold). But in the end I bought a Camaro because it is what I wanted, and hopefully I'll meet up with some cool folks at some local shows coming up.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Im not trying to start a fight with mustang owners im just saying i know alot of mustang guys who talk but don't walk and i was surprised to see one who wasn't a douch bag. Sry If i offended any mustang owns.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
9 Second Club

I've met douche bags driving most anything with wheels. It's definitely not just LSx or mustangs or vettes or porches or VWs etc....

Seems to me there are a bunch of douche bags driving Chrysler 300Ms these days. I don't understand what makes them think these cars give them some high "status" or something...

Douchebag= dumb humans no matter what they drive or ride.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's usually (from my experience) the LS1 owners that are the douchebags... they tend to overestimate their own cars, and underestimate everyone else's. Like I know this kid with a GORGEOUS SOM '02 WS6 6spd, that claims he ran a 12.3 stock, and said my car wouldn't even come close to his once I get 4.10s, in the 1/8 mile. He WAS drunk at the time, but that still = douchebag.
I don't think it's brand based but I do agree with this statement. I find more guys with LS1's who thing they are "Holier than tho" and unbeatable. Granted those are normally guys who have no clue about any car including their own.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

I don't know, around where I live it seems like there are a lot of mustang guys that think their stock GT's are God's gift to the earth and will rape anything in its path. All the LS1 owners I have met so far have been pretty cool guys. I have met some cool mustang owners too, don't get me wrong, but alot of douch bags as well. Maybe it's just b/c there are about 9 billion mustangs in my area so some of them are bound to be ****.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Nice Kill. But I also want to know what makes you think that we, or most of us are "douche bags"?

I would voice my opinion on your Mustang Respect comment, but It's too much to type.

I'll just say that in order to get respect, you have to give respect. This is true generally speaking in life itself. But he gave you your respect, and he earned yours because of that. Now you're posting a thread that is Titled "Mustang Respect" instead of "Cocky Stang Owner" or something like that. But not all Stang owners are cocky, just like not all LSX owners are cocky.

Last edited by PWORLDSTANG; 04-09-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mainly because i know alot of douch bag mustang owners who talk alot and dont show alot.
So just because you know a handfull of Mustang owners that talk alot and don't show alot you are willing to let your ignorance take over and label every Mustang owner a douch bag?

Wow...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
I've met douche bags driving most anything with wheels. It's definitely not just LSx or mustangs or vettes or porches or VWs etc....
Exactly, I don't know why people keep saying the same **** over and over.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

the whole world sucks and everyones an *******. just an observation. kidding every group has em in every city. ingnorance is bliss dont read ne thing
Old 04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Im not trying to start a fight with mustang owners im just saying i know alot of mustang guys who talk but don't walk and i was surprised to see one who wasn't a douch bag. Sry If i offended any mustang owns.
No offense taken at all.

But even If he didn't tell you nice car and give you thumbs up, does that make him a "Douche bag"? IMO, as long as he didn't do anything stupid like flip you off after you beating him, everything is good.

I think respect comes from the driver of the car. Or atleast should. But most times the disrespect comes from the guy who thinks his car is unbeatable. Everyone hates this type of attitude no matter where it comes from.

I think it's more of the other driver not giving your car the respect it deserves more than anything else. But the Stang showed you your respect and got yours in return.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Teching In

I dont see why the Mustang guys are getting upset ? For the most part the GM guys i have met some of them are ok, some are real dicks. BUT i can say if you get a guy in a Mustang that owns a 05 + they think they can take down godzilla. The terminator guys are cool dudes too. But for the most part 05+ GT guys think they are gods. Me.....Aww i know my place in the pony car world.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by casper98gt
I dont see why the Mustang guys are getting upset ? For the most part the GM guys i have met some of them are ok, some are real dicks. BUT i can say if you get a guy in a Mustang that owns a 05 + they think they can take down godzilla. The terminator guys are cool dudes too. But for the most part 05+ GT guys think they are gods. Me.....Aww i know my place in the pony car world.
yea. When I get out of my 04 terminator and into my 06 Saleen E I just totally change...kinda like the Hulk.

Then i get into my fox body and wish i had a mullet...

Then i cruise in my 65 and....well....I think i made my point.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Takes a douch bag to spot a douch bag . Good kill. In conclustion of this thread, I think we can all agree that we are all douch bags. -Mark