Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

<bUrP> Just ate my first evo!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
It's gonna be tuned as well...OF COURSE..LOL

I wouldnt just throw it on and expect to pick up power brother..

Ive got a guy who's already done a few AEM's installing/tuning it and then for good measure im gonna have another shop check everything out on the dyno..

So it's gonna be wide band dynoed on the road-and then wide band dynoed on the dyno..

Typical gain is 10-20 rwhp ( since vipers are tuned to run like crap from the factory)

Im not expecting any miricals..In a lil while when I get a SC or TT or maybe just a 300 shot of Nos ill be using the AEM for it's full capabilities..

FOR NOW I JUST WANNA GET 3000$ WORTH OF TUNER OUT OF MY FREAKIN CLOSET AND ON THE CAR lol
I know who is installing it. That same guy installed and tuned the AEM on Gus's stealth. At the track he was running at 114-115 mph. Couldnt turn the boost up because the tune was crap. This is from months of tuning. John came and in ONE night of tuning Gus went to the track and trapped at 130 mph. Thats over 150 rwhp gain from just the tune. So you take that how you will...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Killemall
No...

A heads cam car is not minor..

He could be 380 rwhp..He could be 460 rwhp..Just depends on his heads and cam selection..

Granted he needs to have an pretty extreme set up to run with you or weight reduction..I still would never take a head/cam Fbody lightly..

That cammed LS2 GTO that ran the other night that had 420 rwhp wasnt that fast. but thats because he was in a 3800 pound GTO..

Put 420 rwhp in a 3450 pound Fbody and it will be MUCH closer..

The 408 we raced IS NOT 500 rwhp. His dynoright now is 473 standard ( wich is actually around 460 SAE)

A true 500 rwhp SAE WS6 would crush us both at this point by 2-3 cars on the freeway..

1FASTTRANSAM is a kool guy. but until he has a dyno of 500 rwhp SAE we cant say that we can run even with/pull a 500 rwhp 408..

Im sure once all the tunings done and everythings worked out he'll have 500 rwhp and we'll need a lil more mods/power to hang.

But as of right now he's 460 rwhp SAE
I was there the night the recent race with 1fasttransam, my car was marking the end, I was there when the trans am was dynoed; his car hit 473 with the dyno operator only taking the car to 5800rpm, not reaching the redline or close. Yes the tune is still not completley dialed in either for lack of a professional tuning shop here on island. It's pretty close to 500rwhp now.

Destroyer: Your car is fast, but I never heard your turbo spool up that night, I was waiting for it. The first race was the closest, but you BOTH took off too soon after the minivan rolled out and speedy had to back out to avoid running over it, you had him by a fender to half car on that race. The second race you got him by about a car and a half, he said that he lost traction when he shifted and had to let off to get control again. I know that he is also taking it easy on his rearend right now to avoid snapping an axle or breaking welds and twisting the tubes on the DR's; the car is his daily driver too.

I want to make sure that you don't think that I'm down playing the race or your ride, you get my resptect for the mods and the driving I've witnessed your car is no joke. Although I prefer American Muscle to the littler imports, I can appreciate the time and effort as well as money you've invested in tweaking your car and getting it to where it is now.

If 1fasttransam gets his tune dialed in correctly, I know that he can give you a very good run for your money, it would be a good race to see.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by farmdawg
I was there the night the recent race with 1fasttransam, my car was marking the end, I was there when the trans am was dynoed; his car hit 473 with the dyno operator only taking the car to 5800rpm, not reaching the redline or close. Yes the tune is still not completley dialed in either for lack of a professional tuning shop here on island. It's pretty close to 500rwhp now.

Destroyer: Your car is fast, but I never heard your turbo spool up that night, I was waiting for it. The first race was the closest, but you BOTH took off too soon after the minivan rolled out and speedy had to back out to avoid running over it, you had him by a fender to half car on that race. The second race you got him by about a car and a half, he said that he lost traction when he shifted and had to let off to get control again. I know that he is also taking it easy on his rearend right now to avoid snapping an axle or breaking welds and twisting the tubes on the DR's; the car is his daily driver too.

I want to make sure that you don't think that I'm down playing the race or your ride, you get my resptect for the mods and the driving I've witnessed your car is no joke. Although I prefer American Muscle to the littler imports, I can appreciate the time and effort as well as money you've invested in tweaking your car and getting it to where it is now.

If 1fasttransam gets his tune dialed in correctly, I know that he can give you a very good run for your money, it would be a good race to see.

thanks...well trust me my turbo was spooling and it spools hard...it might have been my wastegate you were hearing..its very loud and external dump.the turbo with external dump sounds nothing like internal...i rode in a evo in florida with same mods as me but internal dump and it sounds like a turbo..(may sound funny) when i pound mine it sounds nothing like a turbo(at least from the inside) i think its the dump is all you hear..

but thanks for the respect.thats what i like to hear..i went there that nite to do that..show what my car can do..and that its not you "typical" hawaii import...maybe ill see you around again

Quick Reply: <bUrP> Just ate my first evo!!