Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with the chp

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run in with the chp

so a couple of months ago on a staurday night i pull out of popeyes and im at a light ready to turn left. next to me is a focus also turning left. i didnt think he wanted to race so i wasnt going to start something. anyways the light turns green and we both turn left and were just criusing. all of a sudden he downshifts and floors it so i do the same. as im slowing ppulling him, he hits the brakes and makes a right. we're like why did he do that(not knowing he had spotted a chp car behind us). so i take it as a win and was heading home. two miles later i look in my rear view mirror and see that chp in the right lane next to me. i try to ditch him by getting in the left turn lane but he manages to get behind me. soon as i make the turn he puts lights his lights on. i pull over in a empty parking lot he walks up to my door and opens it and says angry "GET OUT" as i was getting out he grabs my arm and spins me so my belly is on the car. and he kicks my legs apart and searchs me. he makes me put my hands on the top of my head and grabs them navigates me to his car. He tells me the he is going to impound my car and asks if i have anyone that can bail me out of jail. then he asks if i want to get cuffed now or later(idk). so i got the feeling that he was tring to scare me.whicj i was very scared but i tried to act more scard than i was. so i talk soft and look like im about to cry and kinda get shakey.after i while of talking to him. he looks at me and says " look since u admited to racing and u look like ur really sorry, im going to let u off with a speeding ticket." then he explains wat a big break hes cutting me by saving me all the fines and getting my car out of the impound. at that point i just took the ticket and said thank u and got out of there.

i wanna hear ur similar experiences with the cops?? i bet theres some interesting ones out there.

thanks for reading
Justin
Old 05-01-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish the cops woulda been that nice to me. They had a gun pointed at my head and yelled at me to get the **** outta the car. Then they ripped me outta my car as I was slowly getting out and threw me up against it. But they didn't search me then, they decided to grab me by the collar of my hoody(which ripped the collar and broke my necklace causing those little white bead things to go everywhere) and throw me on the ground and put a knee in my face when they cuffed me. I wasn't resisting or anything. Then they picked me up and threw me against my car again and searched me. Then I was put in the back seat of a cop car and taken to the police station and later to jail. Car got impounded and I got an overnighter and bailed myself out the next day. My own stupidity for trying to elude though. Course I didn't know they were behind me. I just took a corner and a cop car was sideways in the middle of the road in front of me.

And btw, what the heck was done to that Focus that you were slowly pulling on him? My stock Cavalier Z24 took down an SVT Focus with a programmer and intake.

Last edited by tspence45; 05-01-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Teching In

HAHA Great stories. Here is one. A few years ago I had just gotten my license back after not having it for 7 years because of speeding tickets and driving without insurance. I was driving a ratted out 77 Nova with dual 3 inch flowmasters and the mufflers mounted almost right off the headers so it was pretty loud, it had a 4 3/4 inch cowl induction hood on it and I had 2 other buddies in the car with me. The car also had a 350 with a 4 speed in it. We had to pull across the highway in pretty heavy traffic so we were waiting for a opening. While we were waiting a Cobra drove by with a Firehawk next to it. We finally managed to get onto the highway but I figured they were long gone. About 10 minutes later or so I caught up next to the Cobra and he didn't want to play so that was the end of that. While driving along further I finally caught up to the Firehawk and pulled up on his passenger side noticing what a nice car he had and how hot his girlfriend was LOL. I downshifted into 3rd around 55 or 60 and started goosing the throttle but he wouldn't bite so I just drove off. A few miles down the road going down a big hill I look in my rear view to see him coming up on me fast so I punched it. He blew past me and we started weaving through light traffic and shifting in and out of gears. We were going back and forth for a while passing each other and he wound up in front the last time. So while we were just cruising along a few miles further down the road I look in my rearview and see a cop maybe 7 to 10 car lengths behind me with his lights on but pacing right next to a car in the opposite lane of me. I got over into the right lane then and he followed but still didn't come up on me but for some reason I just pulled over. He was in a unmarked car. He comes up to my car and ask for my license and everything and ask what I was doing so I said driving. In a pissed off tone he says don't give me that bullshit and tells me to get out of the car and ask me again what me and the blue car were doing. I fessed up and said we were having a little fun and testing our cars out a little and he ask me if I knew the other guy which I didn't. He then ask me if I knew how fast I was going. I told him I had no idea because my speedometer only went up to 85 and I was past that. He tells me we had to be going well over 100 because he was trying to catch us for a few miles. He then told me I am really lucky because he could only clock me using his speedometer and when he did I was doing 77 in a 55 and to get back in my car. So then he came up and gave me my ticket. I plead not guilty to it because he messed up some of the info on the ticket and I was supposed to have a court hearing. After I got to the hearing the cop showed up and called me outside. He told me since I was honest with him and he knew how it was to be young and into cars he was willing to drop the ticket down to 10 mph over the speed limit which would reduce my fine and how may points I got on my license. I couldn't argue with that so I took the deal. I am not sure but I am thinking he must have been just driving along and we went blowing past him. I would think if he was using radar he would have had me dead to rights at how fast I was actually going. Sorry for the long read.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

