Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kill or not a Kill?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill or not a Kill?

I'm on my way to work yesterday " I work nights" and I come across 05-06 GTO the one with the hood scoops. I've seen this guy before but nothing ever happened as far as a race goes. I drop down to 2nd at about 50-55 to see if he would bite but no go so I pull ahead and just say all well. about two or three miles ahead he comes up from behind and this time its a go I drop down again to 2nd and wait for his move. At about 50-55 he hits it and so do I at first he jumps bout half in front and slowly i'm catching him at the end of 2nd i'm dead even and pulling in front and he lets off so i let off to and we ride for a bit. We get two the next light which was about 4 miles from where we got into it and he's got his window down so I roll mine down and he said "Its all stock" and i ask him if he had the 400hp and he said yeah just small talk for a sec. When the light turned green we both took off slow and I was waiting for him to do something and then at about 5-10 we hits it and this time i was alittle quicker to mash the gas and it went like this (by the way its was a auto and i got the M6) 1st i pull him hard about a car and ahalf i SLAM 2nd and pull even more about another car length and at the end of 2nd I let off I dont like to go to fast in town, anyways he was still in it and after he went by he let off. IMO that was a Kill or would he have caught me in the long run imo as hard as i was pulling away he didn't have a chance. I'm kinda new to the ls1 just got my car couple weeks ago and i didn't thank it would take a GTO or is that normal.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I say kill! Power to weight is where the F-body gains alot of ground on the Goat; but don't get too gung ho because there is alot of FAST GTOs running around! Good kill!
Old 05-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Launching!

I vote kill!!Lately ive seen a little respect from the Gto drivers.They were jumpin my **** left and right when they first came out.Nowadays They dont bite so quick,for whatever reason.You won....and if u see him again,dont let out until a really long pull.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Good KILL, yeah when they first came out I was getting grief from a buddy of mine and his "400HP" goat.. then I beat him from a roll with just LT's and he shut up.

Good kill.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Kill
Goats are pretty darn quick if you ask me! I ran a girl wit an auto LS2 in my old Z and I only got her by a car at around 85-90
Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a kill around town. If you were on a clear highway and let off like that after second just so that he wouldn't catch you up top, I would say then you wussed out, but you didn't, so nice job.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Kill...
I recently ran my neighbor (Stock M6 LS2) and from a dig I had him, but from a roll we were pretty even.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

sounds like a KILL 2 me .. i ran allot of goats mostly 03's and 04's before mine blew the hell up .. those cars got pwned.. then my freind put about 5K in a 06 .. i got PWNED BAD

i putting a 370 together so well see next time