Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06(600hp) vs Skyline 650hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
How would you know what color 25psi's 350Z is?

The only thing Im "defending" is the truth.
Dont know about you but I would call this negative, or atleast blind stupidity:
"Three, it still runs on leaf springs. I dont know about you, but if I purchase an 80K+ car, I do not want to role around on leaf springs"
"Sorry to say, but its still a Chevy!"

Thats not talking negative, Im describing what I wouldnt want in an 80k dollar vehicle. When describing the likes of a Ferrari, Lambo, Zonda, Porshe, and Chevy and trying to determine what women would prefer, do you honestly think GM should be in there? This is why I said, it is still a Chevy!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jujitsu
Make excuses if you must. I really hope it makes you sleep better at night. Do you think, GM would put run flats on a vehicle, if it would perform like it should? This is GM flagship model. I pretty much garuantee you, they did there research.
Irony!
"Give me a 500hp skyline vs a stock C6 and I guarentee you, the outcome would be different!"
"In Japan, there were hp regulation. I would imagine, without restriction such as hp, the Skylines power would also be augmented!"

DA SKYLYN3 CAN NEVA LOOSEEEE, IT HAS DA HP/L DAWG!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 AM
***Repost Police***

Ok... but have you driven a 300ZX?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

Irony!
"Give me a 500hp skyline vs a stock C6 and I guarentee you, the outcome would be different!"
"In Japan, there were hp regulation. I would imagine, without restriction such as hp, the Skylines power would also be augmented!"

DA SKYLYN3 CAN NEVA LOOSEEEE, IT HAS DA HP/L DAWG!!!!!!

You gave me a link to a race between a Skyline, Subaru, Lambo and C6 Z06. The point of you doing this, still amazes me, becuase the Z06 lost! It could not beat a stock Skyline, nor a Subaru STI.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats not talking negative, Im describing what I wouldnt want in an 80k dollar vehicle. When describing the likes of a Ferrari, Lambo, Zonda, Porshe, and Chevy and trying to determine what women would prefer, do you honestly think GM should be in there? This is why I said, it is still a Chevy!
what about "Its just a Nissan"?
Using your logic, I could call a Ferrari "Just a Fiat", or a Lambo "Just a VW."

I dont know about you, but I would prefer lightweight a suspension(lighter than coils) that has been proven time and time again. Every time GM had test mules out for new vettes there were some with coils, and every time the leafsprings got to production.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Yeah, I'm the biggest ricer on here.

Your the one defending a Japanese Sedan with a snow plow on the front and a bookshelf on the rear, and I'm the ricer?

Do you even know what a sedan is? There is your ignorance once again. The GTR is a 2 door NOT a 4 door sedan.

OMG you need to call Porsche RIGHT NOW! They have a book shelf on the rear of their car what were they thinking!!!!!!

*sigh* how old are you? 40? 50? Your about as dense as my grandpa...

And just a FYI the 300ZX TT > then your brothers 350Z.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

You gave me a link to a race between a Skyline, Subaru, Lambo and C6 Z06. The point of you doing this, still amazes me, becuase the Z06 lost! It could not beat a stock Skyline, nor a Subaru STI.
I didnt not see a stock skyline, or a Z06 losing to a skyline. I also didnt see a STi, could you please show me?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why isn't this locked yet?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

I didnt not see a stock skyline, or a Z06 losing to a skyline. I also didnt see a STi, could you please show me?

Your pathetic. Really you are!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Why isn't this locked yet?
Because were all having fun . No need to lock as this is my entertainment tonight till I get tired enough to go to sleep.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your pathetic. Really you are!
Really, where are these cars?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

No its not. Ls1, ls2 nor an Ls7, came with an iron block!
the truck engines are essentially iron lsx motors, do your research on the development of the Ls1 motor......

GEN 3!!!!!

Last edited by GMmexican; 04-13-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:11 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, and the Ford GT engine is essentially a reworked Mustang motor, but you can't call the Ford GT's engine a "Mustang motor." Just thought I'd jump in on this one.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, and the Ford GT engine is essentially a reworked Mustang motor, but you can't call the Ford GT's engine a "Mustang motor." Just thought I'd jump in on this one.