oh soory i forgot to say that i was in my prelude at the time. used to think that car was fast haha. Great stories u guys
Old 05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Damn I've never been let of with a warning or lesser fine, hell I've had the DA try to tack on extra charges after the incident. That was in my teenage cheap Jap car though, since getting the muscle cops never **** with me, even with a cop tailing me at the street races and the ghetto bird with a spotlight on me they didn't do ****. Just like two nights ago a cop stopped behind me to the right to read my plates at a light cause I'm too lazy to put my registration sticker on, I was almost tempted to pull it out of my glove box and wave it at them as they rolled by, but I was pretty stoned so I didn't. I feel really secure in the F-bod, see ricers pulled over everywhere around here.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Theres a couple of CHP officers that have been bitches lately. Normally they target Honda's and Acura's with "lots of stickers" a CHP and PD told me. But about a month ago I got pulled over and got my hood popped... wtf. The cop saw the SLP lid and said it was modified.. lol it is, but I told him that it was the SLP package that came in some of the Camaros. He looked around some more, he did not know what he was looking for. He ended up giving me a ticket for tint and no front plate. 5 minutes later I got the ticket signed off Im surprised he did bitch about my cutout.

Later that night, the CHP kept circling us. When it was time to leave the hang out spot the CHP's were waiting for us. First a pullied Cobra pulled out followed by a Mazda 3. The cop turns its lights on, flips around and pulls over the Cobra. From one of the side streets another CHP pulls out behind them. I turn into the side street where the other CHP came from. A KB Cobra drove by where the other Cobra was pulled over. He ended up getting pulled over as well. The pullied Cobra got a ticket for loud exhaust and no front plate. The KB Cobra got a ticket for no front plate.

The CHP's dont know what to look for in domestics. They asked the guy in the Cobra if the blower was stock lol.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Teching In

I had just gutted my cats about three weeks ago and I was on my way home from my buddies house where we did it. I could really tell a difference in the flow and obviously the sound. So from a dead stop I hit it just for a second and let off. Next thing I know, headlights are coming up strong behind me and end up beside me. It is a ford taurus and I'm like wtf? So he flashes blue lights from inside the car and points his finger at me if to say "quit doin that ****" or something along those lines. My heart was pounding cause I can't get another ticket. I really wasn't doing anything illegal though. Never broke the speed limit and didn't smoke the tires, thank the Lord I had just bought new M/T street radials otherwise I would have been fishtailing and it would have been all over.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

The only run-in I've ever had with the cops was actually kind of nice, LOL. I was making a left at a light, about 2 seconds from the apartments that I used to live in. There is a gas station kiddie corner, and apparently, a cop was sitting back there. I couldn't see him at the time. I was in a good mood, TTops were out and it was a gorgeous day. So, I peeled out through the whole turn, slammed into 2nd and took off towards home. Look in the rearview and a I the cop pulling out with his lights on. He followed me into the apt. complex. He pulled up next to me, but didn't get out. He said to me "You home now?". I said "yeah". He said "So, that car has some ***** huh?". He was smiling and looking over the car. I said "Yeah, it does". He asked me how many miles were on it, was it stick shift (it is), horsepower, etc. LOL. He said "Sweet ride, my man! Oh yeah...try not to peel out anymore though".

Gotta the lazy small town cop who can appreciate cool cars, LOL!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

