Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06(600hp) vs Skyline 650hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bboy4real is the only true enthusiast in this thread. Someone who can argue objectively with an open mind and actually provide factual information.

BlackMagicC5 <---Don't even waste your time arguing with this genius.
Bruised vagina as always. Vagisil anybody? There's NO WAY a Vette can lose...especially to a non-domestic car. I could quote all the stupid **** you have said in this thread but honestly, it's not worth it in the long run.

Skyline 1
Vette 0

Next race.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Banned

damn the vette fanboys really got sand in there **** this time...SUCK IT UP!!OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE VETTE GOT BEAT BY A JAP POS(AS YOU WOULD SAY)..and yes skylines lose too..but not in that race...

and a skyline stock or modded will out last a vette anyday...japanese cars last FOREVER! and you all know that...

so once again

skyline-1
vette-0
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by diambo4life
bboy4real is the only true enthusiast in this thread. Someone who can argue objectively with an open mind and actually provide factual information.

Bruised vagina as always. Vagisil anybody? There's NO WAY a Vette can lose...especially to a non-domestic car. I could quote all the stupid **** you have said in this thread but honestly, it's not worth it in the long run.

Skyline 1
Vette 0

Next race.
I would take your DSM over a skyline, at least i could find parts for it here in the states
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheDestroyer
and a skyline stock or modded will out last a vette anyday...japanese cars last FOREVER! and you all know that...
outlast? thats totally irrelavant, and why isnt nissian running in the le mans 24hour?......vettes are doing pretty good there
Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jujitsu
LOL!

_ That the Skyline, is the most advanced car ever produced and cant be rivaled or matched, in terms of what it has accomplished.
What about the Delorean in Back to the Future!!!That Bitch went back in time. And for being exclusive-the friggin skyline have a flux capacitor?. . . Didn't think so! THats what I thought!!! WORD
Old 04-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bumperdragging
i think its gayer then aids...the R34 looked a lot better
The front view looks like a toaster with headlights.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMmexican
well the skyline is a great car but what makes the rb26 so GOD like?.....price? reliability? aftermarket? versatility? arent those things attributed to the lsx? im not a fanboy just being realistic, the rb26 can cure cancer with its fluids but its not easily avaliable and EXPENSIVE!!! unlike other japanese motors already here in the states with great support (4g63,mkIV etc.)
I wasn't comparing it to an LSx. The LSx beats it IMO, but some of that has to do with our lack of RB26 support.

The 26 can turn 9k rpm's in stock trim (and 11k plus with some modifiecation), and has supported over 1800 hp on the stock bottom. They have great powerbands also. In stock trim the R34 usually do closer to 380 bhp. They were underrated, much like we are used to here.

Again, I wouldn't say they are better than the LSx, but completely different as far as advantages/disadvantages.

Last edited by GTOpowered240sx; 04-13-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ fully agree
Old 04-13-2007, 03:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Its funny to see people stick up for a car they don't own or have never driven. Ricers like the Skyline because they never made it here and they can spout off myths and most domestic guys won't be able to say there lying. I think its funny because I am pretty impressed by the Vette. Thats why I own one, I can't really respect people who nut hang and adamantly defend cars they don't own. That would be like me owning an Aveo and declaring that the Skyline was a pos.

I know alot about the Skylines, even contacted Motorex and went and looked at a modified R32. Also rode in a HKS Blackbird and a R34 V Spec. Impressive cars but even the Japanese and Europeans comment on how cold and clinical they are. But if I hear another myth about a Skyline making 1,000 reliable hp for 200k miles on stock turbos I swear I will punch someone in the face!
Yes, but all this happens with all cars, not just the skyline.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GMmexican
I would take your DSM over a skyline, at least i could find parts for it here in the states
You know, my very same 240sx that is getting the GTO motor used the have an R33 RB26 w/ a single GT35r. And thats the exact reason why its now getting an LSx.

It'll be nice to be able to go to advance auto again
Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

Skyline 1
Vette 0

Next race.
Yeah, nice DSM! A long time ago (mid 90's) I had one that ran close to your times completely shock the crap outa me when he pulled past me on the highway. I was on a TL1000, and thought he was long behind me when I realized he was passing me. It was the car the opened my mind to a whole lot more.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I smell a ban coming...
Yep...I was right. Apparently someone wasn't bright enough to
catch the hint.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheDestroyer

so once again

skyline-1
vette-0

So "once again" huh?
The only thing that is repeating here are you insignificant comments and "knowledge" about a car you have probably never seen or rode in.

And if you haven't noticed yet, no one really gives a **** what you have to say.
All the guys here are content with american muscle and nothing "The DESTROYER!!" has to say is going to alter anything.
If you want to swing on the Skylines nuts, youre in the
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnzilla

So "once again" huh?
The only thing that is repeating here are you insignificant comments and "knowledge" about a car you have probably never seen or rode in.

And if you haven't noticed yet, no one really gives a **** what you have to say.
All the guys here are content with american muscle and nothing "The DESTROYER!!" has to say is going to alter anything.
If you want to swing on the Skylines nuts, youre in the
He's not swinging on the skyline's nuts - he's saying lets move on to the next race you re re.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Skyline 1
Vette 0

Next race.
Thanks!!!

