Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'99 Z28 vs '04 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 Z28 vs '04 GTO

My buddy just bought an 04 gto not too long ago and lastnight he called me around midnight to see if I wanted to run him, so I said what the hell. I wanted to run him before I got my headers and ory on anyways and this was pretty much my last chance to do it since I'm getting that stuff put on tomorrow.

My car has 65000 miles on it and everything in the sig except for the LTs, ory and pro 5.0. So basically I'm pretty much stock with the only thing helping me out performance wise is my tires and the CAI, I'm pretty sure the blowmaster isn't helping me out any if not hurting my power.

His car 04 GTO M6 with less than 30000 miles and BONE STOCK!

So I meet up with him and first we go from a dig. We take off after 3 beeps and I jump out a car off the line (I can hear him behind me wheel hopping like a mother ******, the gto seems to be horrible for this) and keep it this way, pulling very slightly I believe. I rip into second and go to shift into third at about 5500 rpms and hit 5th (never done this before, and it actually happened twice that night) and he goes screaming by. So we do it again and I get about a car or so on him up until 110 when I let off. We then decide to go from a 30mph roll? So he beeps 3 times and we take off and same results, about a car. They were definitely decent runs, I was hoping to beat him by more but it didn't turn out that way. We're gonna run em again after my header install. I also need to get rid of my intake manifold and get an ls6 and a tune asap!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

I also would've expected you to do slightly better, but good runs none the less bro
Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs...

LS1 GTO's (M6) dont get the credit they deserve. Everyone acts like maros/birds are suppose to walk all over GTO's but i think one car length is accurate.

My friend has one and i had the same results as you. I then added LT's and duals and easily walked him.

Your buddy will be no competition once you add the LT's/ory
Old 04-27-2007, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

yea but wait till he mods his car

weight and the fact that we can't fit wide tires in the back is the only thing that holds us back, but even then there are tons of us haulin ***
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Yeah I just thought I'd be doin better against his car mainly because my car smoked an a4 gto pretty good, must be the m6 with a good driver is faster?
Old 04-27-2007, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

that's not always true, although stock a4 shift points are pretty bad
Old 04-27-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Seems about right, good kill