I was cruisin next to a newer V6 Stang and gave it about half throttle in 2nd gear only to get the exhaust up (Lts, ory, bullet muffler) and passed a cop right when I did it. I was coming home from work with the top down and still in uniform (air force). He pulled me over, asked me if I knew why i was pulled over and didn't. I wasn't speeding, peeling out, or anything like that. He said the car was loud, but looked real good and have a nice day lol. Sure was nervous though. I can't afford a ticket and don't speed while normal driving anyways
Old 05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

me (94z) and my brother (98z) were kicking it through rush hour traffic, not speed TOO much but we were riding out turn lanes and cutting people off. at some point we passed an off duty cop in his personal vehicle and he radio'd us in to the state boys. we get on down the road to a part thats a little more open and pass some more cars, probably going 75 in 55. and next thing i know hes blue-lighting me. so we both pull over in the gas station and hes all like AHHHHHDASD;LKFJA;LKFJA!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!! and were like our dad has cancer (RIP) and we're on our way to see him (we were) and hes like no the hell your not your both going to jail and you will never see these cars again! we looked at each other, and just kinda laughed without laughing because we could tell this cop was a jack-off. so he goes to his car and comes back 30 mins later with two tickets for our window tint (5%) which got thrown out before the court date. i dont know what it is about my brother, he's like invisible to cops. he got pulled on the way to work going 100 in a 45 and the cop said, "well where the hell you going so fast Mr. Maples" bro says "to work" cop says "where you work" bro says "industrial sign and graphics" cop says "OHH Alan Pressley, have a nice day" (we make all the police decals i guess he knew him one way or the other) this was about a week before i got taken to jail on the same road at the same time for going 80.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

uh what the ****? i dont wana read all that ****
Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a decent story, some good detail to it.

I looked at the poster's sig when it talked about the year graduating and thought wtf?

Sounds like a true Bandit get away in a Bandit car.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Teching In

heres one for ya:

Me and my friend were ******* around in the watchung reservation. He has a whipple cobra and i was in my TA. As soon as we make a left onto valley road he nails it and so do i. We get into the reservation and were driving like madmen, taking corners at nearly 60 and flying down the roads. Well i see an opening and a straightaway but it soon was gonna become a corner. I decided to pass him on a 1 way road on a double yellow. When i downshit to 3rd and am near his door i see him slam the breaks and when i passed him, i noticed a cop hiding in one of the rest areas whooops . I slam the brakes only to realize red lights flashing in my rear view. He gets outta the car and told me, if there was another car comming in the oposite direction, i wood have 2 choices. 1. hit him and go head on, or 2 turn the wheel and nail a tree. He clocked me at 64 and told me it was a 35 mph street. Liscence, registartion, insurance etc... Then i slid him the PBA Sheild a state trooper once gave me. (i keep it in my pocket, so whichever car im driving i can get away with it) He told me "if this dont get u outta ****, nothing will" He went to his car and said i was gonna give u a nasty ticket and a few points but this PBA sheild saved u. He told me to drive safe and stop acting like an *******. Wut he told my friend was a totally differant story. I felt like i was blessed after that moment.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Launching!

when i was a junior in high school i bought a pearl yellow '79 vette with a 4 speed manual and a white leather interior. worked my a#@ off for that car. last day of school on my junior year, a friend of mine threw a large party with a bonfire. i started giving people rides in the car, we were a ways out of town. after about three or four people, the pastor's daughter goes for a ride. we get out on the road and i open it up.... we hit about 110 then i slow down and drive for a little ways, turn around and get ready to go back to the party. on the way back, she asks if we can do that again.... so we do... which was a mistake.... im riding along at a touch over 100 mph, slowing down, and i see headlights.... first thing that comes out of my mouth is "god i hope that doesnt have a lightbar on the top of it"... she leans forward, and after a few moments, says.... "yes, its a cop.."
so im sitting here... in my bright yellow vette...... thinking about how theres about two other cars like it in town and decide that im completely F*$*ked. i pull over, he slows down and turns in behind me. he was kind to me since I didnt take off or even wait for him to kick his lights on. i got a ticket for a 75 in a 45...... when he really clocked me at 93.... got a must appear court ticket, payed the speeding fine, payed the insurance company for four years for that one. its been about 6 years or so, havent had a ticket since. still have that car. love it to death. .... I used to get spotted by the cops from four blocks away in my bright yellow vette..but my new daily driver, the camaro.... is a quiet, low profile green z28 that blends in. now i slip by, oftentimes when i shoulda been busted.... love the stealth Z28
Old 05-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Woot, on my way to work this morning, I'm going 60+ in a 45 zone when my radar detector starts flashing LASER!!! I've only seen cops use Ka band around here but I slowed down anyway to be careful and then saw a popo sitting on his bike in a side street. Had my windows down and I stared him down as he gunned my car, he just sat there though cause I was well within the limit by that time, ********.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, here goes..

