Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

s10 vs new mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s10 vs new mustang gt

I'm driving to the store and my engine is loud but Im not ever one to street race I goto a dragway. Some new mustang gt flys by to get my attention. Too bad he got a red at the next intersection. I slowly get there he does the revving crap, I do nothing. He guns it and I try to do the same but a minvan turns into my lane I get over and go hard on the *** of that mustang and ride his butt hardly anything from the bumpers til he moves over. As an added bonus I skipped 3rd and still had no problem scaring his ego. We get on the interstate and I drive 10mph below the speed limit of 65 and he won't pass me. I finally get him just to the side of me and I wave at him and he just sat there real stiff and bit his lips and got off the first exit he could see. My friend sat there in the passenger seat and said man he gave you everything the car had and you could have drove right thru him.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Launching!

Nice.....No more chip on his shoulder!Do u have any traction issues?maybe a manhole cover in the bed?jk....
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want an S10 with an LS1 and T-56. That'd be so awesome. What's it run in the 1/4?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by six_string_wiz
Nice.....No more chip on his shoulder!Do u have any traction issues?maybe a manhole cover in the bed?jk....
Why you got one to sell me You mean I'm suppose to have traction. Well, it's impossible to dump the clutch in the s10 with no weight. I've got low profile tires right now so traction bars would catch the ground. I can dump the clutch with a few tires in the bed no problem.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

I love that ride...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Launching!

Right on....That is a clean ride.Not many guys will see an ls1 coming in that thing.I was just goofin about traction...I was imagining, what it would be like with the torque curve.Definately badass....its gotta be a blast to drive!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats badass. how hard of a swap was it?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

1/4 time coming. I'll be posting here with all the runs good and bad. I would have been to the track sooner with the s10 but messed up the driveshaft back to the rear end. I got a group of old friends I plan to goto the dragway with that all got imports evo9, s2000, 350z, and then a mustang. I've crushed the 350z but friend is still in import trash talk denial (cheese wedge) and has to talk up lies for the other cars. So, I said fine and will show no mercy. I've raced 3 new stangs, one 06 350z auto(friend), magnum 3.5l and hemi, and so far I've only lost to a rx7 350 700r4 stall and DR by maybe 4 lenghts he got my respect with the swap. The install was easy but I have a friend with a full shop behind his house. We had the swap done in a month. I had everything bought before the swap so there wasn't a wait period for parts. I spent about 3 months planning the swap making sure I knew what had to be done, another 3-4 buying parts, and then the swap 1 month so in all about 7 months. I didn't do anything internal yet. I wanted to get the feel for what I got to start with before slapping in parts. I love understanding how my vehicles feel and then decide what they're needs are.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jinusow
Why you got one to sell me You mean I'm suppose to have traction. Well, it's impossible to dump the clutch in the s10 with no weight. I've got low profile tires right now so traction bars would catch the ground. I can dump the clutch with a few tires in the bed no problem.

why not cal-tracs traction bars and some nitto 555r's. the caltracs wont catch the ground because they connect from the frame to the axles.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

did u have any problems with those tires fitting. i have a 98 that is begging for a setup like thatm