Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 Camaro vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What you are not understanding here apparently is we are talking about ROLL RACES. Trap speed generally indicates how you're gonna do in a roll race, and there's no way a 268rwhp Z28 that probably traps 103-104mph should pull an '02 WS6. Or a blown GT. Or a bolt-on Mach 1
This is not the first thread where a bolt on LT1 has pulled an LS1 and/or a car that is supposed to have won, even at higher speeds.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That would be like me coming in here and bragging about beating those cars.
No offense man, but a a full bolt LT1 is on average a half second quicker than a full bolt on 99-04 GT.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by burnzilla
This is not the first thread where a bolt on LT1 has pulled an LS1 and/or a car that is supposed to have won, even at higher speeds.

No offense man, but a a full bolt LT1 is on average a half second quicker than a full bolt on 99-04 GT.
Does this guy not have 268rwhp? I got that number from somewhere in this thread, and I assumed it was in reference to the OP's car. So no, it would not be half a second quicker than my car. It would be a damn good race. And in those other threads, people say the same thing. ZFan, haven't been to the track yet because I just had to get a reman. OEM shortblock, and still have some break-in to go through. To get good numbers, I might have to wait until it starts to get cooler again
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

you have a 5spd, our cars with 6spds and similar mods dyno quite higher fwiw my buddy has a full bolt on 02 gt that dynos ~250rwhp also a 5spd. Burnzilla man you sure our the lt1 civil rights advocate lol cheers to that
Old 04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Burnzilla - you are officially the thread idiot. I love how you are dodging the fact that this guy has less HP, more weight and yet is able to pull like no one's business. We say it is obvious driver (WHICH THE OP ADMITTED TO) and you still dodge that one. Face the facts..the LT1 is not as great as you saying. I understand defending cars/motors, but you are just being flat out unrealistic in your side of the argument.

BESIDES the fact, that you still have NOT acknowledged him pulling on a 350 RWHP Blown GT....the FUGGER has a bottle. It's that simple........BTW - that was found out on another board....BY AN FBOD owner. The guy is lying, his car was looked at..it's truely THAT simple.

Sup Chris...how's it going? Still haven't ran into yet...(obviously) ALthough I saw a camaro like yours at Edwards Friday night.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Burnzilla - you are officially the thread idiot..
Are you reading your own comments?
And youre calling me names, after I have seen you get in countless arguments in this street race forum?
Pony, you are in NO position to be calling anyone an idiot, sorry to say.
I love how you are dodging the fact that this guy has less HP, more weight and yet is able to pull like no one's business.
One length is pulling like nobody's business?

We say it is obvious driver (WHICH THE OP ADMITTED TO) and you still dodge that one. Face the facts..the LT1 is not as great as you saying. I understand defending cars/motors, but you are just being flat out unrealistic in your side of the argument.
So, bolt on LT1's that can run mid-low 13's running with cars that run mid to low 13's is unrealistic?

BESIDES the fact, that you still have NOT acknowledged him pulling on a 350 RWHP Blown GT....
Nope, I haven't because I am not concerned about that. You are using that BS story as a scapegoat.
And whether this guy is full of **** makes no difference, I have seen countless races of near full bolt on LT1's running with LS1's with a bolt on or two a number of times, more then enough to hang with a Mach or pull a car on it, especially given a bad driver like OP admitted.

I have a bolt on LT1 and I have messed around with LS1's at stoplights.
That Mach was going as fast as it could, and it lost.
No excuses.
If the OP lied about his mods, well he is the biggest tool on here.
But I dont need clarification from anyone that a bolt on LT1 can run with these cars.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mach 1
Old 04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
you have a 5spd, our cars with 6spds and similar mods dyno quite higher fwiw my buddy has a full bolt on 02 gt that dynos ~250rwhp also a 5spd. Burnzilla man you sure our the lt1 civil rights advocate lol cheers to that
If "full bolt on" means intake and exhaust, I believe that. My car isn't even "full" bolt-on, and look at my numbers. The guy that dynoed right before had similar mods, but LTs instead of shorties and put down 280/312. I didn't dyno 246.7rwhp last summer though... when it was 116 degrees in the shop bay and I had massive exhaust leaks. And burn, again... we are not comparing the cars e/t wise. We are comparing them from a ROLL.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Pony - you talking to me? my name's Chris and I'm in Cali too lol
Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you reading your own comments?
And youre calling me names, after I have seen you get in countless arguments in this street race forum?
Pony, you are in NO position to be calling anyone an idiot, sorry to say..
I get in arguements ONLY with those that are ignorant to mustangs (such as yourself). Ironically, I don't get into too many. You are just pissed that you have yet to admit you are wrong..HELL, if your fellow fbod owners say it!!

