Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 Camaro vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burnzilla
I agree, I didn't bring that up someone else did but I couldnt let it go.
And on a side note I do enjoy this because as long as people like you and others are mature about it, its rather fun.

And I wasn't trying to downplay the LS1 Bolt on Record time but I just noticed that, and it is kind of funny the way I said that!
And your bandwagon comment is absolutely true.

Listen, when I looked for an Fbody, I looked at 5 of them. One was a 98 SS.
But I have always wanted the LT1, thats what I grew up with. So I bought it, and saved myself from spending all my cash on car. I have 3 cars (the LT1 being the oldest), a fourwheeler, a new snowmobile and money in the bank. If I really wanted an LS1, I'd have one. I am not showboating, none of my stuff is gold... just trying to say.

I plan on getting an LS1 Firehawk or C5 Z06 sometime in the future, but I have always been content with my Z28. I am not an all out racer. But I just hate it when people **** on the LT1, because for its time it was a great powerplant and whats most impressive is that even today, in 2007, they are whoopin ***.

And the fact of the matter is, a taken care of bolt on LT1, can run with these newer cars, over 10 years later.
Thats what this is about.
Well said.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And on a side note I do enjoy this because as long as people like you and others are mature about it, its rather fun.

And I wasn't trying to downplay the LS1 Bolt on Record time but I just noticed that, and it is kind of funny the way I said that!
And your bandwagon comment is absolutely true.

Listen, when I looked for an Fbody, I looked at 5 of them. One was a 98 SS.
But I have always wanted the LT1, thats what I grew up with. So I bought it, and saved myself from spending all my cash on car. I have 3 cars (the LT1 being the oldest), a fourwheeler, a new snowmobile and money in the bank. If I really wanted an LS1, I'd have one. I am not showboating, none of my stuff is gold... just trying to say.

I plan on getting an LS1 Firehawk or C5 Z06 sometime in the future, but I have always been content with my Z28. I am not an all out racer. But I just hate it when people **** on the LT1, because for its time it was a great powerplant and whats most impressive is that even today, in 2007, they are whoopin ***.

And the fact of the matter is, a taken care of bolt on LT1, can run with these newer cars, over 10 years later.
Thats what this is about.
Couldn't agree more! Still have tons of respect for the LT1. I dont get why so much hate on the LT1 in this thread. We're all part of the same family right?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice runs........
Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Youre just butt hurt your LS1 isn't leaps and bounds over LT1's.
Type away *******.
Rofl, says the man who's never owned an ls1. Now your going to call me names.

bullshit, you brought up the price thing reguarding people with lt1's since they are easy to afford/scrap. Fact is anything can happen on the street, but I still don't see that trap speed on that bolt on lt1. I'm well aware what both are capable of. Why do you think I bought a ls1? The potential is far greater. Since when is calling names mature about it?

The truth of it is, more LT1's are in poor condition because they are much older and easy to afford/scrap.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

Who care about price. The LS1 engine is superior in every way, lower miles most of the times, newer parts, better interiors.

You're just in denial that your LT1 is a 14 second car stock, and it's not the norm that LT1's are in the 13's stock. It rarely happens, and plus most of them are not stock anymore. Even if it did hit a 13.9 stock thats a big difference between a 13.0-13.5 stock.

Not to mention 13's aren't that fast anymore anyways.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

idk, my 95 lt1 ran a 13.7 bone stock, it was an auto at that!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Banned

This thread is about a bolt on LT1 keeping up with newer cars. Why such pety arguments?
**** it, i'll answer your dumbass remarks one more time.

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Rofl, says the man who's never owned an ls1. Now your going to call me names.
I dont call names on here.
And I thought the LS1 Camaro was ugly, and the interior too generic. It wasnt any faster then my LT1.
I didn't want and LS1 then, and I don't want an LS1 now.
I already explained why I bought the car I did.
If I really wanted an LS1, I would have one
Although I do like the LS1 Firehawks
but, I am not weekend racer I could give two *****.

:
bullshit, you brought up the price thing reguarding people with lt1's since they are easy to afford/scrap. .
They are easy to afford. Its the truth.
And I remember answering to somebody's comment, if I said that it was one of the reasons why I bought my Z28, since I paid for it in cash and owned it the minute I drove it away....3 years ago.
It felt kind of nice, no ****.

I'm well aware what both are capable of.
So why don't you just :stfu: and go bother someone else about thier LT1? Because I sure don't give a ****.

Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
13.89 @ 99 here.

Last edited by burnzilla; 04-30-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

13.89 @ 99 here.
Faster than my 99 A4 Z28 was, best bone stock it pulled was a 13.9 @100.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

This thread is about a bolt on LT1 keeping up with newer cars. Why such pety arguments?
**** it, i'll answer your dumbass remarks one more time.

I dont call names on here.
And I thought the LS1 Camaro was ugly, and the interior too generic. It wasnt any faster then my LT1.
I didn't want and LS1 then, and I don't want an LS1 now.
I already explained why I bought the car I did.
If I really wanted an LS1, I would have one
Although I do like the LS1 Firehawks
but, I am not weekend racer I could give two *****.