But at least the Ford GT and mustang engines are made of the same material. the LQ and LS are not even composed the same.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=jujitsu] It could not beat a stock Skyline, nor a Subaru STI.QUOTE]
u SERIOUSLY didnt just say that!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'd actually call it a reworked truck motor with 4v heads.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
But at least the Ford GT and mustang engines are made of the same material. the LQ and LS are not even composed the same.
its the same motor, ford also has iron and aluminum versions of the 32 valve......when you say a jap motor can handle alot of power your refering to the block, the new lsx block can hande 2000hp

and your comparing apples and oranges when your talking about a forged boost motor compared to a naturally aspirated motor
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

:Wow, lots of ignorance in this thread.

First of all, Im a vette man to the bone. I love everything about them, and can tell you almost anything. I love both of these cars for what they can do.

But if you came on here bashing a skyline GTR because 1) its an import, 2) you know nothing about it, or 3) call it a ricer because it was in MOVIE; you are not a true auto enthusiast, more like a fanboy. Wonder how many times the vette was badly portrayed in a movie?

Opinions on styling are one thing, but facts on performance and build are another. The GTR is an automotive masterpeice, and has been since the R32, much like the vette but in different aspects. Sure the vette outperforms it hands down now, but if you compare like years this is not always true, especially 89' - 96' GTR's when the vette was somewhat lacking.

When it comes to performance per dollar, the vette kills it (in the USA), but that doesnt change the great technological aspects of either cars. Nissan dropped the ball on the later year GTR's in performance IMO. They were such good performers they didn't bother improving it much.

The GTR had technology 20 years ago that some higher end cars still don't have. It performed better than most supercars. And as far as the RB26DETT goes, it is hands down one of the best motors ever built. Not to down play the LSX's though. If the US had a market that better supported the RB26, it would easily be among the serious competitors. Theres a reason why they are the kings in japan.

Take this from someone who has owned a few vettes, built and owned RB26's, and doesnt care what some trick (ho) thinks about either.

This thread was doing great till the fanboys ignorance (both sides) stepped in.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GTOpowered240sx
:Wow, lots of ignorance in this thread.

First of all, Im a vette man to the bone. I love everything about them, and can tell you almost anything. I love both of these cars for what they can do.

But if you came on here bashing a skyline GTR because 1) its an import, 2) you know nothing about it, or 3) call it a ricer because it was in MOVIE; you are not a true auto enthusiast, more like a fanboy. Wonder how many times the vette was badly portrayed in a movie?

Opinions on styling are one thing, but facts on performance and build are another. The GTR is an automotive masterpeice, and has been since the R32, much like the vette but in different aspects. Sure the vette outperforms it hands down now, but if you compare like years this is not always true, especially 89' - 96' GTR's when the vette was somewhat lacking.

When it comes to performance per dollar, the vette kills it (in the USA), but that doesnt change the great technological aspects of either cars. Nissan dropped the ball on the later year GTR's in performance IMO. They were such good performers they didn't bother improving it much.

The GTR had technology 20 years ago that some higher end cars still don't have. It performed better than most supercars. And as far as the RB26DETT goes, it is hands down one of the best motors ever built. Not to down play the LSX's though. If the US had a market that better supported the RB26, it would easily be among the serious competitors. Theres a reason why they are the kings in japan.

Take this from someone who has owned a few vettes, built and owned RB26's, and doesnt care what some trick (ho) thinks about either.

This thread was doing great till the fanboys ignorance (both sides) stepped in.
well the skyline is a great car but what makes the rb26 so GOD like?.....price? reliability? aftermarket? versatility? arent those things attributed to the lsx? im not a fanboy just being realistic, the rb26 can cure cancer with its fluids but its not easily avaliable and EXPENSIVE!!! unlike other japanese motors already here in the states with great support (4g63,mkIV etc.)
Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its funny to see people stick up for a car they don't own or have never driven. Ricers like the Skyline because they never made it here and they can spout off myths and most domestic guys won't be able to say there lying. I think its funny because I am pretty impressed by the Vette. Thats why I own one, I can't really respect people who nut hang and adamantly defend cars they don't own. That would be like me owning an Aveo and declaring that the Skyline was a pos.

I know alot about the Skylines, even contacted Motorex and went and looked at a modified R32. Also rode in a HKS Blackbird and a R34 V Spec. Impressive cars but even the Japanese and Europeans comment on how cold and clinical they are. But if I hear another myth about a Skyline making 1,000 reliable hp for 200k miles on stock turbos I swear I will punch someone in the face!

Quick Reply: C6 Z06(600hp) vs Skyline 650hp