i had just got my cutout put on back when i had manifolds, and catback... i thought i was hot ****..LOL.. and i went cruising with the friends.. had a few races prior.. and finnaly was on my way home..and this lil blue skittle rolls up (?????) and revs.. im in lane to turn left so is he.. we turn.. he steps on it and i notice its new, and dosnt have any plates. he slows back down and im like *** it.. this guy is going down! we go at it from like a 10 mph roll.. i pull on him instantly. and im just enjoying the new sound of the cutout... i finnaly let off at about 100 to slow down for light coming up... i get in my lane to turn left onto the next on coming street.. i see him speed to right lane to turn right.. when i look over i see a cop... he dosnt have his cop lights on... so im like wtf! uh oh! and he like pauses like he dont kno who to go after... so my light turns green, and i turn left... he all of a sudden jets towards the srt.. i say to myself.. SELF you are one luck y MO FO! rite? WRONG!!!! i get home thinkin everything is fine.. its like midnite.. i go to sleep..and at 2 am i hear pounding on the door! and guess who it is? thats rite THE PO-LICE! they are like sooo u been driving tonite? any racing? im like uhhh no.. of coarse he dosnt beleave me and says well i seen you race that other lil blue car, and wrote down you plates. im sure you seen me... and he says well were going to have to impound your car, and site you for speed contest! they call a flat bed over and tow my car rite from my driveway! so i lose it for 30 days, with no chance of getting it back prior... 1500 bucks to get her out. .and a fat ticket to go with it! cali is just so gay now with laws, and how strict they are getting.. thats why i like texas way better! none of this pop your hood bull crap!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Wow Stangkiller that blows. I'd be so pissed. I didn't realize that they can impound cars for a certain number of days, I just thought it was when you come up with the money, you can get it out. Looks like I just learned something new.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tspence45
Wow Stangkiller that blows. I'd be so pissed. I didn't realize that they can impound cars for a certain number of days, I just thought it was when you come up with the money, you can get it out. Looks like I just learned something new.
yea im not sure how it is here in texas.. and i dont plan on finding out..but yea in cali thats the way it is and it blows! i tried so many times to get it out. i even told them id pay the full amount for 30 dayz that it would be in the pound..they still declined.. i had to leave it there.. worst month of my life!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK......i merge onto the highway an get in the left lane....totally open, so im with my friend tops off stereo goin im like *** it put the pedal on the floor and grab the wheel with both hands.......was going pretty damn fast when i decide to slow down since my exits coming up fast. As soon as i switch lanes i hear a BURP BRP sound... i look left an theres a cop on my quarter with his lights on! So i pull over an he jsut yells to me get out of the car. So i walk back to him trying to look as sorry as possible(since i was knowing my parents were probably gonna kill me for this) He asks me so you know how fast you were goin? I jsut responded pretty fast incase he didnt actaully clock me. He tells me he radared me going 141 and that I was in some deep ****. So he goes back to his car and comes back out an says so you pay for that car?.... i respond yes since i worked my *** off to get it and he asks me again liek 2 minutes later which pissed me off. He says well here's what IM gonna do since the cars in your moms name(insurance purposes) im gonna let you go but he ended up calling my house an telling them i was only goin 100 so i got fucked for that one!! But the werid part was is he yelled more at the friend that was in the car with me for letting me do that than he did to me!! And then as he leeves he squels the fukin tires going past me!! I wanted so bad to ask him for a print out of his radar on me so i could frame it an put it in my room considering how lucky i got but decided it probably wasnt he best idea!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blknight6989
OK......i merge onto the highway an get in the left lane....totally open, so im with my friend tops off stereo goin im like *** it put the pedal on the floor and grab the wheel with both hands.......was going pretty damn fast when i decide to slow down since my exits coming up fast. As soon as i switch lanes i hear a BURP BRP sound... i look left an theres a cop on my quarter with his lights on! So i pull over an he jsut yells to me get out of the car. So i walk back to him trying to look as sorry as possible(since i was knowing my parents were probably gonna kill me for this) He asks me so you know how fast you were goin? I jsut responded pretty fast incase he didnt actaully clock me. He tells me he radared me going 141 and that I was in some deep ****. So he goes back to his car and comes back out an says so you pay for that car?.... i respond yes since i worked my *** off to get it and he asks me again liek 2 minutes later which pissed me off. He says well here's what IM gonna do since the cars in your moms name(insurance purposes) im gonna let you go but he ended up calling my house an telling them i was only goin 100 so i got fucked for that one!! But the werid part was is he yelled more at the friend that was in the car with me for letting me do that than he did to me!! And then as he leeves he squels the fukin tires going past me!! I wanted so bad to ask him for a print out of his radar on me so i could frame it an put it in my room considering how lucky i got but decided it probably wasnt he best idea!!

U have to be kidding me man. got away with doing 141mph . haha thats a story ull tell for years to come.