They are easy to afford. Its the truth.
And I remember answering to somebody's comment, if I said that it was one of the reasons why I bought my Z28, since I paid for it in cash and owned it the minute I drove it away....3 years ago.
It felt kind of nice, no ****.

So why don't you just :stfu: and go bother someone else about thier LT1? Because I sure don't give a ****.

13.89 @ 99 here.

Youre just butt hurt your LS1 isn't leaps and bounds over LT1's.
Type away *******.

what's petty? All I asked was the trap speed on the bolt on lt1? Same as other people have done too.

You have done nothing but contradict yourself. You say you don't call names and you didn't bring up the price?

And my lt1 trapped 99 too bone stock. hell, on a cool day, I can trap 100. This isn't out of the ordinary. Depending on your 60 footer, you could run 13s or 14s. I paid cash for my lt1 too, paid cash for the ls1 also. I agree, it's a good feeling. The price between the two are very close if you buy a later year lt1 and an early year ls1. You just have to shop. And your the one bent out of shape, not me.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
My friend's A4 '95 Corvette did 13.6 @ 99 in the summertime, and I know an F-body can't be too far behind
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

what's petty?
I think I meant to type pesty

You say you don't call names and you didn't bring up the price?
With all the jests and laugh icons you put up here, its trying to imply my statements are funny, no matter what I say, because you speak only wisdom .
By doing this, youre being an *******. Its not calling names if its the truth.

You have done nothing but contradict yourself.
Where, when and about what?
Bolt on LT1's keeping up with LS1's and Mach 1?
Thats alrealy been proven true.

And your the one bent out of shape, not me.
When someone responds like that with all those jests, it means they are trying to act cool like it doesn't mean much but really it does.
I already told you I could give a ****, I'm aware of the truths and accept them.
The only one "bent out of shape" here is you because your LS1 aint all that and youre having trouble getting the sand out of your vagina.

Please stop responding...
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow...this has gotten out of hand......Just to clarify, I dont' look down on LT1s....I watch out for LS1's more, I'll admit, but I dont' think LTs are junk. My comments were based on the OPs BS mod list. NO WAY his car can pull on those cars in a ROLL RACE wth the mods he listed...IT's BS. That was all I was saying.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

I think I meant to type pesty

With all the jests and laugh icons you put up here, its trying to imply my statements are funny, no matter what I say, because you speak only wisdom .
By doing this, youre being an *******. Its not calling names if its the truth.

Where, when and about what?
Bolt on LT1's keeping up with LS1's and Mach 1?
Thats alrealy been proven true.

When someone responds like that with all those jests, it means they are trying to act cool like it doesn't mean much but really it does.
I already told you I could give a ****, I'm aware of the truths and accept them.
The only one "bent out of shape" here is you because your LS1 aint all that and youre having trouble getting the sand out of your vagina.

Please stop responding...
Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Wow...this has gotten out of hand......Just to clarify, I dont' look down on LT1s....I watch out for LS1's more, I'll admit, but I dont' think LTs are junk. My comments were based on the OPs BS mod list. NO WAY his car can pull on those cars in a ROLL RACE wth the mods he listed...IT's BS. That was all I was saying.
rofl, I agree, I'm well aware of what a lt1 is capable that's why all I asked for was trap speed. A few others have too. Maybe I am egging him on, rofl, but damn some of the things he said.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

I had a red 94 z28 m6 with K&N CAI,TB air foil,TB coolant bypass,and a zoom performance clutch.I ran a 14.5 1/4 mile with it.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

rofl, I agree, I'm well aware of what a lt1 is capable that's why all I asked for was trap speed. A few others have too. Maybe I am egging him on, rofl, but damn some of the things he said.

No, I agree....and I noticed he hasn't said anything about speed..only ET's...yet he clarified that ETs are affected by many things...he is a walking contradiction.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lovescamaros28
I had a red 94 z28 m6 with K&N CAI,TB air foil,TB coolant bypass,and a zoom performance clutch.I ran a 14.5 1/4 mile with it.
I would guess poor 60', poor shift, or altitidue.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

No, I agree....and I noticed he hasn't said anything about speed..only ET's...
Do I need to?
Im not here to discuss the nitty gritty details, if you want that go look for yourself. I dont need to answer to you for anything.
NO WAY his car can pull on those cars in a ROLL RACE wth the mods he listed...IT's BS. That was all I was saying.
Well, youre wrong.
Mach 1's typically runs mid 13' to low 13's, and so can and LT1 with bolt ons. He pulled that Mach 1, and thats all there is to it, like it or not.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Do I need to?
Im not here to discuss the nitty gritty details, if you want that go look for yourself.

Well, youre wrong.
Mach 1's typically runs mid 13' to low 13's, and so can and LT1 with bolt ons. He pulled that Mach 1, and thats all there is to it, like it or not.
What you are not understanding here apparently is we are talking about ROLL RACES. Trap speed generally indicates how you're gonna do in a roll race, and there's no way a 268rwhp Z28 that probably traps 103-104mph should pull an '02 WS6. Or a blown GT. Or a bolt-on Mach 1 that traps 103-105mph stock. Obviously those cars either had something wrong with them, or he has more done than he's letting on. And I think it's the latter. That would be like me coming in here and bragging about beating those cars.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

^^ Hey, have you made it out to the track yet?