I swear, Redbeauty, what cars has the R34 GTR race cars raced against?

What cars has the racing C5-R's raced against?

You're honestly going to say the R34 GTR has more racing heritage than the C5?

You do know the R34 GTR, and UNBELIEVABLE CAR NO DOUBT, has never raced a non-Japanese car in world-class competition racing trim.

You do know the racing Corvettes have raced Porsches, Vipers, exotics, etc... Using the production block and wheelbase, in racing trim, right?

I want you to PROVE, not just spew your position, as to how the GTR is a faster race car modded than the C6-R since you guys want to talk modded vs. modded like true ricers.

Or, we could approach this more like enthusiasts and talk stock vs. stock and discuss two badass cars, GTR vs. Corvette... The Corvette being the faster one currently, the GTR faster previously. Once you talk mods, it doesn't matter... I could mod a beetle to destroy both cars!!!

Ummm... Let's forget the LS1... LQ9 fine WTF cares??? WHATEVER, all manufacturers have blocks that can take tons of hp modded, NONE ARE SPECIAL... Why is a 2k hp RB more special than a 2k hp LQ9...

BTW, yeah it sucks that the LS1 is aluminim for peak hp above 1500 rwhp... BUT THAT'S WHY IT KICKS *** IN ROAD RACING (weighs less than many 3.0L inline sixes/V6's)... It's not all about the drags. You do know many Japanese cars swap to LS1's and perform better in road racing, right?

When you add it all up, the CURRENT Vette dominates EVERYTHING out of Japan (production) stock vs. stock...

You wanna keep talking, "Well, if you up the boost on the stock turbo to... BLAH BLAH BLAH"

You wanna talk mods? That's lame... I can mod a neon to destroy a Z06 at Laguna Seca, you guys wanna discuss this here?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Let's see the old Skylines on the 'Ring and see if they're just "a good engine and that's it.":

7:28-7:40 - Porsche Carrera GT
7:40 - C6 Corvette Z06
7:40 - Mercedes SLR
7:43 - 996 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
7:43.5 - Lamborghini Murcielago
7:44 - Pagani Zonda C12S
7:46 - 996 Porsche 911 GT2
7:52 - Lamborghini Gallardo
7:56 - C5 Corvette Z06
7:56 - 996 Porsche 911 Turbo
8:13 — Dodge Viper SRT-10
8:22- Nissan R32GT-R
8:23 — Aston Martin DB7 GT
8:23 — Porsche 996 Carrera 4
8:24 — Subaru Impreza WRX STi
8:25 — Callaway C12
8:26 — Mercedes Benz SLK 32 AMG
8:26 — Nissan 350Z
8:28 — BMW M5
8:29 — Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG
8:34 — Acura NSX, 276 PS
8:35 — BMW M3 Coupe, 321 PS
8:35 — Brabus-Mercedes Benz C V8 Sportcoupι (02/2002)
8:37 — Honda NSX 3.0 (07/1991)
8:38 — Honda NSX 3.2 (08/1997)
8:38 — Mercedes Benz SL500
8:39 — Honda S2000 (01/2000)
8:39 — Morgan Aero 8 (04/2003)
8:40 — Holden GTS, on an in and out lap (2000)
8:40 — Chevrolet Corvette C5 Targa Automatic
8:42 — Lotus Exige (11/2000)
8:44 — Chevrolet Corvette C5
8:49 — Jaguar XKR Coupe
8:49 — Renault Clio Sport V6

I don't think the GT-R is "just an engine." Sorry.

The old R32 GT-R is faster than alot of AWESOME cars.

The fact that the new C6 and Viper are faster than the old GT-R's says alot about how awesome our Vette and Viper are in the twisties. It doesn't TAKE AWAY from the GT-R, it adds to them that they're even close... All these cars are badass.

And they're not all "supercars" either.
i see the point you are trying to make but it doesnt impress me that much when you have a subaru wrx 2 seconds slower and then the 350z 4 seconds slower. i know modded skylines can be insane but if they are barely beating these cars then its not that impressive
Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silver01z06
i see the point you are trying to make but it doesnt impress me that much when you have a subaru wrx 2 seconds slower and then the 350z 4 seconds slower. i know modded skylines can be insane but if they are barely beating these cars then its not that impressive
To be fair, I think EVERY car on that is damned impressive to me.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be in Japan then. Because I can am pretty sure that 1 out 500 girls knows what a skyline is. Their first remark about the car would be "Is that an Older Nissan Maxima"??
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
But that's the allure... it looks/sounds expensive, it's right-hand drive, and they don't know what the **** it is, yet they hear turbo spool and a loud BOV. Around here, the few Skylines I've seen around have panties THROWN at them.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jujitsu
Why dont you show your wife the video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...25f0eb6975.htm

Seems like you mighty Vette, put up a good fight, all by himself!

let those guys who never driven cars with that much torque.

Than put the faster cars in the back so they can't pass the slower cars. Listen to the porsche 911 turbo guy, he even said that.

I'd be interested to see each of those cars run their best times on that track solo. Let the guy driving the 911 turbo drive the corvette, he seems to be pushing that car.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'd actually call it a reworked truck motor with 4v heads.
And a dry sump

Quick Reply: C6 Z06(600hp) vs Skyline 650hp