This is why you are the idiot:

So, bolt on LT1's that can run mid-low 13's running with cars that run mid to low 13's is unrealistic?.
I will say this ONLY ONE MORE TIME...because so many have said it already. ET'S HAVE NOTHING DIRECTLY TO DO WITH ROLL RACING. MPH WHICH IS AN INDICATION OF POWER (ALONG WITH TRACTION) TELLS YOU. WHAT PART OF 'A BOLT ON LT1' WILL NOT PULL ON A BOLT ON MACH, WS6, BLOWN STANG GT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

You are taking this argument so many differemy ways because you are deflecting direct questions that you know the answers will proove you wrong!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 AM
TECH Regular

Hows life pony? I am at work on friday nights unfortunately, so you were at edwards...see all the loser ricers trailing one another on blackstone? At least they know their place on the food chain, some 60's camaro came up on me the other day there trying to race on 'stone, very risky. So i let him follow me a bit on my way home (nees) and proceeded to give him a whoopin lol. I'm not sure how that's really relevant to anything but if you ever race in the area just keep an eye out.

edit: I'll have to run the wifes car sometime in spirit of this thread, later.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Launching!

enough already, damn
Old 05-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Banned

One thing wins roll racing, POWER.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Banned

I get in arguements ONLY with those that are ignorant to mustangs (such as yourself).
So now, I am ignorant to Mustangs?

'A BOLT ON LT1' WILL NOT PULL ON A BOLT ON MACH, WS6, BLOWN STANG GT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
A Strong Bolt on LT1 has the ability to pull a stock WS6, it has happened. A guy 3-4 pages back said an M6 with intake, exhaust and headers pulled his stock 00' by 4 cars.
Thats enough to beat a Mach 1.
You are right about a Blown Stang or Blown Mach, but once again I am not talking about them and youre using them as a cheap excuse for a buy in to place them with just an LS1, or Mach 1...

You are taking this argument so many differemy ways because you are deflecting direct questions that you know the answers will proove you wrong!!!
We have had about 5 accounts of people in this thread alone admit a bolt on LT1 has pulled thier LS1 and/or put up a fight.
What is so hard about that to understand?
I have had my points proven by other people.

You trying to argue with me about something you can win because you know a Blown Mach will take a bolt on LT1 easy, so that is your excuse.
You, once again, going on about 5 responses now, still fail to realize I am only addressing a bolt on LT1's ability to keep up with a Stock or Lightly modded LS1 and Mach 1.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

I personally have seen cammed LT1's being taken down by Lid/exhaust LS1's.

LS1>L98>LB9>5.slow>LT1...

Sorry just bored and pissed off from work
Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone calm down. I'd rather have a Mustang or LT1 F-body over an import anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. So lets fight with them instead of fighting with each other.

We all have American muscle and that's cool regardless of what motor is under the hood. Even if it's a LT1 killer like this one:

I'm just kidding Burnzilla. I respect the LT1 and everything people like Shon and Big Rick have done with them.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Teching In

$krilla nice kill buddy. I need to get some DRs and run you again. Tony racing next to you guys makes your cars look rediculious
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

So now, I am ignorant to Mustangs?

A Strong Bolt on LT1 has the ability to pull a stock WS6, it has happened. A guy 3-4 pages back said an M6 with intake, exhaust and headers pulled his stock 00' by 4 cars.
Thats enough to beat a Mach 1.
You are right about a Blown Stang or Blown Mach, but once again I am not talking about them and youre using them as a cheap excuse for a buy in to place them with just an LS1, or Mach 1...

We have had about 5 accounts of people in this thread alone admit a bolt on LT1 has pulled thier LS1 and/or put up a fight.
What is so hard about that to understand?
I have had my points proven by other people.

You trying to argue with me about something you can win because you know a Blown Mach will take a bolt on LT1 easy, so that is your excuse.
You, once again, going on about 5 responses now, still fail to realize I am only addressing a bolt on LT1's ability to keep up with a Stock or Lightly modded LS1 and Mach 1.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
OK, now you are bringing up blown machs into this..where the hell did anyone say that? YET AGAIN, you take the conversation every which way. Here...I'll simplify it yet again. WE WERE ALL TALKING ABOUT THE OP'S CAR AND RACES, UNTIL YOU CAME IN BEING MR. DEFENSIVE ABOUT LT1'S, THEN TURNED IT INTO AN LT1 GENERALIZATION THREAD. CAN YOU READ THAT?

Chris - that's cool man. We'll have to meet up sometime if we can. (well, when I get the mach back).